Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 BTC to someone who comes up with a slogan I like  (Read 6419 times)
TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:28:08 PM

I can only recommend reading TT's reaction over here and then think over, if he/she will ever find any slogan acceptable....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83921.0

"TizzyTazzy - We close every thread."

Ok. That's enough trolling for my part.

If you honestly thought someone was going to post up a slogan I'd like in a matter of days then that is your problem.

Harassing/stalking me on other threads isn't going to get you anywhere.

For those who actually contributed to my threads and this forum community, I'd like to personally thank you. It is very much becoming an embarrassment to support a community that is filled with these types of people who seem to have one goal in mind, which is to bring down, attack, insult, and harass others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 12:32:34 PM

I can only recommend reading TT's reaction over here and then think over, if he/she will ever find any slogan acceptable....

If you honestly thought someone was going to post up a slogan I'd like in a matter of days then that is your problem.

For those who actually contributed to my threads and this forum community, I'd like to personally thank you. It is very much becoming an embarrassment to support a community that is filled with these types of people who seem to have one goal in mind, which is to bring down, attack, insult, and harass others.

Quit being so sensible pal (or gal?) and start handling the issue properly Smiley

you didn't answer my question:

Can I ask you a question, from where/what does "TizzyTazzy" come from ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:38:13 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2012, 12:49:46 PM by TizzyTazzy

Quit being so sensible pal (or gal?) and start handling the issue properly Smiley

you didn't answer my question:

Can I ask you a question, from where/what does "TizzyTazzy" come from ?

The issue is indeed being taken care of properly. I see it every other post and every other person, people seem to have no reason for the actions they choose on this forum and it is sickening to constantly read messages from trolls.

Maybe it is because I'm use to forums that are well moderated and respected. Negative feedback is great, but personally attacking stalking and insulting people for nothing makes me sick.

Sorry for not answering your question yet, I was distracted from the above users issues, just a discouragement from coming here.

Anyway, TizzyTazzy is just a name I thought up with that wouldn't be so generic to the common web hosting business names, most hosts use something like "namehereHOST" or "HOSTnamehere".

I also wanted to have a friendly crazy/looney mascot that would represent TizzyTazzy, just some visions I had and liked.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 01:17:36 PM

Sorry for not answering your question yet, I was distracted from the above users issues, just a discouragement from coming here.

Anyway, TizzyTazzy is just a name I thought up with that wouldn't be so generic to the common web hosting business names, most hosts use something like "namehereHOST" or "HOSTnamehere".

I also wanted to have a friendly crazy/looney mascot that would represent TizzyTazzy, just some visions I had and liked.

Nice  Cheesy

Let's work together, trolls included, and make you a new and shiny slogan  Smiley

I was thinking a few hours ago at the name you chose for your service and an instant question came in... are your sure you did chose the right name for it ? Is sounds real funny, like a mascot name or anything else, but not like a serious hosting service, just my opinion i'm not bashing you or your business. I would have liked "Tizz Cloud"  or "Tizz Hosting" for example and the mascot's name be "Tizzy Tazzy". Looking for a nice and original slogan would be more easy if the "base" inspires something serious and stable. What do you think ?

"Tizz Hosting, come with us in/on the cloud".

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:26:07 PM

Nice  Cheesy

Let's work together, trolls included, and make you a new and shiny slogan  Smiley

I was thinking a few hours ago at the name you chose for your service and an instant question came in... are your sure you did chose the right name for it ? Is sounds real funny, like a mascot name or anything else, but not like a serious hosting service, just my opinion i'm not bashing you or your business. I would have liked "Tizz Cloud"  or "Tizz Hosting" for example and the mascot's name be "Tizzy Tazzy". Looking for a nice and original slogan would be more easy if the "base" inspires something serious and stable. What do you think ?

Google sounds serious.
Yahoo sounds serious.
Bing sounds serious.
GoDaddy sounds serious.

I could go on but you get the idea.

TizzyTazzy has been a name people either love or hate, either way, the name will remain. If you can't understand the concept of the name, then you probably won't be able to come up with a slogan for it.

A serious business doesn't need what society might label as a serious name.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 01:35:30 PM

Nice  Cheesy

Google sounds serious.
Yahoo sounds serious.
Bing sounds serious.
GoDaddy sounds serious.

TizzyTazzy has been a name people either love or hate, either way, the name will remain. If you can't understand the concept of the name, then you probably won't be able to come up with a slogan for it.

Fine, point taken. Let's keep that in mind. You got two words in there and "tazzy" is the one making me nervous, dunno why, will have ask a psychologist on it.

So how about this:

"Tizzy Hosting,
come with us in/on the cloud"

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:39:03 PM

Fine, point taken. Let's keep that in mind. You got two words in there and "tazzy" is the one making me nervous, dunno why, will have ask a psychologist on it.

So how about this:

"Tizzy Hosting,

This is all very offtopic, but I feel the same way about the name, IMO a name change is required. I personally wouldn't host my site at a hosting company that gave off the impression of being non-serious, I'd prefer a company who's branding gave me confidence in their service (Rackspace, Softlayer for example)

This guy said the same thing:

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/comments/TizzyTazzy-33403.html

The company name wasn't one to put me at ease
In summary, I'd recommend TizzyTazzy for the great support, service and price. Do not let the name keep you away. These guys are good!

TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:40:15 PM

Nice  Cheesy

Google sounds serious.
Yahoo sounds serious.
Bing sounds serious.
GoDaddy sounds serious.

So how about this:

"Tizzy Hosting,

Your too focused on trying to be professional/serious.

-Slogan shouldn't include any part of the name.
-Shouldn't include any word such as host or technical mumbo jumbo.

The target audience is everyone in general, so the part about the cloud (as well as host) might not be understood by many, plus that is a very generic slogan, I remember seeing lots of similar slogans when cloud specific hosting started booming.

You really have to understand where I'm coming from with the name.

At this point, I may drop having a slogan all together as some have suggested I do.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:45:09 PM

So how about this:

"Tizzy Hosting,

This is all very offtopic, but I feel the same way about the name, and so does this guy who left a review

http://www.webhostingstuff.com/comments/TizzyTazzy-33403.html

The company name wasn't one to put me at ease
In summary, I'd recommend TizzyTazzy for the great support, service and price. Do not let the name keep you away. These guys are good!

Ever heard of a business that under promises what they offer or seems like they might not be that great?

This is also part of why I chose the name, many businesses over promise and try so hard to look what society deems professional, that when you go to use the service you find out it is garbage.

I absolutely love the fact that this guy came in with low expectations only to be very much surprised.

Overall, business is great for the little amount of advertising that has been done so far, and like I said the name has been a "you hate it" or "love it" situation. The name gives something people to talk about, and I love that.

Maybe it is because I'm left handled that the way I think is unusual or different.  Tongue I'm fine by that.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:51:15 PM

On a side note I just got a PM from someone who can't post yet, the first slogan I actually would consider using. I think this guy has the right idea.

TiZZy TaZZy
Solutions you'll R.I.O.T for.
Reaching in and out together since--

Solutions you'll RIOT for

Thank you I will add this to the list of possible choices.  Cheesy

The word solutions isn't something that appeals much to me, so it may be modified a bit if I do go with this.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 01:57:37 PM

You got that right because is right, and you ?

The target audience is everyone in general, so the part about the cloud (as well as host) might not be understood by many, plus that is a very generic slogan, I remember seeing lots of similar slogans when cloud specific hosting started booming.

My proposal can be used with or without the company name. It doesn't include any tech "mumbo-jumbo", "cloud" is as generic as it gets, i don't get what you meant by that. IT professionals know what a "cloud" is on internet, normal users that want to host a server think is a "high level-quality" hosting.

I'm looking forward to it as per my previous question.

At this point, I may drop having a slogan all together as some have suggested I do.

So you're not determined about having a slogan that everyone likes after all. You're demotivating me with those statements  Undecided

Blazr

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:59:26 PM

Ever heard of a business that under promises what they offer or seems like they might not be that great?

This is also part of why I chose the name, many businesses over promise and try so hard to look what society deems professional, that when you go to use the service you find out it is garbage.

I absolutely love the fact that this guy came in with low expectations only to be very much surprised.

Overall, business is great for the little amount of advertising that has been done so far, and like I said the name has been a "you hate it" or "love it" situation. The name gives something people to talk about, and I love that.

Maybe it is because I'm left handled that the way I think is unusual or different.  Tongue I'm fine by that.

So you're saying the name prepares people to expect poor service? English isn't my first language, but I've reread that post many times and that sounds like the gist of it.

When I hear Tizzy Tazzy hosting, it reminds me of "silly little girl hosting inc". Thats the impression it gives me, doesn't make it seem like a very reliable service. Thats just my opinion though & I assume other people think differently, but paraipan seems to think the same, and so does that reviewer.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:03:43 PM

My proposal can be used with or without the company name. It doesn't include any tech "mumbo-jumbo", "cloud" is as generic as it gets, i don't get what you meant by that. IT professionals know what a "cloud" is on internet, normal users that want to host a server think is a "high level-quality" hosting.

So you're not determined about having a slogan that everyone likes after all. You're demotivating me with those statements  Undecided

Cloud is technical since anyone to understand this term would have to know what meaning it would have in the first place in the web hosting/tech world.

Like I said, I'm trying to target everyone, from grandmas to 10 year old coders/hackers.

I'm sorry I'm demotivating you, I try to be honest and true when I give my opinions.  Smiley

Blazr

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:08:40 PM

Cloud is technical since anyone to understand this term would have to know what meaning it would have in the first place in the web hosting/tech world.

Like I said, I'm trying to target everyone, from grandmas to 10 year old coders/hackers.

I'd say that most people would understand what cloud means, thanks to Apple's iCloud service and Microsoft's TV marketing campaigns ("to the cloud").

Most people I know anyways understand the term.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:10:12 PM

So you're saying the name prepares people to expect poor service? English isn't my first language, but I've reread that post many times and that sounds like the gist of it.

When I hear Tizzy Tazzy hosting, it reminds me of "silly little girl hosting inc". Thats the impression it gives me, doesn't make it seem like a very reliable service. Thats just my opinion though & I assume other people think differently, but paraipan seems to think the same, and so does that reviewer.

Not to expect poor service, but not to expect the best either. You have to understand some marketing to get where I'm coming from. One type of good and honest marketing is to never over promise or fluff everything up, but to under promise what you offer leaving people that do use the service inclined to leave positive feedback.

Of  course the more popular business practice is to appear professional, over promise this and that, etc. I personally don't choose a host by its name and I pretty much foresaw these types of comments, it was to be expected.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:11:27 PM

I'd say that most people would understand what cloud means, thanks to Apple's iCloud service and Microsoft's TV marketing campaigns ("to the cloud").

Most people I know anyways understand the term.

Right, most people you know. As it be, most people I know personally aren't very technical and have Apple products, if I asked them to explain what Cloud meant to them they would all say something very different.

And that reference to cloud has very different meanings in different areas of both the real world and technical world.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 02:12:06 PM

So you're not determined about having a slogan that everyone likes after all. You're demotivating me with those statements  Undecided

I'm sorry I'm demotivating you, I try to be honest and true when I give my opinions.  Smiley

Ok so you're avoiding the name origin question, i understand.

You seem to have an issue at knowing what your market is, if you ask me, because grandmas don't host internet websites but they try to make an effort to use them.

How are the "clouds" on the sky technical ? By using "cloud" you send them the message that sky is the limit. Just ponder a few moments on the technicality of the word "cloud". A cloud is a cloud and you see it on the big blue skies.

Your honesty is much appreciated. How old are you if I may ? I'm still 28 until July 13  Cheesy

And that reference to cloud has very different meanings in different areas of both the real world and technical world.

You said general audience. Everyone understands whatever he likes when seeing the "cloud" reference, exactly your goal in the OP.

Blazr

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:13:47 PM

Right, most people you know.

I would also say that less people know what web hosting is than know what cloud is, and much less would be interested in buying hosting.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:17:34 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2012, 10:04:39 PM by Otoh

When I heard tizzy tazzy, first word reminded me of someone getting in a tizzy (kind of appropriate when I read the thread)

(UK) A state of panic or confusion
Don't get yourself in a tizzy, now, dear.

A state of nervous excitement or confusion; a dither.
A highly excited and distracted state of mind.

But at first I mistook it for tissy

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Tissy
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tissy%20fit

& the second word sounds like a pet name or some Aussie slang for a Tasmanian devil

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
TizzyTazzy (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 02:17:59 PM

So you're not determined about having a slogan that everyone likes after all. You're demotivating me with those statements  Undecided

I'm sorry I'm demotivating you, I try to be honest and true when I give my opinions.  Smiley

Ok so you're avoiding the name origin question, i understand.

You seem to have an issue at knowing what your market is, if you ask me, because grandmas don't host internet websites but they try to make an effort to use them.

How are the "clouds" on the sky technical ? By using "cloud" you send them the message that sky is the limit. Just ponder a few moments on the technicality of the word "cloud".

Your honesty is much appreciated. How old are you if I may ? I'm still 28 until July 13  Cheesy

What origin question? I have no reason to try to avoid anything, but I am doing literally about 20+ things at one time on my computer, so I may miss something here and there.

The "issue" about knowing what my market is would be a matter of opinion and who I choose to target. As it so happens I do host websites for older people who don't have much technical experience and it also so happens that my grandmother who does sponsorship for college students came to me the other day asking about how and where to get a website.

I'm 22* and have been working with web hosting related businesses since I was 14.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: