Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altworld is Dead!  (Read 6806 times)
drizzle2405 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 01:40:29 PM

Thanks to the hundreds of scams, altcoins are officially DEAD!  Dan "Madoff" Metcalf, truly put the nail in the coffin.  Even legitimate altcoins going forward will be labeled as scam.  My advice, take your coins off the exchanges and hold the ones you think are legitimate or sell all your coins and convert to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin cannot be the sole cryptocurrency, just as there are hundreds of FIAT currencies in the world.  But thanks to the likes of greed, there will be no chance of ANY other crypto getting even close to the same level of adoption as Bitcoin... at least not for a long long long long time.

To the scammers, here's an old school style fuck you!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:51:21 PM

of course. 95% of coins are greedy and unclean.

The altcoins i found to be clean or reasonably clean (no premine, no scam, open source, good history, active community, legit crypto and no doubts about it) in Top 100 are:

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

i think those are the ones that will survive for longer time. Possible i forgot a hand full of coins. The list is my personal conclusion based on own research. Others may disagree.
The majority especially the greed/ripoff/unfair-coins will have a hard time. It is no problem for me since i was investing in ethical coins only all the time.
All this shenangians we see currently is not of interest to me and won't affect the legit coins i am holding. In fact the legit coins will benefit from it.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

The altcoins i found to be clean or reasonably clean (no premine, no scam, open source, good history, active community, legit crypto and no doubts about it) in Top 100 are:

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

i think those are the ones that will survive for longer time. Possible i forgot a hand full of coins. The list is my personal conclusion based on own research. Others may disagree.
The majority especially the greed/ripoff/unfair-coins will have a hard time. It is no problem for me since i was investing in ethical coins only all the time.
All this shenangians we see currently is not of interest to me and won't affect the legit coins i am holding. In fact the legit coins will benefit from it.

hahah these coins are finished, btw vert coin and reddcoin also pulled some scam in the beginning, these cons are just you holding fag. Also all these shenanigans are being pulled by bitcoin and litecoin supporters aswell, they are the veterans of trolling other coins
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:08:47 PM

hahah these coins are finished, btw vert coin and reddcoin also pulled some scam in the beginning, these cons are just you holding fag

sure. Opinion.
What legit coins are you holding?

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
spoogemcduck

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:21:29 PM

UroDark might be a contender tho right? I bought some  Embarrassed

http://www.amyvansant.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/duck-pickpocke1.jpg
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:34:28 PM

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

Everyone will default back to litecoin, most the others are a scam though those on the list aren't in the league of the current scams most have a dodgy past.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:07:24 PM

Everyone will default back to litecoin

if it didn't inflate with 30% a year maybe  Roll Eyes

but i agree. Scams are for pump-chasing lowlifes. There is enough good coins to put money on that are not scammy. Rocky past with pump and dump have most coins. A coin being pumped/dumped doesn't say anything about its value.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:41:18 PM

Thanks to the hundreds of scams, altcoins are officially DEAD!  Dan "Madoff" Metcalf, truly put the nail in the coffin.  Even legitimate altcoins going forward will be labeled as scam.  My advice, take your coins off the exchanges and hold the ones you think are legitimate or sell all your coins and convert to Bitcoin.

Bitcoin cannot be the sole cryptocurrency, just as there are hundreds of FIAT currencies in the world.  But thanks to the likes of greed, there will be no chance of ANY other crypto getting even close to the same level of adoption as Bitcoin... at least not for a long long long long time.

Altcoins are not dead. We saw a lot of Scams and fails and greedy Dev-Teams hyping with promises without delivering. But: The responsibility is also on Investor-Side! Many Investors buy and sell Coins without any research about the fundamentals or the Devs. And if there is a pearl in all the Shit, with hard working and honest Devs with skills and ideas, many Investors expecting huge profit in between some days, instead of giving time. I saw it many times that the community got impatient and damaged good projects with pressure on the Devs like Fudder and dumping on release. But quality needs time! That's a natural principle Crypto won't broke! In the first time of a project there should be base-building instead of hyping. Investing is about research, making decisions and to take the responsibility for the own decisions. That would lead more money in the good projects that are out there between all the Shitcoins and Scams. And I'm sure, exactly that will happen in the future. Investors (including myself) will learn the lessons and how we invest is making choices about how Crypto should be. All the Scammer and Pump-Groups had great times because of silly and greedy decisions of the Investor-sheeps.

My personal lessons are:

1. Deep research about the Devs. I read nearly every line and not just the "what", also the "how" (they communicate).
2. Invest in honesty and ability
3. If I see hyping I become careful
4. Fundamentals! I want to see a strong technical base to build on the innovations. The first months don't need to be glamorous.
5. Charts don't show the reality.
6. Patience! Quality needs time. Pressure on good Devs is damaging the own Investment.

If all Investors would invest more carefully, make more research, be more patient... Crypto will change. And we already see this dynamic. There are pearls out there and they will benefit of those changes.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:46:08 PM

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

Not top 100 yet, but my personal Main-Invest: Neoscoin
drizzle2405 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:57:32 PM

Altcoins are not dead. We saw a lot of Scams and fails and greedy Dev-Teams hyping with promises without delivering. But: The responsibility is also on Investor-Side! Many Investors buy and sell Coins without any research about the fundamentals or the Devs. And if there is a pearl in all the Shit, with hard working and honest Devs with skills and ideas, many Investors expecting huge profit in between some days, instead of giving time. I saw it many times that the community got impatient and damaged good projects with pressure on the Devs like Fudder and dumping on release. But quality needs time! That's a natural principle Crypto won't broke! In the first time of a project there should be base-building instead of hyping. Investing is about research, making decisions and to take the responsibility for the own decisions. That would lead more money in the good projects that are out there between all the Shitcoins and Scams. And I'm sure, exactly that will happen in the future. Investors (including myself) will learn the lessons and how we invest is making choices about how Crypto should be. All the Scammer and Pump-Groups had great times because of silly and greedy decisions of the Investor-sheeps.

My personal lessons are:

1. Deep research about the Devs. I read nearly every line and not just the "what", also the "how" (they communicate).
4. Fundamentals! I want to see a strong technical base to build on the innovations. The first months don't need to be glamorous.
6. Patience! Quality needs time. Pressure on good Devs is damaging the own Investment.

If all Investors would invest more carefully, make more research, be more patient... Crypto will change. And we already see this dynamic. There are pearls out there and they will benefit of those changes.

Tempus, the PND groups have more bitcoin than "normal" investors.  Until they are out of the game permanently, there is NO safe coin and the PND will continue.  Only the originals are unaffected, BTC, LTC and so on...

If it's on an exchange, at those small prices, it's an easy target for a PND.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:33:21 PM

My personal lessons are:

Tempus, the PND groups have more bitcoin than "normal" investors.  Until they are out of the game permanently, there is NO safe coin and the PND will continue.  Only the originals are unaffected, BTC, LTC and so on...

If it's on an exchange, at those small prices, it's an easy target for a PND.

Yes, right. But pumps only will lead to profit for Pump-Groups if they are able to bring normal Investors in it. They accumulate over some days or weeks huge amounts of a coin. Than they starting PR and hyping.... pumping the price a little bit to attract normal investors to panic-buys and than they dump on them. They need buyer!

And there are many pumps that did not work out as planned because most actors in Crypto already comprehend those games. Sometimes there is dumping on Pumpers. And the heads of pump-groups often cheating their own members... not all of them make profits. In my eyes, joining a pump-group is a higher risk than investing in good projects with longterm-potential. And: If a pump-group dump on normal investors, it don't has to damage a good project. It leads to distribution and distribution leads to more strength. So far, pumped and dumped coins often did not came back. But why? Because ppl just look at the chart instead of informing themselves deeper about reasons for extreme price-changes and acting impatient. Why should one sell a good project because a pump-group played with it?

There are some false paradigmas in Crypto. And one of it is "after a PnD they never come back". High-quality will survive those games... 
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

-Litecoin
-Megacoin
-Unobtanium
-Namecoin
-Peercoin
-Primecoin
-Feathercoin
-Dogecoin
-Reddcoin
-Vertcoin
-Bitmark

hahah these coins are finished, btw vert coin and reddcoin also pulled some scam in the beginning, these cons are just you holding fag. Also all these shenanigans are being pulled by bitcoin and litecoin supporters aswell, they are the veterans of trolling other coins

There has been times in the past where a few Litecoin supporters would shit on another coin, but in all honesty the Litecoin community is fairly well received of other coin communities as long as the coin itself isnt an outright scam.

There are trolls in all communities, and unfortunately it is the trolls that normally heard and noticed because they scream the loudest. But the majority of folks in all communities (Litecoin included) do not troll or crap on other coins. It's really in all of our best interests to come together instead of pushing each other apart. And I'm doing my part by reaching out to other communities to form bonds and friendships to let others know we all have one common enemy, which is fiat. Remember that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Everyone will default back to litecoin

if it didn't inflate with 30% a year maybe  Roll Eyes

but i agree. Scams are for pump-chasing lowlifes. There is enough good coins to put money on that are not scammy. Rocky past with pump and dump have most coins. A coin being pumped/dumped doesn't say anything about its value.

What? Litecoin doesn't have an inflation O_o.

Not top 100 yet, but my personal Main-Invest: Neoscoin

Neoscoin should also be added to the list as a trusting coin. Their developer (Syntaks) is a very bright guy and very hard working. He isn't in it for the money but rather the movement as a whole.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:57:11 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 05:24:58 PM by balu2

sure it does.

blockreward 50
block in 24h: around 550
new coins a day: 27500 (=cost of running the network. Currently 98k$ every day)
27500 * 365 = 10.037.500 new litecoins a year
Current coins in circulation: 33,5 million

10 million is roughly 30% of 30 million

so litecoins value is diluted by that number a year until at halving that comes down to 15% inflation next year which is crazy.

Bitcoin inflates with 10% right now wich is also crazy and the reason it doesn't take off.

I personally am a strong believer in fair, low inflation altcoins which litecoin is not one of (ltc is fair start but high inflation which makes it in turn quite unfair for investors. With litecoin the miners make the gains right now. And maybe not even those since they dump their own source of income down constantly, they have to, that's how it is constructed)  
High inflation is full blown nonsense in crypto and has a scammy nature to it, too. But at least it is fully transparent  Roll Eyes
biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:19:18 PM

Coinmarketcap gives the total market Cap of all the coins it lists as $ 4,843,132,172. It only gives Bitcoin a market cap of $ 4,389,345,156, so the alts have a combined market cap of almost half a billion dollars. They don't look dead yet to me.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:24:26 PM

Litecoin was the original scam - there were GPU miners for it before it came out, and it called itself a CPU coin to draw in old BTC CPU miners, while the small number of GPUs raped it. Same shit, different toilet.

this was true for bitcoin also, artforz say hi, he was owning like 40% of the entire bitcoin network

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/History
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

sure it does.

blockreward 50
block in 24h: around 550
new coins a day: 27500 (=cost of running the network. Currently 98k$ every day)
27500 * 365 = 10.037.500 new litecoins a year
Current coins in circulation: 33,5 million

10 million is roughly 30% of 30 million

so litecoins value is diluted by that number a year until at halving that comes down to 15% inflation next year which is crazy.

Bitcoin inflates with 10% right now wich is also crazy and the reason it doesn't take off.

I personally am a strong believer in fair, low inflation altcoins which litecoin is not one of (ltc is fair start but high inflation which makes it in turn quite unfair for investors. With litecoin the miners make the gains right now. And maybe not even those since they dump their own source of income down constantly, they have to, that's how it is constructed)  
High inflation is full blown nonsense in crypto and has a scammy nature to it, too. But at least it is fully transparent  Roll Eyes

Ahh ok, a bit of context helped. I do agree that in slice of time it is inflationary. But as a whole Litecoin and Bitcoin are not due to the hard coin caps of 84 mil and 21 mil respectively.

Litecoin was the original scam - there were GPU miners for it before it came out, and it called itself a CPU coin to draw in old BTC CPU miners, while the small number of GPUs raped it. Same shit, different toilet.

I'm amazed that you personally would say this considering I thought you are a Litecoin supporter. There were rumors of GPU miners but no one provided any evidence. I think this came out as a way to discredit Litecoin and I find it really hard to believe (unless you have evidence).

Yep ! This is why the founder of Litecoin dumped it when it was 50$. He even said that it was to overpriced.

Well no, you kind of twisted his words. He dumped the majority of his holdings at $2 because he wouldnt have imagine it becoming as successful as it has.

Just when I was thinking to myself "man, I havent seen anyone trolling Litecoin recently because first monero and now Blocknet". rofl  Roll Eyes

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:04:56 PM

-Bitmark

How is Bitmark finished when there's multiple devs and people working on it full time?

How is it finished when there's major real life projects involving marking being developed by third parties?

It's more alive now then it's ever been if you judge a project by the amount of work being done on it.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

Altcoin need trust.

Bitcoin, litecoin and peercoin are established trusted coins. Even dogecoin  can be considered trusted.

+90% of altcoins are pure pump-and dump shit.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:21:45 PM

Altcoin need trust.

Bitcoin, litecoin and peercoin are established trusted coins. Even dogecoin  can be considered trusted.

Yes most of them are shit, but there are over 530 coins. They rarely stay at the top for long unless they have something going for them. Doge was considered pump-and dump shit when it came out, but it's held a place near the top for long enough for some people to start trusting it.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:28:19 PM

Altcoin need trust.

Yes most of them are shit, but there are over 530 coins. They rarely stay at the top for long unless they have something going for them. Doge was considered pump-and dump shit when it came out, but it's held a place near the top for long enough for some people to start trusting it.

Doge was a pump-and-dump, but at least it was he first one. And at start it was widely distributed via tips/faucets,  and considered a joke...
given his success, some thousands of shitty coins born in the succeeding month

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: