Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:13:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altworld is Dead!  (Read 6803 times)
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:17:43 PM

I agree, there are too many crypto coins already  Cheesy May be hundreds of crypto coins, and each week new ones. All crypto market is not so large enough yet  Grin
crypt0xx

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:49:03 PM

Its the holidays
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:49:45 PM

Not willing to sound like a marketing attempt but you missed DRK being opensourced, no premine, no scam, legit crypto, good community, actually useful etc.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:17:38 PM

Some innovative work is happening in alt coins with anonymity, new proof-of-x, and different distribution models. 

It is true that probably 99% of alts are scams, but there are some really neat things tech wise happening in the alt world that far exceed Bitcoin.

A few coins are probably already much more advanced than Bitcoin code wise, it is just that they are plagued with scandals, scammers in the community, and less that capable devs. 

If the alt coin scene actually gets a good coin with good devs and a good community, it really could add a lot to the crypto community. 

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
The Chainmaker

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:26:20 PM

Of the coins right now that are not plagued are Litecoin, Doge, Peercoin, and Darkcoin.  That said, even these might fade away. 

In the non-coin world, Maidsafe or Storj might do something interesting.  Ripple/Stellar too.  CounterParty needs to be watched. Each of these are managing to stay afloat. 

Ethereum or Blockstream might completely disrupt the alt community. 

There are also a few coins working on new code that might have a chance to do things right and put Litecoin, Doge, Peercoin, and Darkcoin into the irrelevant sector.  Why have a bastardized Bitcoin clone, when you can have a blockchain designed from scratch in a nice and clean code. 

jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

Of the coins right now that are not plagued are Litecoin, Doge, Peercoin, and Darkcoin.  That said, even these might fade away. 

In the non-coin world, Maidsafe or Storj might do something interesting.  Ripple/Stellar too.  CounterParty needs to be watched. Each of these are managing to stay afloat. 

Ethereum or Blockstream might completely disrupt the alt community. 

There are also a few coins working on new code that might have a chance to do things right and put Litecoin, Doge, Peercoin, and Darkcoin into the irrelevant sector.  Why have a bastardized Bitcoin clone, when you can have a blockchain designed from scratch in a nice and clean code. 

Which coins are they please?
The Chainmaker

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:58:34 PM

Just off the top of my head Emunie and NEM.  There are others too, but they might be scams so I won't mention them.  NEM and Emunie have both been in development way to long and have been delayed too much to be a scam.  Emunie claims to have a closed beta working, but NEM has an open beta that anyone can try out. 

It seems making a new code and making it right is actually very difficult to do. 

The Chainmaker

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:03:26 PM

I'll add that these two projects being delayed actually is a little bit of a good sign.  Scams of pumps and dumps are rushed to market with lots of big promises. In fact that is a classic sign.  A coin mysteriously comes out of nowhere promising to revolutionize the alt coin scene is a clear candidate for a scam. 

Both NEM and Emunie have their own dedicated forums with lots of activity going far back showing real work being done. 

Either could have released a long time ago with a working blockchain but the devs decided to wait until they were completely ready. 

jertsy

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:03:53 PM

I was in a position to buy into NEM for a pittance when it was announced, but it seemed like a scam then so I missed out.  Sad
The Chainmaker

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:10:58 PM

I was in a position to buy into NEM for a pittance when it was announced, but it seemed like a scam then so I missed out.  Sad

Well, you were more or less wise to do so.  During a two week period when NEM was announced, there were like 15 other coins announced in the same way, all of which except for NEM turned out to be scams.  It is a high risk, high reward type of deal.  Some of those coins might not have originally been planned on being a scam but just faltered along the way.  That is what is happening with eXo and Crypti right now.  Both tried the new code thing and have flopped. 

Like I said before, it is apparently much harder to create a coin from a new code than what it would appear. 

The Chainmaker

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:14:05 PM

There is also Qora and Node too.  They are both new code, but have been written off by the alt community at large, and for good reason.  There is a very small chance that either one might turn itself around, but I doubt it. 

darkmind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:06:37 PM

Alt coins have been bottoming for a while since dropping all year. They'll either go up or down from these levels.

a whale trying to move market by force will only lose money

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:13:07 PM

If you guys had BTC, LTC or DOGE on May 12th 2014 then you have free CLAMS that you can dump. Over 0.01 btc for each good address.

See my signature for details.

How does it work? Do I need to punch my private keys into CLAM wallet?

If so, how secure is that? How do I know the CLAM wallet does not control my BTC/LTC/DOGE private keys?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 01:34:40 PM

If you guys had BTC, LTC or DOGE on May 12th 2014 then you have free CLAMS that you can dump. Over 0.01 btc for each good address.

If so, how secure is that? How do I know the CLAM wallet does not control my BTC/LTC/DOGE private keys?

You should always move the BTC, LTC or DOGE off the wallet prior to digging CLAMS.  Then after you dig your clams consider the wallet as compromised and don't use it again (I would recommend saving it though!)

Can't lose any coins if there arn't any there.  Better to be safe than sorry.

I would say the CLIENT is safe. It is open source as well if you want to see how it works!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jertsy

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

You should always move the BTC, LTC or DOGE off the wallet prior to digging CLAMS.  Then after you dig your clams consider the wallet as compromised and don't use it again (I would recommend saving it though!)

I would say the CLIENT is safe. It is open source as well if you want to see how it works!

I'd save it in case another coin does the same type of distribution as CLAMs.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 01:39:09 PM

I'd save it in case another coin does the same type of distribution as CLAMs.

I imagine copy cats will try to pop up, but be careful of that shit!

CLAM is a forced to be fuxed with atm.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
resya

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:45:31 AM

All of crypto is slowly dying, but once the fire catches you want to be a bag holder. I have no use for cryptos other than gambling once a week

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:49:40 AM

All of crypto is slowly dying, but once the fire catches you want to be a bag holder. I have no use for cryptos other than gambling once a week

This

It's very sad to see this view but interest in crypto/bitcoin is slowly declining.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:10:31 AM

Well, what did you expect would happen all after these Pump and dumps ? More investors ? LOL

That's like saying that the Pink Sheets hurt the DOW.  Roll Eyes

Check out Just-dice.com and the crypto CLAM Smiley

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:29:58 AM

Well, what did you expect would happen all after these Pump and dumps ? More investors ? LOL

That's like saying that the Pink Sheets hurt the DOW.  Roll Eyes

Check out Just-dice.com and the crypto CLAM Smiley

like losing in crypto isn't enough. lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████