Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:20:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:15:22 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 02:37:36 AM by FACTOM

We are pleased to announce a collaboration between Serica + Factom.
Read the details on our blog.
We have hosted a Hangout with the founders of both teams which you can watch below.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:31:45 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 02:32:41 AM by FACTOM

We are pleased to announce a collaboration between Coinapult + Factom.
We have hosted a Hangout with the founders of both teams discussing the announcement:

FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 06:46:19 PM

Bitcoin 101 - A Million Killer Apps - Part 2 - Blockchains & A Global Shared History

World Bitcoin Network (James D'Angelo) introduces Factom and Paul Snow in his latest video.

Very interesting historical reasons and use cases as to why Factom is needed.
We are hard at work to contribute to a better, more honest, and immutable record keeping.
Factom section starts at 29:16.
CreationLayer

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:08:16 AM

Coinapult partnership looks great.

Glad there's a partner for hedging, and coinapult is willing to open their books and be more transparent. Grin

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:05:08 AM

Very nice!  Keep those news coming, don't be like mastercoin ("we're working in the background, we're doing many things but no one knows that..")..  Wink
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:45:39 AM

it's a great Project.

Will watch this for sure.
YESConnie

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:43:03 PM

This is an excellent video!

Great to see Factom get its rightful praise!! Really exiting times we're living in.

Bitcoin 101 - A Million Killer Apps - Part 2 - Blockchains & A Global Shared History

World Bitcoin Network (James D'Angelo) introduces Factom and Paul Snow in his latest video.

https://i.imgur.com/IB3WYmc.png

Very interesting historical reasons and use cases as to why Factom is needed.
We are hard at work to contribute to a better, more honest, and immutable record keeping.
Factom section starts at 29:16.
YESConnie

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:51:09 PM

Absolutely! This is more great news.

Coinapult partnership looks great.

Glad there's a partner for hedging, and coinapult is willing to open their books and be more transparent. Grin

FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 02:33:44 AM

We are pleased to announce a collaboration between Tradle + Factom.
We have hosted a Hangout with the founders of both teams discussing the announcement:

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:28:09 PM

How do I invest??
I'm throwing my money at the screen nothing is happening. Help!
Take my money please!!! I want to invest tell me how.
I cannot wait to put ALL of my money into this.

They are partnering with Koinify for their Token Sale. If you read a few posts above it shouldn't be much longer.
Also looking forward to this! Factom to the moon!
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:32:23 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 11:23:48 PM by Blawpaw

To the uninformed user, and in particular for those who haven’t  even heard or don’t know what Bitcoin is and how it works, it can be hard to understand how Factom technology works.

Factom kinds a looks like Ethereum to me; it presents a decentralized autonomous solution that can be used in all areas. But in Factom case it works more like a semi- decentralized autonomous network because it’s based on a federated server model.

By introducing a futuristic and functional network Factom is introducing a new scale on top of the Blockchain – The Blockchain is a giant ledger where you can store anything, and everybody has access to; it is also an extremely versatile technology because it can be used for practically everything. For now we’re just using it for currency, but it can be extremely useful for various applications.

As I already heard Peter Kirby saying, Imagine the Blockchain as the TCP/ IP as the internet protocol that basically sends bits around then Factom can be the HTTP; the structured data that allows you to build the interesting and functional tools on top of that. Within this environment, Factom will be the application that structures, processes, stores and deploys data on top of the Blockchain. This way Factom becomes a completely new ledger that can be used for storing, auditing and managing data on top of the Blockchain without having to rely on the specific rules of the Blockchain because it uses its consensus algorithm to outstrip the Blockchain limitations. Factom decreases the cost of running millions of transactions while it introduces the needed speeds to manage an optimized processing of the data into the Blockchain ledger.

Factom presents a wide number of solutions for any business and has been gathering a lot of partnerships. That’s why I’m already envisioning it as the platform that will lead blockchain technology to mainstream adoption. I'm totally going all in with this one! Looking forward to getting my hands on some Tokens:P !
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:25:56 AM

Factum presents a wide number of solutions for any business and has been gathering a lot of partnerships. That’s why I’m already envisioning it as the platform that will lead blockchain technology to mainstream adoption. I'm totally going all in with this one! Looking forward to getting my hands on some Tokens:P !
Pitchman!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Blawpaw
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:10:12 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 11:24:46 PM by Blawpaw

Factum presents a wide number of solutions for any business and has been gathering a lot of partnerships. That’s why I’m already envisioning it as the platform that will lead blockchain technology to mainstream adoption. I'm totally going all in with this one! Looking forward to getting my hands on some Tokens:P !
Pitchman!

lol... I am a supporter, a believer in this technology and just for doing that you're calling me a Pitchman??? Can't I express what I think about the technology without being accused of promoting it. At least if that was the case, I would like to be paid! It makes no sense at all. If I were to make similar assumptions as you did, I would say everyone here is a Pitchman, and you're a troll...
Oh and if I was a Pitchman I would be selling something of superior quality and not inferior goods; FactOm (not factum Tongue) technology doesn't need a Pitchman to shout how great its technology is!
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 01:59:46 AM

Pitchman!

lol... I am a supporter, a believer in this technology and just for doing that you're calling me a Pitchman??? Can't I express what I think about the technology without being accused of promoting it. At least if that was the case, I would like to be paid! It makes no sense at all. If I were to make similar assumptions as you did, I would say everyone here is a Pitchman, and you're a troll...
Oh and if I was a Pitchman I would be selling something of superior quality and not inferior goods; Factum technology doesn't need a Pitchman to shout how great its technology is!

We thank you for the support, Blawpaw.

And the confirmation that he/she is not a pitchman is that the name is actually Factom not Factum, a pitchman would spell it right.
 Cheesy Grin

Blawpaw
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:12:31 AM

Pitchman!

Oh and if I was a Pitchman I would be selling something of superior quality and not inferior goods; Factum technology doesn't need a Pitchman to shout how great its technology is!

And the confirmation that he/she is not a pitchman is that the name is actually Factom not Factum, a pitchman would spell it right.
 Cheesy Grin

Yes at least Embarrassed ... that's a Fact... I hope i get the Token right Tongue
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:03:21 AM

Bitcoinist.net: Inside Bitcoins Berlin 2015 - Day 1 - Peter Kirby

Watch Peter Kirby present Factom at Inside Bitcoins Berlin.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:33:39 AM

Pitchman!

Cheesy Grin

Yes at least Embarrassed ... that's a Fact... I hope i get the Token right Tongue
The difference between going "all in" with a PoW cryptocurrency vs an ICO is that you invite scammers to target the technology. It's the same as the premined altcoins. I suppose if they offer a burn address for bitcoins that will suffice as proof they are not scamming. But they have to actually give you a working token, not a placeholder token. So far, I have not seen this offer. So to say you are "all in" is purely hype. I will take back the pitchman accusation when there is an actual offer of working factoids that are either bought through PoB or capital investment in the FACTOM network and not merely a pump and dump ICO

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
FACTOM (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:30:35 AM

The difference between going "all in" with a PoW cryptocurrency vs an ICO is that you invite scammers to target the technology. It's the same as the premined altcoins. I suppose if they offer a burn address for bitcoins that will suffice as proof they are not scamming. But they have to actually give you a working token, not a placeholder token. So far, I have not seen this offer. So to say you are "all in" is purely hype. I will take back the pitchman accusation when there is an actual offer of working factoids that are either bought through PoB or capital investment in the FACTOM network and not merely a pump and dump ICO

If you watch the video right above, Peter Kirby explains why there is a need for Factoids and what they are used for.
kjn311

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:36:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 11:06:04 PM by kjn311

How many total factoids?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:03:34 AM

The difference between going "all in" with a PoW cryptocurrency vs an ICO is that you invite scammers to target the technology. It's the same as the premined altcoins. I suppose if they offer a burn address for bitcoins that will suffice as proof they are not scamming.

Small unrelated question: Offering a burn address for bitcoins will make those bitcoins not-usable at all forever?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: