Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN  (Read 257472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 08:57:26 PM

So i can expect to wait up to 30 days until my coins will stake again after i've moved them yesterday?!

Maybe. Honestly, there are three different opinions from intelligent people who looked at it. Since coins are still staking on the network and blocks are still moving, it's not an immediate threat. I'm in the same boat as you, though, I moved all of mine yesterday, too  Sad

Oh dear so this means we not gonna get any staked balls for a month? Cos we moved our coins? Cry

This is not fair and this is not a solution for this issue.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

So i can expect to wait up to 30 days until my coins will stake again after i've moved them yesterday?!

Maybe. Honestly, there are three different opinions from intelligent people who looked at it. Since coins are still staking on the network and blocks are still moving, it's not an immediate threat. I'm in the same boat as you, though, I moved all of mine yesterday, too  Sad

Oh dear so this means we not gonna get any staked balls for a month? Cos we moved our coins? Cry

Possibly. But that also means there will be no max coinage, which means you can stake them forever once you get there without having to reset it. I did tell you guys yesterday if you were staking already or very recently that you shouldn't move them. Anyone who moved them yesterday did so against my advice of not moving coins that were actively staking

eprocent

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

Possibly. But that also means there will be no max coinage, which means you can stake them forever once you get there without having to reset it

If we not gonna get any staked balls for a month, this situations is not fair. Same people, probable more milions coins holders indirectly but realy are being penalized by your solutions.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:12:35 PM

Possibly. But that also means there will be no max coinage, which means you can stake them forever once you get there without having to reset it

If we not gonna get any staked balls for a month, this situations is not fair. Same people, probable more milions coins holders indirectly but realy are being penalized by your solutions.

Making people update their staking hardware to a new fork immediately upon receiving their unit is not fair. Many are out and people will load them up as soon as getting them without checking the thread first

My decisions for this coin have been and always will be for the benefit of people using our staking hardware and ease of use for those units. That is very clear in the OP. This might not be a good thing to say, but those of you using our staking hardware to use BALLS are more important to me than those on a desktop. Making someone update a brand new unit the day they receive it, or stake on an old chain, is not a fair solution. They paid money for their unit, so I will make decisions based on making those easier to use. We could include a fork on all future units, obviously, but all of them already out would be fucked unless they updated, which could corrupt wallets if it's old chains

It's up to you guys whether you mine it or not. We have plans to use this coin as an incentive program towards our Snowball hardware customers. It has a use for us. Whether you want to participate or not is cool either way. The goal is to provide a low cost, standalone staking device that can earn more than high cost, high energy mining hardware. Minting is the future of low cost coin generation and we are at the forefront both with Maieuticoin and now Snowballs, which are created to out-perform proof of work chains for minting profits vs mining costs

jdfirestar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:13:23 PM

I know right!  The dev of the coin tells us we have to move our coins then we find out we could lose up to 30 days of staking coins. That is a very large amount of balls possibly lost (200K + in wallet) and it is the Dev's fault. It was NOT an accidental event, the dev has admitted to making a mistake that caused this.

Anyone that followed the direct advice of the dev and moved their coins should absolutely be compensated for the loss of coins. Also NOT happy that the dev does not care about the balls traders and people who helped get this coin to where it is today. The only people who seem to matter are the ones that bought his hardware.

NOT COOL!!!

Waiting for the dev to do the right thing. Taking a chance with his own coins to test is one thing telling everyone else to do the same without knowing the consequences is pure BS and not professional. Then he comes on and almost laughs it of saying he is in the same boat.....IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:16:57 PM

I know right!  The dev of the coin tells us we have to move our coins then we find out we could lose up to 30 days of staking coins. That is a very large amount of balls possibly lost (200K + in wallet) and it is the Dev's fault. It was NOT an accidental event, the dev has admitted to making a mistake that caused this.

Anyone that followed the direct advice of the dev and moved their coins should absolutely be compensated for the loss of coins. Also NOT happy that the dev does not care about the balls traders and people who helped get this coin to where it is today. The only people who seem to matter are the ones that bought his hardware.

NOT COOL!!!

Waiting for the dev to do the right thing. Taking a chance with his own coins to test is one thing telling everyone else to do the same without knowing the consequences is pure BS and not professional. Then he comes on and almost laughs it of saying he is in the same boat.....IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT.

Don't move them, then. My advice is it's better to move them now than wait a month and find out you should have moved them today. I'm not laughing anything off. I completely understand the severity of both the benefits and consequences of my decision

I made a mistake, yes, I'm not denying it. I put a wrong timestamp for 2014 instead of 2020, but I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day. All of you are being very selfish and looking at day to day staking. That's like looking at the moon one night and extrapolating patterns of revolutions. PoS itself is not built to be monitored on a daily basis

This is a system built on yearly averages. After 24 hours you will start gaining coinage, which should increase your amount when you do finally stake

YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING - All you have to do is wait a little longer to start now, but there is no max, so once you start staking, your wallet will require ZERO maintenance and attention

Everyone is affected the same, whether you are staking on a desktop or our units. The only reason not to fork is there are already specialized units out there that do nothing but stake these coins. If they don't update, they are useless, and not everyone will update them

dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:25:30 PM

can you make me clear..i have 100 000 coin i bought ..so to stake what should i do..how much should they stay in wallet with out moving to stake

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
eprocent

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:27:12 PM

I know right!  The dev of the coin tells us we have to move our coins then we find out we could lose up to 30 days of staking coins. That is a very large amount of balls possibly lost (200K + in wallet) and it is the Dev's fault. It was NOT an accidental event, the dev has admitted to making a mistake that caused this.

NOT COOL!!!

Don't move them, then. My advice is it's better to move them now than wait a month and find out you should have moved them today. I'm not laughing anything off. I completely understand the severity of both the benefits and consequences of my decision

I made a mistake, yes, I'm not denying it. I put a wrong timestamp for 2014 instead of 2020, but I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day. All of you are being very selfish and looking at day to day staking. That's like looking at the moon one night and extrapolating patterns of revolutions. PoS itself is not built to be monitored on a daily basis

This is a system built on yearly averages. After 24 hours you will start gaining coinage, which should increase your amount when you do finally stake

YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING - All you have to do is wait a little longer to start now, but there is no max, so once you start staking, your wallet will require ZERO maintenance and attention

Everyone is affected the same, whether you are staking on a desktop or our units. The only reason not to fork is there are already specialized units out there that do nothing but stake these coins. If they don't update, they are useless, and not everyone will update them

If your clients for hardware pay you 100$ per units I personaly investing +1.5 BTC in this coins. This is fair for you but not for all. Not all are in same boat.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:27:35 PM

can you make me clear..i have 100 000 coin i bought ..so to stake what should i do..how much should they stay in wallet with out moving to stake

If you've moved them in the last 2 days, don't do anything except keep the wallet open to start accumulating coinage

jdfirestar

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:28:11 PM

NOT COOL!!!

OK I will calm down a little if you can answer one thing.

You said above "I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day" then said "YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING",
How exactly is this possible?Huh?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:28:37 PM

NOT COOL!!!

If your clients for hardware pay you 100$ per units I personaly investing +1.5 BTC in this coins. This is fair for you but not for all. Not all are in same boat.

I've made it as clear as possible that if forced with a choice, I will pick the one that benefits our hardware clients more, yes

dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

If you've moved them in the last 2 days, don't do anything except keep the wallet open to start accumulating coinage
so wallet must be open 24 hour a day or what..i just bought them 12 hours ago on exgange and transfer to waller

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:30:53 PM

NOT COOL!!!

OK I will calm down a little if you can answer one thing.

You said above "I actually like the changes it made. It will create far less coins per day" then said "YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF COINS WHILE STAKING",
How exactly is this possible?Huh?

I understand how that could be confusing. Ok....

Less coins per day across the entire network. People will wait 5, 10, 15 days without staking then say fuck it and sell. Those coins will never stake, resulting in 0 network inflation

Same amount of coins per staking user. It is still 1000% yearly with coinage accumulating at 24 hours. You just can't process a stake for a little longer, now, but once you do get to staking eligibility, you will have a significant pool of coinage to kickstart your 1000% yearly. The stake rate is completely unaffected. All that changed was how coinage is calculated and when you are eligible to stake

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:31:29 PM

so wallet must be open 24 hour a day or what..i just bought them 12 hours ago on exgange and transfer to waller

The first 24 hours can be closed, but I suggest leaving it open as much as you can after the first 24 hours have elapsed

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:46:17 PM

Here is my solution; You guys might want to do the same, because what spots is telling you , is the coin will hardly stake unless you pay him to buy his "staking hardware". Guys , this was planned months ago. Now youve bought all these coins, and now the only way they will work is to pay him for the device that makes them stake.

@Spots; before you delete another post of mine, know this: when you type in google "snowballs coin". Im with you on the first page a few results down, if you delete one more post , I will post on my website www.bitcoinlasvegas.net what I really think. YOU made this decision without consulting ANY of the investors, now be a man and deal with the backlash. Now suck it up. Im not too upset, I raced to the exchange and cashed out with about 1.5 BTC. Its already at 181 sat. Nice job , dickwad.

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:48:26 PM

Look, there are some really good changes here that we can leave implemented without requiring everyone to update to a hard fork and continue using their current client. We have people using the normal one, Christmas theme, daemons, there is a lot to update away from something that will only strengthen this coin long term. Two months from now, nobody will even remember that I fucked up big time. Basically, from my understanding of the situation, it boils down to this:

If you are holding this coin, believe in it, me, and our work, this change does NOT AFFECT YOU AT ALL. Since you would be already staking for over 30 days, literally nothing changes for you

If you are trying to buy this coin, stake it for a few days, and dump it...well, you're fucked

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:49:55 PM

Here is my solution; You guys might want to do the same, because what spots is telling you , is the coin will hardly stake unless you pay him to buy his "staking hardware". Guys , this was planned months ago. Now youve bought all these coins, and now the only way they will work is to pay him for the device that makes them stake

It doesn't matter if you are on a desktop or our unit. The timers are exactly the same, and you have a very limited understanding of what is actually happening, since I already proved your 480k BALLS bet wrong yesterday and you never paid  Wink  Now shut the fuck up until you have a basic knowledge of cryptos

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:51:32 PM

Heres a VERY important question: Will it be the same way with MMXIV coin soon too? Im cool if it is, but tell me NOW. Thank you.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:52:48 PM

hey, Ive said my piece. Im done talking. Ill let the results (price) speak for itself. Nuff said.

Vegas

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 09:53:14 PM

Heres a VERY important question: Will it be the same way with MMXIV coin soon too? Im cool if it is, but tell me NOW. Thank you.

Vegas

This change is also in MMXIV for August 15th, 2015. I checked this morning. That will most likely not be allowed to go through, unless it proves very successful with BALLS in the long term

There is another update to the protocol in exactly 6 months currently in the code for BALLS. This one started a chain reaction to enable one more, so sometime in the next 6 months we will evaluate whether or not that one will be allowed to go live. Right now is not the time to open a second can of worms

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: