Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:49:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22698 times)
planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:52:29 PM

I'd certainly base part of my retirement on Bitcoins. I might get lucky and even profit, but of course, the opposite might happen. Just don't use Bitcoin as your single way of funding your retirement, as it might be worth less when you reach your retirement.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:55:57 AM

It's not exactly retirement planning though is it, it's basically just taking a punt on something with very low odds of long term success.

You don't need bitcoin to do that.

That is true and I don't think that bitcoin as an retirement account is an great idea as you don't know what is the future of bitcoin whether it will reach to a new level or else it would just disappear so it sounds little bit risk to hold bitcoin as an retirement account.

At least you can earning through bitcoin because bitcoin still have a long way to go. The price doesnt stuck in this level for a long time

Putting 1% of your retirement contributions in Bitcoins wouldn't be a bad idea.

Definitely not a bad idea. Even putting 10% of it wouldn't be a bad idea, but investing too much and 'relying' on btc would be a very bad idea. The only thing inevitable in this world is change. Change can be positive and negative so, you just never know.

10% is a great amount too but if can manage it well I dont think that will be the problem to you and relying on bitcoin is not a bad things too because

bitcoin journey wont end in this decade so when if you are in your retirement phase you already get a lot of bitcoin that ready to be sold
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:09:13 PM

I'd certainly base part of my retirement on Bitcoins. I might get lucky and even profit, but of course, the opposite might happen. Just don't use Bitcoin as your single way of funding your retirement, as it might be worth less when you reach your retirement.

Yes thinking it as an retirement account would not be safe or else we can vision it for the short period of time lets say 5 years. The picture would be clear in next 5 years and if you can make profit out of it at that particular time then no need to wait till retirement age. Grin
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:06:26 PM

Put aways 5-10 bitcoins in a secure wallet or paper wallet.

Wait until you hit 55-60 , check the bitcoin price, and you will be amazed.

It is highly likely that if you buy it now at 200$, by then it will be 5000$, thats a nice retirement plan.

And then just start investing it here and there and live off the dividends.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 01:46:27 AM

Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.
GreenStox

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:42:50 PM

It's not exactly retirement planning though is it, it's basically just taking a punt on something with very low odds of long term success.

That is true and I don't think that bitcoin as an retirement account is an great idea as you don't know what is the future of bitcoin whether it will reach to a new level or else it would just disappear so it sounds little bit risk to hold bitcoin as an retirement account.

everything is not certain at this point, bank can fail, your life can fail, your entire country can fail too, so adding a little risk and investing in bitcoin for your retirement, does not sound that off to me

bitcoin is still more of a safe heaven then a secure disaster, it's all about probability not certainties, if something has more chance to grow then you invest in it, nothing more nothing less

Ok but what do you mean by retirement account exactly?

Telling your private pension fund manager to buy on your behalf some bitcoin in your portfolio, and trust the fund to not go bankrupt in the next financial crisis?

Or

Just buy yourself bitcoin with your savings and keep it in an offline cold wallet?

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:04:08 PM

everything is not certain at this point, bank can fail, your life can fail, your entire country can fail too, so adding a little risk and investing in bitcoin for your retirement, does not sound that off to me

bitcoin is still more of a safe heaven then a secure disaster, it's all about probability not certainties, if something has more chance to grow then you invest in it, nothing more nothing less

Telling your private pension fund manager to buy on your behalf some bitcoin in your portfolio, and trust the fund to not go bankrupt in the next financial crisis?

Or

Just buy yourself bitcoin with your savings and keep it in an offline cold wallet?

the second one, but i think some one is implying the first one, maybe they are payed in bitcoin directly?

if the you do the second one you mentioned you can essentially start to do it before your retirement kick in, i don't see any difference in waiting for your retirement to start saving in bitcoin, it should be done when the price is favorable, as it is right now
GreenStox

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:03:03 PM

Or

the second one, but i think some one is implying the first one, maybe they are payed in bitcoin directly?

if the you do the second one you mentioned you can essentially start to do it before your retirement kick in, i don't see any difference in waiting for your retirement to start saving in bitcoin, it should be done when the price is favorable, as it is right now

Well alot of people when thinking about retirement they mean the retirement plan or retirement fund they are using.

But you can retire at 25 too, if you can earn the money lol.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:07:18 PM

Or

Well alot of people when thinking about retirement they mean the retirement plan or retirement fund they are using.

But you can retire at 25 too, if you can earn the money lol.

Retiring at 25 is what we all hope for these days. If BTC soars passed $1000 again, I can tell you retiring by 30 wont be impossible. Investing in BTC long term is the right ticket with all the news brewing up. Something big will happen that makes Bitcoin price soar beyond our wildest dreams!
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 07:18:23 PM

Setting 21 btc has a long term retirenment plan was my plan last year, i still have them on cold storage with my encrypted key in a safe so when i turn 60 life could be much better then what i planned for, well hopefully by that time bitcoin is worth 1m usd a btc.
GreenStox

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:53:51 AM

Setting 21 btc has a long term retirenment plan was my plan last year, i still have them on cold storage with my encrypted key in a safe so when i turn 60 life could be much better then what i planned for, well hopefully by that time bitcoin is worth 1m usd a btc.

Depends how old are you. I am estimating about 20.000$ / BTC in about 10 years if everything goes as planned.

If a financial crisis breaks out (very likely) then it can go even to 200.000 in the next 10 years!

So at this point we stand at a crossroad. In any case bitcoin's future is bright!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:05:06 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 01:44:58 PM by scarsbergholden

well is actually not bad bitcoin has 21m to save maybe if you can i good amount it would be 210 or 200 yea has a long term investment for the next 10 years if your estimation is on point i would be able to retire at 41.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:44:38 PM

If bitcoin succeeds, even 10 coins will change your life. Putting 2500$ into a groundbreaking technology is not that risky imho.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:51:46 PM

Depends how old are you. I am estimating about 20.000$ / BTC in about 10 years if everything goes as planned.

If a financial crisis breaks out (very likely) then it can go even to 200.000 in the next 10 years!

So at this point we stand at a crossroad. In any case bitcoin's future is bright!

There is no chance that bitcoin is going to $20,000 in about 10 years or 20 years or forever. Dont dream too much. Btw what plan is bitcoin going to make? How can you said bitcoin price will going that high? What is that price based on? I guess you are just saying an absurd thing without based on anything
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:52:34 AM

There is no chance that bitcoin is going to $20,000 in about 10 years or 20 years or forever. Dont dream too much. Btw what plan is bitcoin going to make? How can you said bitcoin price will going that high? What is that price based on? I guess you are just saying an absurd thing without based on anything

There are many projections from thousands of dollars to billions of dollars, here is a million dollars strategy
An easy way to make bitcoin worth millions of dollars

GreenStox

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:08:31 AM

If bitcoin succeeds, even 10 coins will change your life. Putting 2500$ into a groundbreaking technology is not that risky imho.

That will but not as a retirement.

But if you are into bitcoin investment, another layer of income past bitcoin price increase, will be the best thing to do!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:38:30 AM

it is all based on math, nothing else, it is always the case to talk about supply and leaving the demand(worst case if bitcoin will not die, and it will not in my view...) as it is right now, when you want to predict the bitcoin price

it is obvious that if there is less dumping from miners the price will rise for sure, if the demand stay the same as now, but how much it will increase , we can not know...
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:27:00 PM

How can you subscribe how success is bitcoin? I guess it depends on how people see it, and to get until that price it will take some time
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:39:46 PM

it is all based on math, nothing else, it is always the case to talk about supply and leaving the demand(worst case if bitcoin will not die, and it will not in my view...) as it is right now, when you want to predict the bitcoin price

it is obvious that if there is less dumping from miners the price will rise for sure, if the demand stay the same as now, but how much it will increase , we can not know...

Based on math? How can you subscribe it? There is no way that bitcoin price will hit $20,000 for entire time and miners will sure dump here and there, and there will be some whale pump again or may be they will make it stuck at some point so there is no chance that price will get to $20,000 with the high demand too
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:21:48 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 06:57:46 AM by Amph

Based on math? How can you subscribe it? There is no way that bitcoin price will hit $20,000 for entire time and miners will sure dump here and there, and there will be some whale pump again or may be they will make it stuck at some point so there is no chance that price will get to $20,000 with the high demand too

you did not understand, all varaibles that are unknown are excludedso in the worst case scenario where bitcoin is still alive the price must go up because miner will dump less

and i didn't say that it will be stuck at 20k, manipulation will always be there, no matter what, but the point is that if you look at bitcoin from a math point of view, it should increase because of its scarcity, that it is improving as we go along
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: