Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are you all watching?  (Read 9155 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 07:53:22 PM

I bought back.  It wasn't under $5, and it was a little while ago.  Also, I don't have a single coin in any of the exchanges as of this morning.  Wink

Still don't think we're going to the moon, or even out of earth's atmosphere, and moving my coins out of exchanges is for security more than anything else.

Once again, I actually agree - with both the price not going to the moon yet and not having deposits at the exchanges.

Another point - exchange volume may not be as indicative of the actual Bitcoin price as expected. I suspect that dark pools may actually be providing a very significant amount, if not the majority of liquidity, and could be trading at a somewhat higher rate than the exchanges.

no it's happening, the climb to 8 will surprise a lot of you, what fallows will be spectacular

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:24:30 PM

I actually am.

*rises from a slumber of months*

Bitcoin has been a little too sticky to that 5 USD mark. It's about time for some movement. Personally, I think the fact that it has recovered from a series of problems and most people stayed sane during that time is a positive indicator. I wouldn't be surprised if it climbs up a dollar once people realize there's no real reason to trade around magical numbers.

The psychology of this is strange. I know quite a few people who somehow want to hold Bitcoins just in case, but don't actually buy them unless something is happening. Hard to tell how such people will act.

I intended to buy today, but I ended up getting a bunch of work and didn't have time to deposit my money.  I'm hoping to complete the bitinstant transaction tomorrow.  I had around 180 bitcoins in bitcoinica, and though I'm hoping they find their way back to me, I'm going to replace them in the meantime.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:29:19 PM

I bought back.  It wasn't under $5, and it was a little while ago.  Also, I don't have a single coin in any of the exchanges as of this morning.  Wink

Still don't think we're going to the moon, or even out of earth's atmosphere, and moving my coins out of exchanges is for security more than anything else.

Once again, I actually agree - with both the price not going to the moon yet and not having deposits at the exchanges.

Another point - exchange volume may not be as indicative of the actual Bitcoin price as expected. I suspect that dark pools may actually be providing a very significant amount, if not the majority of liquidity, and could be trading at a somewhat higher rate than the exchanges.

no it's happening, the climb to 8 will surprise a lot of you, what fallows will be spectacular

How fallow will it be?
blueadept

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:43:46 PM

It won't be such a secret when thousands of businessmen are holding the Bitcoin Magazine and start to buy bitcoins to see what happens. It also won't be very secret when Chinese members start buying Bitcoins to use Kronos for margin trading. Nor will it be very secret when the BitDex is finally mass manufactured and everyone is able to spend bitcoins from the palm of their hands, at universities, stores, etc.

2012 is going to be a very eventful year. I don't gamble myself, but if anyone was interested in buying bitcoins for less fiat and selling them for more fiat later, I'd say the next 60 days would be a good time to start the buying.

Don't forget BitcoinWireless selling top up cards for bitcoins. Now you'll be able to send bitcoins to your family in Kenya, Tanzania or Afghanistan and they can buy M-Pesa with them at no surcharge. Good luck beating that, Western Union.

Like my posts?  Connect with me on LinkedIn and endorse my "Bitcoin" skill.
Decentralized, instant off-chain payments.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 10:15:36 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:30:28 PM

I actually am.

*rises from a slumber of months*

Bitcoin has been a little too sticky to that 5 USD mark. It's about time for some movement. Personally, I think the fact that it has recovered from a series of problems and most people stayed sane during that time is a positive indicator. I wouldn't be surprised if it climbs up a dollar once people realize there's no real reason to trade around magical numbers.

The psychology of this is strange. I know quite a few people who somehow want to hold Bitcoins just in case, but don't actually buy them unless something is happening. Hard to tell how such people will act.

I intended to buy today, but I ended up getting a bunch of work and didn't have time to deposit my money.  I'm hoping to complete the bitinstant transaction tomorrow.  I had around 180 bitcoins in bitcoinica, and though I'm hoping they find their way back to me, I'm going to replace them in the meantime.

Wasn't able to complete the transaction today either.   Tongue

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ydenys

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:57:47 PM

One who held the price within $5.15 had run out of coins (~36K in total). To be frank - I had never seen such buy pressure up to date. Anyone a day+ off who sells at their mark would bite his/her nose off. $7.2 at least, unless some idiot dumps 30k+ BTC without wanting to get the best price out of them (there are such plonkers – you’d be surprised).
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 09:20:08 PM

I agree with the rough 8 USD/BTC target price, but I don't think a month is enough time for it to get there stably... I think it'll be more August-October time frame.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 09:31:36 PM

LeeeeeeeeeeeRoy JeeennnnnnnnnKens!!!
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 09:59:03 PM

I agree with the rough 8 USD/BTC target price, but I don't think a month is enough time for it to get there stably... I think it'll be more August-October time frame.

-bgc

once we get going, its a matter of days to get to 8

I believe the we have just started the run up.

In a few days it will be clearly spelled out for everyone to see, "Moving Up"

5.20 will look cheep on Sunday  Wink

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:12:03 PM

LeeeeeeeeeeeRoy JeeennnnnnnnnKens!!!

+1  Cheesy
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:18:04 PM

-bgc

Sloooooooooow down there.

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:21:23 PM

-bgc

yyyyyeaahhh... Looking a lot like that euphoria phase of that investor emotion cycle

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:23:27 PM

-bgc

yyyyyeaahhh... Looking a lot like that euphoria phase of that investor emotion cycle

That's it folks, $5.19 is the top.  This is the end of the bull run.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:31:47 PM

-bgc

are you blind?
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:36:47 PM

-bgc

are you blind?

I can see the bid walls pilling up around $5... what I cant see is why they wouldn't just go to market and spike the price...
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 10:39:01 PM

-bgc

are you blind?

I can see the bid walls pilling up around $5... what I cant see is why they wouldn't just go to market and spike the price...

why would u do that when u know u have a bunch of dummies around here who will sell to u at the bid?
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 11:02:18 PM

For what it's worth, we've just had the highest transaction volume of 2012 in USD today:
http://blockchain.info/charts/estimated-transaction-volume-usd
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 11:10:36 PM

I believe we're somewhere between "optimism" and "excitement" right now. Very far from euphoria. It's a very interesting situation though.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 11:12:16 PM

I believe we're somewhere between "optimism" and "excitement" right now. Very far from euphoria. It's a very interesting situation though.

how bout just good 'ol "sittin on the edge of our seats"?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: