Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:46:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **PUBLIC ALERT** Change with process of "mining" BTC or it WILL fail.  (Read 6506 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:53:14 AM

I say we start trusting those who have a reputation of doing what they say. I am willing to trust you a lot more than KNC, but trust is liquid and changes with circumstance. That is why we need a decentralized reputation keeper. I will run a node at a cost to me. Will you?

The thing about trust is that you can build it until you've reached your goal. See pirateat40. He did what he said until he didn't. History is littered with examples. I just chose one that might hit closer to home for some here.

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion 
You can have a decentralized trust system like Silk Road, but only desperate drug addicts would trust it.

Bullshit. People trust people who are trustworthy. I trust sellers on the SR they do what they say. I dont trust asic chip set manufacturers, All currency is a debt. 
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:53:41 AM

I say we start trusting those who have a reputation of doing what they say. I am willing to trust you a lot more than KNC, but trust is liquid and changes with circumstance. That is why we need a decentralized reputation keeper. I will run a node at a cost to me. Will you?

The thing about trust is that you can build it until you've reached your goal. See pirateat40. He did what he said until he didn't. History is littered with examples. I just chose one that might hit closer to home for some here.

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion  

Government issued mining hardware, everyone must own one and get it replaced every year or as needed?

Tax is the power it uses.

sHitler gave the Austrians radios.

oBomBa gave the Yanks cell phones.

Do you see where this is going ?

That wouldn't be the same, it is more like requiring everyone to obtain an ID card, everyone needs to obtain free mining hardware (replaced and updated as needed) they simply plug into a wall to help support stability and trust in the system.

Gold isn't the answer.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:54:53 AM

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion 
You can have a decentralized trust system like Silk Road, but only desperate drug addicts would trust it.

Bullshit. People trust people who are trustworthy. I trust sellers on the SR they do what they say. I dont trust asic chip set manufacturers, All currency is a debt. 
Maybe you do, but how does that invalidate my point that only desperate drug addicts would trust it?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:54:58 AM

I don't trust the miners. They have to solve the next block according to the protocol. If they don't, it's not accepted.

Why would I? I have no idea of their goals, motivation, or transaction history. I dont even know who they are.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:56:55 AM

Maybe you do, but how does that invalidate my point that only desperate drug addicts would trust it?

Well I am not a desperate drug addict for one. That is the point of a reputation keeper it keeps everyone honest. 
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:57:36 AM

I don't trust the miners. They have to solve the next block according to the protocol. If they don't, it's not accepted.

Why would I? I have no idea of their goals, motivation, or transaction history. I dont even know who they are.

Why would you what?

Trust miners
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:01:32 AM

The thing about trust is that trade requires it. There is no such thing as trust less transactions. It is all a matter of who to trust.  Right now bitcoiners trust who ever has the best mining hardware.. That system sucks dick. I am saying why not trust the individuals with the greatest trustworthiness instead, but that is against holliday's religion  

Why would you what?

Trust miners

You are asking the wrong person, I just told you that I don't trust them. If I don't trust them, I'm not sure how I can tell you how (or why) to trust them.
Miners put their money where their mouth is.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:01:57 AM

Blah blah blah are you done yet? We get it, heard you, want a trophy?

So this is the extent of your knowledge? You can precisely predict what will cause Bitcoin's final demise but you can't provide us with an alternative?

Maybe you can learn something from the other people posting and stop the raging.

I'm just pointing out your failures as a doomsday soothsayer.

As I stated, this isn't doomsday so calm down and learn how to interact with someone.

Gold isn't the answer.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:03:46 AM

Why would you what?

Trust miners

You are asking the wrong person, I just told you that I don't trust them. If I don't trust them, I'm not sure how I can tell you how (or why) to trust them.

I see you dont trust the miners, but trust the protocol? is that right, to bad the miners control the protocol. They will change in to deny holliday's transactions. He is a piss ant cheerleader.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:04:43 AM

So this is the extent of your knowledge? You can precisely predict what will cause Bitcoin's final demise but you can't provide us with an alternative?

Maybe you can learn something from the other people posting and stop the raging.

As I stated, this isn't doomsday so calm down and learn how to interact with someone.

You cant rationalize with a zealot. 
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:09:13 AM

Haha.  Cheesy

Gold isn't the answer.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:09:39 AM

I haven't seen any attempt at rationalization. I haven't seen much of anything in this thread other than name calling and hand waving.

Yeah, from you. Are you done yet?

Gold isn't the answer.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:10:52 AM

That is the point of a reputation keeper it keeps everyone honest. 
That's what Bitcoin is. It's a public ledger that keeps people honest as long as you don't just blindly give them your money and you keep your keys offline and secure.

Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:12:53 AM

I haven't seen any attempt at rationalization. I haven't seen much of anything in this thread other than name calling and hand waving.

No. You haven't offered any real evidence that mining will lead to the end of Bitcoin, nor have you offered me any decent alternatives.

Sorry master, I didn't know I was slave to you.  Roll Eyes

Gold isn't the answer.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:16:33 AM

No. You haven't offered any real evidence that mining will lead to the end of Bitcoin, nor have you offered me any decent alternatives.

Sorry master, I didn't know I was slave to you.  Roll Eyes

It's your thread dude. If you just want to make statements without offering any kind of explanation, proof, or evidence, so be it.

"The miners! They are bad because they will try to mine and try to form companies to mine. That's bad!"

As I stated, learn to read, and please do learn how to interact with an individual, instead of acting like a complete cult hugging nut.

Gold isn't the answer.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:18:31 AM

*plonk*

Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:18:57 AM

As I stated, learn to read, and please do learn how to interact with an individual, instead of acting like a complete cult hugging nut.

I'm trying my hardest man. You just keep on insulting me and offer nothing of substance. I really don't know why I'm even talking to you at this point.

Apparently one of us is insane.

I concede, it's me!

Just stating facts.

Time to relax now bro.

Gold isn't the answer.
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:20:04 AM

..and it continues..  Roll Eyes

Gold isn't the answer.
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:21:09 AM

You do have a point as pools only get bigger and bigger.  Lips sealed

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
Interized (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:21:58 AM

You do have a point as pools only get bigger and bigger.  Lips sealed

Yeah and the concept of pooling, red flag from the start haha.

Gold isn't the answer.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: