Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22695 times)
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:28:30 AM

I disagree. Transactions may be banned or permanently disappeared. We will not be able to get back what has been lost. This is very risky. Let's say Bitcoin prices go down and retirees will get less money than

For me it not good for bitcoin as a retirement account. In fact you can see that the current market is very volatile and the value is changing as if every now and then. Do not take the risk because we need our retirement money the most.
Yeah you are right, the future of bitcoin is not guaranteed and if the price falls more people will lose their money and in retirement life there is chance to get bank your lost money. I suggest putting your money in some regular business or buying mutual funds, keeping in bank accounts or investing in saving certificates which is especially for retired people. By this way you can secure your future. While bitcoin investment involves big risks.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:19:57 AM

I disagree. Transactions may be banned or permanently disappeared. We will not be able to get back what has been lost. This is very risky. Let's say Bitcoin prices go down and retirees will get less money than

For me it not good for bitcoin as a retirement account. In fact you can see that the current market is very volatile and the value is changing as if every now and then. Do not take the risk because we need our retirement money the most.
Yeah you are right, the future of bitcoin is not guaranteed and if the price falls more people will lose their money and in retirement life there is chance to get bank your lost money. I suggest putting your money in some regular business or buying mutual funds, keeping in bank accounts or investing in saving certificates which is especially for retired people. By this way you can secure your future. While bitcoin investment involves big risks.

You have a point, if you're looking for a retirement plan why not look for a stable company wherein you can assure thay it is really for long term. Bitcoin is great but it's not good for long term since the price is not stable it changes every now and then.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:24:49 AM

It is most of us dream that we will be able to make as much profit that we wont have to work again in all of our lifes. We can travel, enjoy the life, make whatever we want till we die with our family and our friends.

turn the page
ulakudrakova

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 07:46:19 AM

The idea is good, but for its implementation, you need to spend a lot of development. I think it is worth creating a separate ICO company on this topic, in which all conditions will be clearly stated, how the head will translate his subordinates deductions.  And they, in turn, will spend these charges in a few years.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:25:43 PM

I won't allow that kind of pension, still has a third party to it, that is the boss. I will rather save my Bitcoin myself, either change it or leave it that way. If the prices fall by then fine I will know it's mine, but if someone else said kept it for me and I cant get anything at the end, then its going to be something else.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
maksimukr1989

Activity: 513
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 10:37:30 AM

Interesting idea.But what to do if the course is not stable.If a pensioner in September could buy 3 loaves of bread and 1 sausage,and in November he will be able to buy only 1 loaf of bread.How to be here?
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:01:24 PM

In an ideal situation, this wouldn't be a bad option to help pensioners, but the problem is that will we get a company to do that? Let's hope blockchain and its interventions reaches there. It'd be very awesome.
In my opinion it is only good in one situation when the retiree has lot of money and he has no tension of losing his money due to fall in bitcoin price. Otherwise I think bitcoin is for regular working people who can give time to it and can make profits from bitcoin trading. For retired people I don’t suggest bitcoin as retirement account because of no regular income.
pellor mas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:50:46 PM

I think there some disadvantages in having a retirement account with bitcoin because we dont know what will happen to bitcoin in the future will it lasts forever or stay but its good also having a retirement account it will make bitcoin more active.
Rambogae

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

Are you not afraid of the risk of BTC will collapse? I do not dare to hold the BTC for a few dozen years, I can only hold them for a few months or a year, then convert to cash and use. The Crypto market can not predict what they will be and how they will be in the future.

I think When the first wave of mature pension plans, it is a low percentage of the entire RC market, it may not affect the price significantly. There will also be a constant flow of capital from the children, the ins and outs can balance.
IF everyone uses this RC for pension funds, gift blocks remain in demand, rather than RC market capital will be huge and the price can be relatively stable.
SirEGB

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:57:06 PM

If bitcoin prices continue to rise of course we can retire, but if the price is like this now make bitcoin as the main hope is a risky thing, continued business or work is something we have to do so if bitcoin fail then we can still survive.
Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:08:51 PM

I would be disappointed if Bitcoin just managed to hold its purchasing power or increases marginally in the long term. I would put aside a small amount of money, be willing to take a hit if it disappears. I would be disappointed if Bitcoin just managed to hold its purchasing power or increases marginally in the long term. I would put aside a small amount of money, be willing to take a hit if it disappears, but also expect a substantial return if it takes off.
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:09:59 PM

I have never thought like this but I find your thoughts worthy. I think that there is logic in your way of thinking. Who knows maybe it is going to be like you said. I m not great expert but as for me BTC has always been a good option to invest
I believe that is right we cannot judge the value of bitcoin in coming future but it has a good future so investing in bitcoin would be a wise decision I believe. And if the prices climb up then it can prove as a best retirement account and obviously earning high returns. I like the concept, but the only thing is, Bitcoin could possibly be the worst long term investment, or the best possibly long term investment
gudrun

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 04:11:00 PM

It is good to prepare the future retirement because almost every benefits you will receive when you retired. How much more if you make bitcoin as your preparation for the retirement. It is very good. Even there are risk I think banks who holds these kind of business can provide some necessary tips about investing to bitcoin for retirements purposes. There should have a business like this for we are at the road to cryptocurrency era in our society.
They dont even care about what we are doing and how we earn bitcoin, if they involved in this I dont think you will really get your retirement payment, may be you need to pay every single thing that they mention so you will get all of you bitcoin and that is wasting your time. But that's exactly what pretty much what everyone does as a retirement account or with their pension for example
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:28:38 PM

I think there some disadvantages in having a retirement account with bitcoin because we dont know what will happen to bitcoin in the future will it lasts forever or stay but its good also having a retirement account it will make bitcoin more active.
WELL I think if we hold a good amount of bitcoin in our wallet then this will surely be the best option to have a retirements account, because any that you have to surely get fade someday and you will have to get retired from but I think bitcoin will raise more and more in future and holding good amount of bitcoin will make your retirement life safe and secure,. So having bitcoin is best option, as it is the most promising investment.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:15:45 PM

It is most of us dream that we will be able to make as much profit that we wont have to work again in all of our lifes. We can travel, enjoy the life, make whatever we want till we die with our family and our friends.
It is also possible that those who handle bulk bitcoins are also thinking of this. Those with superhuman possessions will have their own plans. Their lives have been changed, if the property is in the hands of ordinary people, they will probably choose to enjoy. And the rich and successful they will give the values for humanity.
johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:45:00 PM

The idea is a really good thing to have here but it may not implement for some sort reason just like bitcoin's value are not really stable in that reason it is hard to that idea to make it happened. And maybe this coming years it won't happened because of what I said some reasons will not take it granted and I believe if they organize very well the value of bitcoin they may reached the point of making that idea.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
Michael_Cox

Activity: 67
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:14:54 AM

I think that this is the idea that some people have, especially the ones that are already wealthy. I think its a good idea to hold on to your investment for as long as possible and then cash out. It is also something that you can leave to your kids and grand kids. I guess this strategy also gives you peace of mind because you aren't checking the value of the coin  everyday, but because you are in it for the long haul you just patiently wait. I think that this is what most people should be doing.
lolipopop2112

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:39:52 AM

In some countries illegal Bitcoin and those who are not rich enough to use BTC. How does Bitcoin make retirement accounts?
ordeath

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:29:41 AM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
It can be a good idea unless you will have $0 in your account till your retirement time because of volatility and instability of this market. And when all the prices will go down, right to the bottom.
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:10:17 PM

Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: