Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC] $1,183.20 Amazon Balance [BTC] [MINERS CAN BUY EQP!]  (Read 5978 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 12:58:11 AM

Dear God, people. I happily enjoy a nice dinner for an hour, and you guys start this.

Cut it out. You're scaring away legitimate businesses who are evaluating whether or not to start accepting bitcoin. If you have legitimate evidence, fine, post it. But if you're just going to manufacture fake evidence by telling someone that they can censor something and then call them out for that censorship, that's not cool.

lolwut, I won't make you do it, but please remove that big red "scammer alert" text. You have nothing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:01:06 AM

But if you're just going to manufacture fake evidence by telling someone that they can censor something and then call them out for that censorship, that's not cool.

In all seriousness what he provided was not what was asked for at all, I can't even read any of his ID on one of my monitors because the backlight is slightly dim (normally unnoticable).

likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:03:34 AM

Wow...

BTC guy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:03:55 AM

no way

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:06:22 AM

But if you're just going to manufacture fake evidence by telling someone that they can censor something and then call them out for that censorship, that's not cool.

In all seriousness what he provided was not what was asked for at all, I can't even read any of his ID on one of my monitors because the backlight is slightly dim (normally unnoticable).
It's exactly what was asked for. Cut it out with this bullshit.

An ID that doesn't show the name on the Amazon account proves absolutely nothing, either way. If you want to ask for evidence, ask for something with that name on it.

likuidxd

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:12:19 AM

An ID that doesn't show the name on the Amazon account proves absolutely nothing, either way. If you want to ask for evidence, ask for something with that name on it.

+1 Maged

Ask nicely and you will get what you ask for.

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:14:05 AM

If the name on those pictures matched the amazon account and you wanted to buy his Amazon balance, would you accept those pictures as proof of ID? I personally wouldn't.

Anyways, I'm staying out of this from now on.

BTC guy

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:14:25 AM

ship first or go home

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:18:37 AM

If the name on those pictures matched the amazon account and you wanted to buy his Amazon balance, would you accept those pictures as proof of ID? I personally wouldn't.
No, so I wouldn't have asked in the first place. Don't ask for something when you know that the answer isn't going to matter anyway.

Anyways, I'm staying out of this from now on.
Thank you. I swear, this forum is turning into a witch-hunt.

Edit: Based on IP evidence, we have no reason to believe that this is newdude.

likuidxd

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:23:52 AM

Thanks for dropping by  Wink

BTC guy

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:24:19 AM

come again

Liberty Payout (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:27:07 AM

Amen. Thank you sir, after reading this I was relieved that this forum is not full of jackasses. I swear what I encountered so far was very similar to hazing. Thank you once again.
BTC guy

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:28:16 AM

it is like hazing. dont take it personal. we have good reasons for being suspicious. prove us wrong and carry on or go home.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:32:32 AM

Edit: Based on IP evidence, we have no reason to believe that this is newdude.

Thanks, that's reassuring.

Good luck in your future ventures Liberty Payout. Hopefully you and whomever you deal with will be able to come to a better understanding over what identity verification is required.

BTC guy, please do not use "we". Take responsibility for and make statements about your own actions, not the actions of others.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:35:53 AM

I swear what I encountered so far was very similar to hazing.
Yeah, that's exactly what it was. It's really getting irritating, though, since it seems that they are doing it more to legitimate users and not to the actual scammers. It's only been, like, 50% effective.

I have no problem with people informing people who may not have been around to see other scams what the risks with a certain trade could be. You really cross the line when you start putting out baseless accusations, however.

BTC guy

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:39:32 AM

im not the only one who is suspicious so i think "we" is appropriate. to be honest, i only jumped in cause he talked down to me even though i have more rep than him.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:44:16 AM

im not the only one who is suspicious so i think "we" is appropriate. to be honest, i only jumped in cause he talked down to me when i have more rep than him.
You should have asked him if he was willing to take escrow. I have more rep than you, and yet I'd still be just fine with using escrow.

Escrow, escrow, escrow. That's the word of the day, folks. Use it. If he's not willing to take escrow, THEN you can pull out your pitchforks.

likuidxd

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:44:47 AM

im not the only one who is suspicious so i think "we" is appropriate. to be honest, i only jumped in cause he talked down to me even though i have more rep than him.

"We" Does not constitute 3 users

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:46:15 AM

I also wonder why folks don't use escrow, even when handed to them on a silver platter with no fees. Seriously guys, if your cash flow is that bad, you have no business being in business!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BTC guy

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 01:51:31 AM

"We" Does not constitute 3 users
google search define we. we can be used even if its only one other person your referring to.

You should have asked him if he was willing to take escrow.
If he's not willing to take escrow, THEN you can pull out your pitchforks.
liberty payout, will you do escrow?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: