Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ICO's are killing Bitcoin.  (Read 6319 times)
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:10:51 PM

Well they are certainly taking a great amount of BTC and ETH, but not so sure they are killing Bitcoin.
Some of the older ICO projects will have actual uses, not all but some like XLM and BAT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:25:39 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Bitcoin and CryptoMarkets.

Ico will not be as popular as bitcoin, bitcoin is the foundation of crypto and will remain the main one. Ico will not be able to kill bitcoin because ico does not have enough power to do it.

Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:32:02 PM

Your submission is relative, not all ICO are killing Bitcoin as there are several viable project out to cause a positive revolution in the space, with core problem solving techniques, the space is still evolving, Bitcoin is the king of all digital currency in a world of its own, several other factors are killing Bitcoin, such as bad news and  government policy against Bitcoin are major factor killing BTC.
cryptoyosh

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

you can investigate ICO and crypto research with www.crypto-compass.io that is displaying ICO projects at presale stage with good entries. They don’t pool but agree on exclusivity directly with the ICO team. So no additional risk from the investor side.

their new ANN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3178063.new#new

my dear we can't really stop them all they are concern is money and profit so it very tasking and difficult to stop them
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:50:34 PM

yes it does look that way. ICO currently makes all investors prefer to invest on ICO rather than bitcoin. so the spread of investor capital also makes the bitcoin volume weaken. but it does not completely kill bitcoin, because until now bitcoin activity if bitcoin rise high, even some ICO also can be paused or delay.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:06:16 PM

I don't think ICOs can directly kill Bitcoin. However, since many ICOs have turned out to be scams or bad investments in projects which ultimately couldn't deliver, the reputation of the entire cryptocurrency industry gets tainted and many people who might have otherwise gotten involved choose not to because of that reputation. Jaded investors who have been fleeced in ICOs may also leave the space entirely. I don't know if anyone has ever quantified that, but I imagine those losses are not insignificant.

It's very likely, however, that Bitcoin will eventually be replaced by one or more altcoins that deliver some features that users and potential users want and need but which Bitcoin Core will not deliver (for whatever reason--think back to the big block size debate of last year where ultimately nothing was done). Here are just some features Bitcoin lacks that are necessary for mainstream adoption: ability to put lots of transactions into a single block, fast confirm time (ten minutes per block is too long for most people), seamless integration with traditional financial structure, less waste of electricity just to maintain the network, debit cards that actually work like debit cards, ability to participate in a fully legally compliant way, and the list goes on and on. There are a number of altcoins working on various aspects of this and at least one altcoin that is addressing all of this. It's not a matter of if Bitcoin will be replaced as the digital currency of choice for the majority, but when.
HaddenChapman

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:19:06 PM

I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ICO's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

No. I don’t think the ICOs are killing the bitcoin. They are working together. The investors also know what to do with their investments. PRG for instance is a great coin and the investors know how to invest in it. They cannot be dumbfounded very easily.
david tien

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:26:30 PM

Most ICOs are pump and dumps.... BUT - there are some very good ICOs which are out there which will be major long term players!
HalseyBert

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:59:40 PM

The ICOs are not killing the Crypto market. They are giving more value to it. They are working efficiently and instead of destroying Crypto’s position they are pushing it towards more growth. TAU for example is coming up with its new exchange project which shall give more value to Bitcoin.
Gayidnvf

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:09:08 PM

interesting idea. All the capital is now in ico, and not in bitcoin, it's like one of the options that bitcoin does not grow. but not the main
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:22:03 PM

I think ICOs are killing the whole crypto markets and not just Bitcoin. The amount of scams being ran in the ICO market is crazy and so many new users are getting scammed and being turned off from the crypto markets due to it. Not to mention the amount of money these ICOs are raising and than running away with it.
Saarartnoy

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:45:48 PM

Hi!

I know about one of fast-growing ICO in the ART field http://www.artnoy.com/ but someone trying to beat this ICO. Grin Grin
Saarartnoy

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:31:31 PM

I got some important details from ARTNOY and I want to share it with you guys.

The Vision of ARTNOY ICO http://www.artnoy.com/

The pre-ICO sale starts NOW. HURRY UP OFFER LIMITED! ArtNoy give 25% real bonus for pre-Ico Invest now And get your 25% discount right away before it will end

The vision of ArtNoy is to contribute to the global art community’s growth and
sustainability by supporting the art market and igniting smart contracts through
blockchain Html and Java-based art-to-collector trading. ArtNoy strives to serve
the art industry and the global community of artists and art lovers by creating
such an ecosystem. This will undoubtedly continue to make the art industry grow
and thrive for years to come.
We will give direct access to the cryptocurrency for the new cryptocurrency
owners direct access to invest in art. ArtNoy will ensure that agreements between
individuals, galleries, auction houses, and museums will be safe and easy to make
while improving efficiency.
The art industry is however in desperate need of fair and open
marketplaces that create liquidity and transparency. The art industry is struggling
to see the volume of trading and exchange reach its full potential. There is a
problem of unorganized access to information, trading of art pieces at outdated
venues and manual sales which could take weeks before it is completely processed.

Contact Details

Website http://www.artnoy.com/
Telegram   https://t.me/artnoyart   
https://t.me/artnoycorp   
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/artnoycorp   
Skype Artnoy corp   
https://join.skype.com/invite/TF0NP3P4Mb3b   
WhatsApp https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=+972586767547
virarara

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:33:02 PM

I've also heard news about ICOs just making bitcoin prices go down. But I do not know what will happen if ICOs are stopped for the future, will bitcoin rise again?
dakha

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:57:57 AM

Hurry up! Huh
Do you like a safe investing?
This is the one!
A great team with great idea equals success
UpStake is a new and innovative platform giving investors a powerful tool to generate wealth. Simply hold tokens and as each hour passes the value of UPS tokens increase.
Join now
https://upstake.com/
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:26:42 AM

Yes, their is surely some damage cost to the prices of bitcoin due to the ICO's and upcoming coins in the market as Bitcoin is a very demandant currency and selling it is more easy and profitable so most of the big projects convert their investment to bitcoin and then sell all of it this decreases the trade volume on any exchange and damage the price of the bitcoin in many ways. But, still this is a very small effect on bitcoin and it is a very powerful and stable crypto which will become the future of crypto in the world.
Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:58:22 AM

In 2014, the cause of the bear market was the national regulation and various ICO.
In 2018, the same thing is happening, and various ICO's are making the bear market longer and longer.

orenjebum

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:11:55 AM

As for ico that threatens to kill bitcoin, one of them is CryptoSea.

KryptoSea is an exchange designed with cloud technology. The interface that allows traders to transact crypto currency.
Kryptosea began with a problem, which is still a lack of existing exchange rates and so many players who are involved in the crypto in the Asian market. As it is known the market in the Asian country of Greater Landmarks.
KryptoSea assures not only a secure and stable crypto exchange and a very good interface. But they will also give you a very small withdrawal price.Crypto ICO's are killing Bitcoin.
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:24:27 AM

I think Crypto ICo is not killing Bitcoin since Bitcoin is the pioneer of cryptocurrencies. Let's see where this matter will go but I think ICO won't kill Bitcoin now and in the future. cmiiw
quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:33:22 AM

I think Crypto ICo is not killing Bitcoin since Bitcoin is the pioneer of cryptocurrencies. Let's see where this matter will go but I think ICO won't kill Bitcoin now and in the future. cmiiw

Yes, you are right ICO are building blocks for the Bitcoin because ICO are creating much awareness about the Bitcoin and other altcoins. Bitcoin is always the dominant currency in the present tend and it is going to be always.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: