Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN  (Read 257461 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:29:34 PM

nice, now my last question (i think) say i got 60 coins...(which i should)..do those coins stake themselves? in the same block as the original 700ish?

It depends on the transactions sent to the wallet.

If you sent 760 in one transaction, 24hrs later they would stake as one unit of 760.

If you sent 760 in two transactions, say "700" and "60" they would stake separately after each transaction had aged for 24hrs.

twitter @antiiclimax

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 09:36:27 PM

We should have a very nice explorer up later tonight

I am currently compiling BALLS on the Snowball that I've been staking Maieuticoin with for the last several weeks. Will report initial results soon on testing of both coins staking on the same device

shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:44:12 PM

5000%?Huh?

i staked around 6k since over 24 hrs and i got only 700 coins!

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

now i have no mature coins..
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:58:35 PM

5000%?Huh?

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

I would guess that 5000% is actually compounded interest for 1 year.  And once you stake, the coins used to stake have to mature for another 24 hours.   

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:04:20 PM

5000%?Huh?

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

I would guess that 5000% is actually compounded interest for 1 year.  And once you stake, the coins used to stake have to mature for another 24 hours.    

Correct. Each individual deposit is its own cycle. 30 days is the max coinage, so you must move them once a month. We have many forms of anti mass-inflation built in

Inflation is necessary for long term. This way the coin can support proper volume across several large exchanges. Keeping that inflation in control is the goal, not to eliminate a very much needed aspect of the marketplace

mxhwr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:09:49 PM

so 5billion more coins to be minted within a year when actual pow is 1million
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

so 5billion more coins to be minted within a year when actual pow is 1million

Lol.. Great math skills.

50M...

twitter @antiiclimax
RENDERING

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:17:47 PM

This coin is looking awesome! I love balls! hahahahha

I bet Bittrex will pick it up soon as well! Woooot. BAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:19:23 PM

Many exchanges don't stake coins if they are smart, not to mention all the coins people aren't staking locally. So inflation will not ever be at 100% efficiency

shimlbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:44:53 PM

5000%?Huh?

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

I would guess that 5000% is actually compounded interest for 1 year.  And once you stake, the coins used to stake have to mature for another 24 hours.   

wow ya fck im so retarded Cheesy
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:51:43 PM

5000%?Huh?

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

Per year, yes

shimlbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

5000%?Huh?

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

Per year, yes

sorry...my mind was on seedcoin i think..there was daily stake interests..

thanks.700 for 1 stack..not bad Cheesy
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:53:57 PM

5000%?Huh?

thats not 5000%

whats wrong

I would guess that 5000% is actually compounded interest for 1 year.  And once you stake, the coins used to stake have to mature for another 24 hours.    

Per year, yes

sorry...my mind was on seedcoin i think..there was daily stake interests..

thanks.700 for 1 stack..not bad Cheesy

A little over 13% daily, averaged out over a year

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

Lots of buys happening on ccex at 10k Satoshi.

Shoulda mined more!

twitter @antiiclimax
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 11:55:50 PM

Lots of buys happening on ccex at 10k Satoshi.

Shoulda mined more!

Probably make more by buying and staking

earlz

Activity: 439

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:41:16 AM

INCOMPLETE
snowballs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842827.0

Heritage: very close to vanilla ppcoin, mmxiv

Problems:

* MODEATE: genesis seed is not a news event
* MODERATE: Blocks 23 to 120 is purposefully set to have minimum difficulty, making instamining these blocks trivial

Notes:

+      if (!fProofOfStake && pindexLast->nHeight >= 23 && pindexLast->nHeight < 120)
+        return bnProofOfWorkLimit.GetCompact(); // most of the 1st 120 blocks

this looks like a (not security related) bug:
-    fs::path pathConfigFile(GetArg("-conf", "ppcoin.conf"));
+    fs::path pathConfigFile(GetArg("-conf", "mmxiv.conf"));

First ever coin I've evaluated with a code base so old that it doesn't include `getrawtransaction`. Because of this, and no usable block explorer, I consider this review incomplete. I could not evaluate the difficulty adjustment curve nor if there was any premine.
I expect to update this review either when someone ports getrawtransaction, two independent parties throw up Abe based block explorers, or ports my local block explorer to somehow work without getrawtransaction

Watermarks: uint64, pos

Very inaccurate. Genesis block is the same as Maieuticoin (on purpose). It is based off the newest PPC, very new code. The blocks were meant to be fast and mined before staking started. Technically, we are behind on mining. The first 23 blocks were for me to test with difficulty in the hundreds so blocks were slow and not instamined while I synced up all the seednodes, the difficulty was reset to 1. You'll see in the explorer once it's up that those blocks had a significantly higher difficulty

Block explorers are very easily made. Maieuticoin has had three and it's nearly the same code. I usually respect and welcome your evaluation, and while code wise you are correct and none of it is a secret, you dropped the ball on your personal conclusions

Sorry you feel that way, but I stand by it all. I give a ding for the genesis block seed because if it's not based on a news event, there is no proof that you didn't mine it before the release or proclaimed genesis block time.

And for your difficulty bit, if your intention was to use these blocks as testing, you should've also made the reward for these blocks 0, otherwise I consider it a problem.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for block explorers. I realize block explorers are easy, but I don't intend to screw around with Abe a couple of hours just to evaluate this.

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 02:54:07 AM

INCOMPLETE

Problems:

* MODERATE: Blocks 23 to 120 is purposefully set to have minimum difficulty, making instamining these blocks trivial

Notes:

+      if (!fProofOfStake && pindexLast->nHeight >= 23 && pindexLast->nHeight < 120)

First ever coin I've evaluated with a code base so old that it doesn't include `getrawtransaction`. Because of this, and no usable block explorer, I consider this review incomplete. I could not evaluate the difficulty adjustment curve nor if there was any premine.
I expect to update this review either when someone ports getrawtransaction, two independent parties throw up Abe based block explorers, or ports my local block explorer to somehow work without getrawtransaction

Very inaccurate. Genesis block is the same as Maieuticoin (on purpose). It is based off the newest PPC, very new code. The blocks were meant to be fast and mined before staking started. Technically, we are behind on mining. The first 23 blocks were for me to test with difficulty in the hundreds so blocks were slow and not instamined while I synced up all the seednodes, the difficulty was reset to 1. You'll see in the explorer once it's up that those blocks had a significantly higher difficulty

Block explorers are very easily made. Maieuticoin has had three and it's nearly the same code. I usually respect and welcome your evaluation, and while code wise you are correct and none of it is a secret, you dropped the ball on your personal conclusions

Sorry you feel that way, but I stand by it all. I give a ding for the genesis block seed because if it's not based on a news event, there is no proof that you didn't mine it before the release or proclaimed genesis block time.

And for your difficulty bit, if your intention was to use these blocks as testing, you should've also made the reward for these blocks 0, otherwise I consider it a problem.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for block explorers. I realize block explorers are easy, but I don't intend to screw around with Abe a couple of hours just to evaluate this.

I can only vouch for him so far but I know he mined, I believe it was, 6 blocks to test the nodes and make sure they were synced up.  Other then that I went to bed before he launched and I missed to prime mining times.  Cry  
I've been talking with Spots for a long time now and he's a solid guy.  He's not out to screw anyone.  Take that however you want.  Call me a "pumper" or "I'm in on it" or whatever.  I'm just saying what I know.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 03:14:25 AM

INCOMPLETE

Problems:

Notes:

Yes, the 480 coins I mined from syncing up the nodes out of a total 1,000,000 mined are a problem   Roll Eyes

I understand you are floating around trying to make a name for yourself as the white knight of alts, but there is no big secret or breakthrough here that will help that. I suggest you stop trying to one-up me with your silly remarks. Please...go back to criticizing those who don't know how to tell you how wrong you are before someone here makes you look really foolish

tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 03:20:07 AM

INCOMPLETE

Problems:

Notes:

Yes, the 480 coins I mined from syncing up the nodes out of a total 1,000,000 mined are a problem   Roll Eyes

I understand you are floating around trying to make a name for yourself as the white knight of alts, but there is no big secret or breakthrough here that will help that. I suggest you stop trying to one-up me with your silly remarks. Please...go back to criticizing those who don't know how to tell you how wrong you are before someone here makes you look really stupid

If it makes him feel better maybe you should set up a IRC tip bot loaded with those coins   Wink

Or maybe a contest of some kind.  Snowball preorders related maybe?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
earlz

Activity: 439

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 03:31:18 AM

I understand you are floating around trying to make a name for yourself as the white knight of alts, but there is no big secret or breakthrough here that will help that. I suggest you stop trying to one-up me with your silly remarks. Please...go back to criticizing those who don't know how to tell you how wrong you are before someone here makes you look really foolish

I never said it was a problem. This is just what I do. I make no judge to if the dev is legit. Remember, one coin with an exploit had a legit founder, but a subcontracted dev that placed the exploit. I reveal what is in the code and network, nothing more. The most biased part of what I do is when I judge release times and such based on bitcointalk posts by early miners.

I never accused you of premining it or anything (I'd have no proof because I don't have a block explorer). I said there was an explicit rule that would allow instamining for a range of blocks. The instamining can be by you, or an early miner. It's in the code, you being an honest developer does not change that.

Personally, I think you're an honest dev and the instamining bit was probably just from whatever upstream coin you forked from and was not used maliciously. But that's just my opinion. There is nothing in the code that says this is not malicious and was not abused by anyone

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: