Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:35:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of Bitcoin  (Read 119554 times)
adog

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

I think bitcoin will be partly decentralized, partly regulated in future. Only this combination will allow it to compete with other world  fiat currencies.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:29:09 PM

decentralized,,
 what it is, and how it works for bitcoin to be accepted as currency. maybe you could please explain the language that can be understood by a layman like me  Cheesy
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 02:36:58 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 01:13:43 AM by Q7

bitcoin will rule the world of digital currency one day
it will be peoples first choice for online payments
and you will feel proud to be a part of bitcoin community
it will happen, but not in a fast time. even when its price is much bounce a few years ago.
do not make it recognized by the real world. changes do occur, and it takes the process to actually recognized

Nobody can predict what is going to happen next. Everyone seems to have the positive outlook but it could also mean other way round

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:41:32 PM

I think bitcoin will be partly decentralized, partly regulated in future. Only this combination will allow it to compete with other world  fiat currencies.

BTC should not be regulatedl, but exchanges should be regulated to protect users.
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

Nobody can predict what is going to happen next.
I can
Everyone seems to have the positive outlook
I do not.
nobanks4me (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:42:13 PM

No one agreed with my scenario that the banks will eventually buy up all the bitcoins to raise its price up and dump them to make a profit. Then they will introduce a service that will be a centralized version of bitcoin, and have the governments outlaw bitcoin.

I have another scenario that has gold, the oldest store of value, and Bitcoin, the newest form of money transfer, replace a collapsing dollar.
The link to the YouTube video is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=872B88VWm_s&list=UU9rOAPUfZe3KEja0vvFpe_A
The text is below:
Dollars, Gold and Bitcoin
There are about 165,000 tonnes of gold in the world. This can be represented by a cube with an edge length of about 20 meters. At $US 1,000 per troy ounce of gold, all the gold in the world would cost $US 5.3 trillion. There are about $US 4 trillion worth of coins and paper currency in circulation in the world.  $US 1.2 trillion are US coin and paper currency.  There are about 7 billion people in the world, and about 1 million of them hold BTCs. There are about 14 million BTCs in circulation. At $400 per Bitcoin, all BTCs in the world would cost $ 5.6 billion, a thousandth of what all the gold would be worth.   

If all the BTCs were equally divided, each person would have 0.002BTCs or about $US 0.80. Enough to buy a piece of bread. If all the gold was divided equally, each person would have 0.75 troy ounces of gold worth $US 750. Enough to make 5 finger rings. If all the currency was equally divided, each person would have $US 570.

Fiat currencies, like the US dollar, are not backed by anything except empty promises. Throughout history, they have a 100% failure rate of maintaining value. The US dollar lost 95% of its value since its creation by the Federal Reserve in 1913 by being indiscriminately printed to hide an ever increasing debt that enslaves people. History keeps on repeating our mistakes and we never learn from them. We keep swinging like a pendulum from quality money like gold to quantity currencies like debased coins or fiat paper notes and back again. Gold always delivers the knockout blow to debased currencies.

When currency is debased by printing too much of it, prices inflate and when people lose the purchasing power of their currency, they bid the price of gold up till it reaches or exceeds the value of all the currency in circulation. This has been repeated throughout history. Because the currency of all countries are fiat currencies that are backed by the US dollar, this repeating cycle is now happening at a global scale for the first time.
The cycle starts with the country issuing good money based on precious metals. The country develops economically and socially and builds public works and grows in affluence and influence. To defend their economic affluence and politic influence, they build up a military complex. The military is eventually used and expenditures explode. To fund the wars, governments steal the wealth of the citizens by debasing their coinage with base metals and expanding currencies in unlimited quantities. The loss in purchasing power of the expanded currency supply is sensed, prices increase and confidence in the currency decreases. A mass movement out of the currency into precious metals and tangible assets eventually collapses the currencies and raises the gold price.

There has never been a fiat currency in history that has survived. When the US dollar eventually dies, there will be a great world crisis because the dollar is the world reserve currency holding up all other currencies of other countries. For all crises, there are great opportunities. When the dollar collapses, new currencies have to replace it. Like the cycle of history shows, it will be based on precious metals in the beginning. Many of the few rich will lose their wealth. Wealth never gets destroyed, it just gets transferred, and a few of the many poor will become very rich.
At present, there is a global lack of confidence in the US dollar that is accelerating rapidly. The change to a new monetary system is inevitable and will be chaotic. One new candidate to replace the dollar is Bitcoin.

Both gold and BTC have their strengths. Gold has been in use as money for over 6,000 years and has a proven record to be one of the best ways to store wealth. Bitcoin is only a few years old based on new technology. It has been proven to be a reliable, safe, cheap and convenient method of payment. It is electronic cash that cannot be counterfeited, stolen and controlled and produced by any central authorities like governments and central banks, all of which have a proven record of over printing their currencies until they are worthless.

Gold and BTC make a great pair to act as a world currency. BTC by its definition and protocol can never be printed to any excess. The amount of its creation is inherent in its design and cannot be changed. Its cryptology protects it from being counterfeited, and its decentralized nature protects it from being hijacked by any centralized criminals be they legal banksters and politicians or illegal mafia. Its digital form makes it convenient to be transferred in our digitalized world.  It upholds all the requirements of money as an accountable medium of exchange with purchasing power such as portability, durability, interchangeability, divisibility and guaranty of not being counterfeited. The only requirements that are not met by BTC is its lack of having any inherent store of value over long periods of time. Gold has proven to be the best at that. BTC can act as digital gold and be like digital cash for transactions made on the internet.  BTC together with gold fulfills all the requirements that money should have, including that they cannot be indiscriminately printed to excess till they are worthless.   

Of the about million people who have BTCs, most of the BTCs are owned by only about 1,000 people. About a 100 of the 1,000 own most of the BTCs. Unfortunately, money, whether fiat paper, glittering gold or virtual BTCs breeds greed.   Once a form of money is created that cannot be owned by individuals in amounts greater that what they need and cannot be horded in amounts greater than they can spend, then and only then will world poverty be eliminated.

It is hoped that the new rich, the early adapters of the new monetary system, will be more like robin hoods than barons. If that happens to be Bitcoins, then there is a chance of that happening, because the early adapters of BTCs are mostly intelligent geeks born without a silver spoon in their mouths and born with the fortune of having experienced the humility of poverty and strengthened by the misfortune of being exploited economically. May their humbleness overshadow any inherent greed in their souls, and their strength help them in their resolve to blaze out new trails to world prosperity.   

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  Listen to the weekly altcoinsidekick.com podcast to understand what cryptocurrency is really all about.  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
AltcoinSidekick.com - CRYPTO Blog | Podcasts | Videos | Tools  ▬▬▬ ■
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:54:47 PM

in coming year we can see good news from many countries about bitcoin
first they will try to stop this and when they fails they will accept it to hide their failture , as there is nothing they can do other then accepting it and it is good for future bitcoin, i wish to see bitcoin price 2500$ in 2016
nobanks4me (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:01:33 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/citi-uk-government-should-create-digital-currency/

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  Listen to the weekly altcoinsidekick.com podcast to understand what cryptocurrency is really all about.  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:06:50 PM

Well The US stock-exchange Nasdaq is experimenting with incorporating the underlying technology of the bitcoin cryptocurrency into its pre-IPO trading arm, Nasdaq Private Markets. The whole notice:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/13/nasdaq-bitcoin-blockchain

I still think Bitcoin still a little baby
nobanks4me (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:38:21 PM

The banks and governments started to encourage the use of Bitcoin and replaced their coins and notes with Bitcoins. Then they replaced their plastic credit cards with chips that were implanted and that allowed money transactions to be made much faster and conveniently than with Bitcoin. They made their own centralized and regulated version of Bitcoin and called it i-coin.

After i-coin became convincingly more appealing than Bitcoin, i-coin became widely accepted. Bitcoin became outdated and old fashioned and the price of Bitcoin started to drop. Then there came a time where the only ones that were using Bitcoins were the ones that were afraid of the chip implants, and those that were afraid of the corrupt banks.

The link to the video is below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48ccZ27wfQ&list=UU9rOAPUfZe3KEja0vvFpe_A

Did anyone else tsee this coming?

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:31:02 AM

The banks and governments started to encourage the use of Bitcoin and replaced their coins and notes with Bitcoins. Then they replaced their plastic credit cards with chips that were implanted and that allowed money transactions to be made much faster and conveniently than with Bitcoin. They made their own centralized and regulated version of Bitcoin and called it i-coin.

After i-coin became convincingly more appealing than Bitcoin, i-coin became widely accepted. Bitcoin became outdated and old fashioned and the price of Bitcoin started to drop. Then there came a time where the only ones that were using Bitcoins were the ones that were afraid of the chip implants, and those that were afraid of the corrupt banks.

The link to the video is below

Did anyone else tsee this coming?

If number of that digital coin can be issued at will by the UK central bank, then there is no difference between that coin and present.
erik45beck

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:00:59 PM

bitcoin will rule the world of digital currency one day
it will be peoples first choice for online payments
and you will feel proud to be a part of bitcoin community

agree! At least we have something that nobody can control.
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:12:40 PM

It lasted for six years now and it's doing great if you ask me , even if I wasen't here from the beggining .
Bitcoin for now is successeful and it yes maybe it  won't last forever but It  will surely last till people realize that they need something else then cash or anything that goverment basically can control . but for now people simply don't give a single shit about what bitcoin is capable of and when they hear "bitcoin" they hear "silk road => drugs , weapons" also they simply don't care about their privacy .

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:38:09 PM

I am very curious about future
I have one question in my head
In future, will be appear another crypto currency like bitcoin? or another Satoshi Nakamoto?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:54:03 PM

In future, will be appear another crypto currency like bitcoin? or another Satoshi Nakamoto?

In what capacity do you count something as being 'like' bitcoin because there is a whole category of alt coins on this very forum and they're all 'like' bitcoin (though all completely unnecessary) all with their own secretive devs (but usually just because their coins are scams and they want to inevitably avoid prosecution).
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:24:10 PM

In what capacity do you count something as being 'like' bitcoin because there is a whole category of alt coins on this very forum and they're all 'like' bitcoin (though all completely unnecessary) all with their own secretive devs (but usually just because their coins are scams and they want to inevitably avoid prosecution).

As we know, there are many alt coins like dogecoin, litecoin, etc, but bitcoin is the universal crypto
I just curious about bitcoin rival(s), not bitcoin exchanging object like altcoin, that maybe will appear in future

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
erik45beck

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:45:54 PM

But as I know the first one was bitcoin actually?or not?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:26:10 PM

But as I know the first one was bitcoin actually?or not?

yeah of course, but there are some altcoin etilist, that want to remind to bitcoin that there was a coin called e-gold and that bitcoin is a clone of that, too bad they forgot that e-gold was centralized and it does not work exactly like bitcoin...

they are appearing all the time in the altcoin section, assuming that satoshi isn't dead, he could reveal himself again in the future for adding something innovative to bitcoin itself
nobanks4me (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:56:34 PM

It lasted for six years now and it's doing great if you ask me , even if I wasen't here from the beggining .
Bitcoin for now is successeful and it yes maybe it  won't last forever but It  will surely last till people realize that they need something else then cash or anything that goverment basically can control . but for now people simply don't give a single shit about what bitcoin is capable of and when they hear "bitcoin" they hear "silk road => drugs , weapons" also they simply don't care about their privacy .

Another interest shown by banks.
http://www.coindesk.com/eba-chairman-banks-must-understand-blockchain-tech/

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:07:14 PM

Another interest shown by banks.
http://www.coindesk.com/eba-chairman-banks-must-understand-blockchain-tech/

Just give it some time boys! Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: