Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:02:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22695 times)
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:36:47 PM

This is wrong, although you got some solid retirement that will make you wealthy enough, you still need others investments too like insurance to make your life better. Doesnt mean that if you have all of money you will stop right there, because people never satisfied to what they have now and they will earn more and more just to having a great life
Not all people like that, its only for a person who never enjoy his life, spend most of his time to work and get money. Well it depends on you, you will enjoy your life when you have retired or you will never give up to beat Bill Gates wealth.

Exactly it is totally depended on an individual that what retirement life he is looking for??

If he has not planned anything for his retirement at the initial stage then he will keep on working even after he gets retired. So it is better to plan at the initial stage and I have also seen many people who works even after getting retired. But that is just for fun and extra income and again that is an individual decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:54:38 AM

This is wrong, although you got some solid retirement that will make you wealthy enough, you still need others investments too like insurance to make your life better. Doesnt mean that if you have all of money you will stop right there, because people never satisfied to what they have now and they will earn more and more just to having a great life
Not all people like that, its only for a person who never enjoy his life, spend most of his time to work and get money. Well it depends on you, you will enjoy your life when you have retired or you will never give up to beat Bill Gates wealth.

Exactly it is totally depended on an individual that what retirement life he is looking for??

If he has not planned anything for his retirement at the initial stage then he will keep on working even after he gets retired. So it is better to plan at the initial stage and I have also seen many people who works even after getting retired. But that is just for fun and extra income and again that is an individual decision.

Check out Bitnation

They offer decentralized, blockchain, transparent retirement plans.

Fuck the bankster version ones, they will be stolen one day.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 05:33:15 PM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
Nice idea.
I hope it will be of a great fortune.
How much do you transfer to this account on a regular basis?

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:25:17 PM

You can already get paid in BTC and have the account frozen until X time passes.
I think it's best to just learn how to control yourself and play a bit with the price when you feel like we are at an obvious bubble, so you can sell and buy back cheaper.
It's the only way to make it, just waiting will not cut it unless you already got tons of BTC.
misterycoins

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:25:05 PM

Locking funds till you reach the retirement age. That's risky and safe at the same time. Why would anyone want to to lock the funds , if he/ she cannot use it in the times of need. But yeah in a way , a future planning is happening.

But that's exactly what pretty much what everyone does as a retirement account or with their pension for example. People save because they need to as when they retire they wont have any money otherwise. Sure, keeping your money in bitcoin is risky but so is keeping it in a pension or in your bank in some cases. I think putting some money into bitcoin could pay dividends by the time you retire but nothing is guarnteed.

Nothing is guaranteed that is for sure But having bitcoin as a retirement account is an good idea as you can withdraw your bitcoins whenever you need. I think it is better then the pension plans or fixed deposits where you have locking period and you cannot withdraw unless it gets matured and if you withdraw when it is pre-mature then banks charges heavily on it.

Having bitcoin as a retirement is good if you hold much of bitcoin, with a low bitcoin I dont think this is a good idea. There is too many things that need to be implemented in bitcoin and all of this need mass adoption. Although you got bitcoin but there are no adoption, this will just stay the same and bitcoin will go nowhere

ya that's true. If you have it as an retirement account that totally depends on the number of bitcoins you hold. If you have good number of bitcoins then your retirement period would be wealthy and rich and you don't have to depend on any other investment products.
bitcoin as a Retirement Account  Would definitely  Certain risk is involved as we don't know what's the future of Bitcoin but still I am sure that bitcoin will going up.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:30:00 PM

Check out Bitnation

Why would you trust someone else over yourself if you are considering making a Retirement plan? Isn't it better to make one for yourself.
Now you have an option to avoid all interventions from a third party, so i don't see the point in spoiling it. Save by yourself, decide for yourself, that's how i see it.

cheers
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:54:03 PM

Check out Bitnation

Why would you trust someone else over yourself if you are considering making a Retirement plan? Isn't it better to make one for yourself.
Now you have an option to avoid all interventions from a third party, so i don't see the point in spoiling it. Save by yourself, decide for yourself, that's how i see it.

cheers

Probably because as humans, we are very funny in the nature. We can honor up an agreement much easier if we agree on to something with somebody else on the exterior.

But if we just say I will put 0.1 BTC monthly in my retirement cold wallet, I guess it will be just much harder to honor that than if we sign some kind of contract and we promise to do this toward the third party.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:15:06 PM

Locking funds till you reach the retirement age. That's risky and safe at the same time. Why would anyone want to to lock the funds , if he/ she cannot use it in the times of need. But yeah in a way , a future planning is happening.

But that's exactly what pretty much what everyone does as a retirement account or with their pension for example. People save because they need to as when they retire they wont have any money otherwise. Sure, keeping your money in bitcoin is risky but so is keeping it in a pension or in your bank in some cases. I think putting some money into bitcoin could pay dividends by the time you retire but nothing is guarnteed.

Nothing is guaranteed that is for sure But having bitcoin as a retirement account is an good idea as you can withdraw your bitcoins whenever you need. I think it is better then the pension plans or fixed deposits where you have locking period and you cannot withdraw unless it gets matured and if you withdraw when it is pre-mature then banks charges heavily on it.

Having bitcoin as a retirement is good if you hold much of bitcoin, with a low bitcoin I dont think this is a good idea. There is too many things that need to be implemented in bitcoin and all of this need mass adoption. Although you got bitcoin but there are no adoption, this will just stay the same and bitcoin will go nowhere

ya that's true. If you have it as an retirement account that totally depends on the number of bitcoins you hold. If you have good number of bitcoins then your retirement period would be wealthy and rich and you don't have to depend on any other investment products.
bitcoin as a Retirement Account  Would definitely  Certain risk is involved as we don't know what's the future of Bitcoin but still I am sure that bitcoin will going up.

Risk is involved in each and every investment you make, whether gold, stocks, or bitcoins but as bitcoin is highly volatile it can give us the best returns in the future, again nothing is sure but if we are lucky its volatility works in the positive way then it can make us rich.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:48:05 AM

Bitcoin as a Retirement Account. I think that's a good idea  and if Bitcoin is a long-term success in 10+ years it will be a better a retirement No fees, no age restrictions, etc
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 12:18:07 AM

Bitcoin as a Retirement Account. I think that's a good idea  and if Bitcoin is a long-term success in 10+ years it will be a better a retirement No fees, no age restrictions, etc

It is definitely a good idea to have a bitcoin as a retirement account, as we predict and we hope that the value of bitcoin will be much higher in coming 10 to 15 years and the most important thing is how much bitcoin you hold or you plan to have in your wallet at the age of retirement is also important.If the value reaches to the moon then even 10 BTC is good value to hold.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:02:49 AM

It is definitely a good idea to have a bitcoin as a retirement account, as we predict and we hope that the value of bitcoin will be much higher in coming 10 to 15 years and the most important thing is how much bitcoin you hold or you plan to have in your wallet at the age of retirement is also important.If the value reaches to the moon then even 10 BTC is good value to hold.

And if things don't work out for bitcoin and your dream of earning millions by doing nothing except buying a coin doesn't happen in real life, will you be able to live with peace and a clear conscience with your retirement full of crypto currency which won't be worth shit. Yeah man, good luck with that. I just gave a thought about it and I'm not sure I will rely on any cryptocurrency for retirement.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:57:37 PM

Bitcoin should be an additional retirement account.
If it clicks, you lead a luxurious life.
If it doesn't, then it shouldn't matter.

Demille

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:39:32 PM

Personally I think it would be a great idea to keep some money in bitcoin for retirement. By that age I think bitcoin could be worth many times what it is now. Keeping the other half in fiat would be advisable too but we all know money depreciated drastically especially when they keep printing more and more of it.
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:47:23 PM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

Good idea. But if during this period appear a very good option to invest that bitcoins what must to do? It is better to use your option or the normal one when the bitcoin can be stored in an normal wallet when can be managed by the interested person in the way he think must be the best? I am for the second. I am able to not spend my bitcoin in vain and to save them only for the safest investment. So why don't use my own normal wallet?
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:28:38 PM

Personally I think it would be a great idea to keep some money in bitcoin for retirement. By that age I think bitcoin could be worth many times what it is now. Keeping the other half in fiat would be advisable too but we all know money depreciated drastically especially when they keep printing more and more of it.

Yeah keeping some money in bitcoins is a great idea, as we never know what value its going to reach in the future, and rest of the money would be diversified and invest in gold, as gold can also be a good investment product in the future giving some good returns on the investment.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:17:54 PM

Yeah keeping some money in bitcoins is a great idea, as we never know what value its going to reach in the future, and rest of the money would be diversified and invest in gold, as gold can also be a good investment product in the future giving some good returns on the investment.
Nah.
Gold is currently stable and not volatile.
But Bitcoin is much volatile as currently it is not majorly accepted by the world.
So if we want good returns over investment, then we can look out for Bitcoins as after wide acceptance it's value will definitely increase as there will be just 21 million Bitcoins.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:04:20 PM

Nah.
But Bitcoin is much volatile as currently it is not majorly accepted by the world.
So if we want good returns over investment, then we can look out for Bitcoins as after wide acceptance it's value will definitely increase as there will be just 21 million Bitcoins.

Id side with gold as well over bitcoin.

I mean bitcoin is fun and exciting, but the not sexy stuff like gold keeps me sane and not turn insane like bitcoin and its volatility being everyday influenced with simple reddit threads or some other outside elements.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:58:40 PM

Nah.

Id side with gold as well over bitcoin.

I mean bitcoin is fun and exciting, but the not sexy stuff like gold keeps me sane and not turn insane like bitcoin and its volatility being everyday influenced with simple reddit threads or some other outside elements.

And the fact that gold held value for the last couple of centuries, that's sexy indeed. Right now, due to the commotion happening with the censorship and consensus, I'll bet hard on gold and silver and return to bitcoin once the dust is settled.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

If I really had to determine a qualified retirement account, id have more something that can make me a passive monthly base income.

At the same time a small portion though would be in bitcoin for future profits to grow my retirement passive income.

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:15:00 PM

It's the easiest and quickest earning job

You dont seem to know how bitcoin is earned do you...

It takes "time" to earn it for free as most people assume and its not easy as it sounds. Unless you are referring to gambling to make it a job and you win 90% of your games.

Bitcoin isnt a job.. and people who think like that are a bit confused.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: