Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:00:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ICO's are killing Bitcoin.  (Read 6319 times)
Agilth@mail.ru

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:56:58 AM

I need to say that bitcoin is quite tough one to die, if everybody tries to kill him. I personally think that the difference btw general sum of investments  Bitcoin gets from ICO and amount of money it gets from investments of big corporation is just incomparable. Let's say ICO is a cup while investments of big companies who store their money in bitcoin and conduct operations via it is a swimming pool. Hardly cup can influence on the ocean where swimming pool and cup take places.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:37:01 AM

So first it was the mining pools killing bitcoin, then it was altcoins killing bitcoin, then it was the bitcoin foundation killing bitcoin, then it was regulation from governments killing bitcoin, then it was exchanges killing bitcoin, now its ICO's killing bitcoin....What's next, your dog ate my bitcoin private keys so he's killing bitcoin too?

Try focusing your thoughts better, Big Corporations that accept bitcoin, sell it for fiat immediately, such as Newegg, Overstock(they still keep a few % of their bitcoin sales in bitcoin however), Dell, etc etc. They are what causes the Bitcoin price to become stagnant(good thing), or decrease from the sell pressure(bad thing), not ico's.

Those who have half cooked knowledge about crypto give these kind of excuses. They will also repeat the same thing again and again and it will seldom have any sense to it.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:50:03 AM

LOL.. this post was made in 2014, almost one year before the Ethereum ICO went live (the pre-sale happened in 2014 though). I will never blame the ICOs. Because they played their part in popularizing the crypto, at least during the initial days.

Exactly, so there's pros/cons on this ICO projects. Funny thing is, last year there's was so many scam ICO as well but people never blame them because bitcoin is really doing good and even reach ath. But know, ICO is like a curse to Bitcoin, Lmao.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 10:23:41 AM

This year is not the year of ICOs. This is where ICOs totally affected either by scammers, the down market, or both. Most ICOs were not able to reach the soft cap leading to halt of the ICOs. But, I don't think that this scenario is affecting bitcoin. It is a bit independent of ICOs of not performing well.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:13:57 AM

ICOs are definitely making BTC's path hard but not killing, BTC is one of a kind.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

Somehow I don't agree with this. Maybe it should have been said as there has been increase in scam project of recent which is why they are making away with raised funds and somehow no one can check or question them. This is really one of the biggest problems of crypto space. because anyone can wakeup and run and ICO . there should be a solution .
Jigsawman082076

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:43:54 PM

If you are asking me if Crypto currencies ICO's are killing bitcoin then in my own opinion I can tell you that the other crypto currencies out there doesn't have any chances in killing bitcoin because bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies, whatever the condition of bitcoins market value then all the other crypto currencies also depends on bitcoins market value, so if bitcoins goes down then the rest of crypto currencies will also go down.
samsul1234

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 07:19:25 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

yes we agree with you, I see a lot of ico that are scams and involve big losses to bitcoin, that's what I know for now

BlockchainCapsule

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:11:18 AM

This year is not the year of ICOs. This is where ICOs totally affected either by scammers, the down market, or both. Most ICOs were not able to reach the soft cap leading to halt of the ICOs. But, I don't think that this scenario is affecting bitcoin. It is a bit independent of ICOs of not performing well.

Do you think next year will be the year of ICO? I think the trust in them has already been lost by 99% Undecided
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:15:47 AM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

I don't think ICOs are killing bitcoins. It actually strengthens bitcoins in a certain level since ICOs that create alt coins create competition against bitcoins. It pumps up bitcoin price unless there comes a true bitcoin killer. But as of now, there has been no no sight of it.

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:49:53 AM

I disagree with the fact that ICO's is killing Bitcoin. Rather, a large amount of ICO's adversely affects the price of Ethereum. But a large number of scammers, really negatively affect the reputation of Bitcoin.

yes you are right ico will never need bitcoin, your knowledge is wide enough to rank newbie.
but there are lots of ico that really fail and useless come every month and will generate shitcoin.

bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:55:44 AM

maybe it's not the bad ICO but the post ICO process, management and actions end up being less smooth or arguably failed. there is no ICO that is said to be successful, and it makes people think negatively and views that the ICO is a useless thing and even a scam, but I'm sure it won't kill crypto or bitcoin, that thought is too far
marcelinamilk

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:07:06 AM

yes it does look that way. ICO currently makes all investors prefer to invest on ICO rather than bitcoin. so the spread of investor capital also makes the bitcoin volume weaken. but it does not completely kill bitcoin, because until now bitcoin activity if bitcoin rise high, even some ICO also can be paused or delay.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

we already have so many case to study from 2017 to 2018 crypto hype. think is developers only think of making money out of ICO, they dont care about the future of the crypto at large..
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:58:42 PM

Well, they can't "kill" bitcoin at all. There is no need to compare shitty scamcoins with Bitcoin.
Nowadays the altcoin market is filled with a bunch of newbies, scammers, and gamblers.
It's more like the ICO's are killing Ethereum nowadays. People normally buy Ethereum when investing in ICO and once the ICO is over they cash out their money with small profits or even end up losing a large chunk of their initial investment. Once people invested in 1-2 ICOs and lose their money they stay away from both Ethereum and ICOs if not all the cryptocurrencies. They would finally realized the bitcoin is the only real and true crypto to invest in, that is less risky than the rest.  
Kevinatin

Activity: 612
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:07:25 PM

Well, they can't "kill" bitcoin at all. There is no need to compare shitty scamcoins with Bitcoin.
Nowadays the altcoin market is filled with a bunch of newbies, scammers, and gamblers.
It's more like the ICO's are killing Ethereum nowadays. People normally buy Ethereum when investing in ICO and once the ICO is over they cash out their money with small profits or even end up losing a large chunk of their initial investment. Once people invested in 1-2 ICOs and lose their money they stay away from buying both Ethereum and investing in ICOs if not all the cryptocurrencies. They finally realize the bitcoin is the only real and true crypto to invest in, that is less risky than the rest. 
You are right, but only on half. Also, all these ico blur the entire capitalization of cryptocurrency and take an important part of the whole market. Also a number of projects seen in cheating, make a bad reputation for cryptocurrency and bitcoin in particular.
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:21:16 PM

I don't believe cryptocurrency ICO are killing Bitcoin, every genuine altcoin has challenges to provide solutions to despite that there are lot of Cryptocurrency that are scam it only affect those who spend their Bitcoin in purchasing this shit coins. Bitcoin will still pump very soon , no need shit blame of the bear market to ICO .there is always rooms for bear likewise  bull that we are yet to experience this year.

TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:22:51 PM

ICO didn't kill Bitcoin, but ICO is now synonymous with scams.
In the past year, due to the popularity of ICO in the world, Bitcoin has received unprecedented attention and prices have soared. However, due to its instability (lack of effective supervision), ICO fell from the moon in less than a year. Although bitcoin declined, it still remained above $6,000 high price, so ICO actually has a big positive impact on Bitcoin.
I don't think ICO is good, but at least for Bitcoin, ICO does not have a negative impact on Bitcoin.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
BlockchainCapsule

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:42:11 PM

we already have so many case to study from 2017 to 2018 crypto hype. think is developers only think of making money out of ICO, they dont care about the future of the crypto at large..

and making money by inferring somewhat excellent projects, but doing it simply in order to throw people for money is just some nonsense Undecided Undecided
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:31:43 PM

I agree if that can kill bitcoin, ico is cheap and can make a bigger profit. and investment in ico can also be more profitable than investing in bitcoin. that's why bitcoin will die, because more investors are investing in ico than investing in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: