Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the coomunity is against preminig,how should developer survive?  (Read 1350 times)
timmy1979222 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:07:03 PM

The miners make their money,why should dev not have money,and no premine?
Whats the sense of this?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:30:52 PM

The miners make their money,why should dev not have money,and no premine?
Whats the sense of this?

Apologies for just figuring out why this is the second post of yours found in the wrong section.

cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:52:00 PM

devs dont need to survive

timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

If you can't survive then don't code experimental stuff. Get a job so you can buy food you know.

This line always sees to amaze me when coders really think bitcoin is free money land.

why the hell should a dev code for free?
and why you miners are allowed to make money?
timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:15:29 PM

If you can't survive then don't code experimental stuff. Get a job so you can buy food you know.

This line always sees to amaze me when coders really think bitcoin is free money land.

Because people are about to buy your shitcoin which you coded.

This means if you are a bad coder then you deserve nothing.
Why do you think they pump their coins ? So they don't have to use their brain first.
and where i earn from coin,if i dont make premine??
timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

Because people are about to buy your shitcoin which you coded.

This means if you are a bad coder then you deserve nothing.
Why do you think they pump their coins ? So they don't have to use their brain first.
and where i earn from coin,if i dont make premine??

If you invest your fucking money on it when its ultra cheap. And while you know yourself that you are so "AWESOME" that means you will be behind that coin for at least 5 months.

The value comes with your new experimental code which you understand and know how to fix bugs.

If you can't even do this shit, then don't touch any bitcoins please.
that makes sense, so zero premine is best then
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:27:05 PM

premines aren't bad in themselve, but large premine means usually large dump (before pump&dump group had a chance to dump their coin...   Grin).

And it is well known that many of the new coins are made by the same bunch of dev... leaving their coin to die once they have dumped their premine.

A better system is in my opinion the dev fee (doesn't prevent scam though...) and give incentive to keep the coin alive or a very long confirmation time say many months before the premine becomes spendable (or only small amount reserved for bounties...)

However the problem with coin without premine is that there is practically no bounty for anything... so...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:29:57 PM

premines aren't bad in themselve, but large premine means usually large dump (before pump&dump group had a chance to dump their coin...   Grin).

And it is well known that many of the new coins are made by the same bunch of dev... leaving their coin to die once they have dumped their premine.

A better system is in my opinion the dev fee (doesn't prevent scam though...) and give incentive to keep the coin alive or a very long confirmation time say many months before the premine becomes spendable (or only small amount reserved for bounties...)

However the problem with coin without premine is that there is practically no bounty for anything... so...

how the dev fee works,i never heard that?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:36:43 PM

premines aren't bad in themselve, but large premine means usually large dump (before pump&dump group had a chance to dump their coin...   Grin).

The coin dev collects a %age on each block (was done for talkcoin for ex. but that's a bad example  Grin since dev had the ability to manipulate at will the %age)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:40:05 PM

premines aren't bad in themselve, but large premine means usually large dump (before pump&dump group had a chance to dump their coin...   Grin).

The coin dev collects a %age on each block (was done for talkcoin for ex. but that's a bad example  Grin since dev had the ability to manipulate at will the %age)
and how to implement that into the code,and what community say for it?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:45:45 PM

Looking into the source of some wallet implementing it (not really my part...), the community seemed always ok with it (after it depends a bit how it uses... if the dev isn't too greedy and doesn't dump is fee directly onto the exchange which basically prevent the coin from getting any value, it is ok with the community)

djm34 facebook page
timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:56:41 PM

Looking into the source of some wallet implementing it (not really my part...), the community seemed always ok with it (after it depends a bit how it uses... if the dev isn't too greedy and doesn't dump is fee directly onto the exchange which basically prevent the coin from getting any value, it is ok with the community)
and how to implement that  into the code?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:58:50 PM

The coin dev collects a %age on each block (was done for talkcoin for ex. but that's a bad example  Grin since dev had the ability to manipulate at will the %age)
and how to implement that  into the code?
copy and paste... see how it is implemented in coins using that feature... then replicate...   Grin

djm34 facebook page
timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

The coin dev collects a %age on each block (was done for talkcoin for ex. but that's a bad example  Grin since dev had the ability to manipulate at will the %age)
copy and paste... see how it is implemented in coins using that feature... then replicate...   Grin
tnx man,i will look at that.
what do you say for forking a coin,and launching? will it have success??
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:04:35 PM

probably not

timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:06:54 PM

probably not
i guess,many coins are fork.at least you could add some features from other coins,and launch
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:25:42 PM

probably not
i guess,many coins are fork.at least you could add some features from other coins,and launch

problem is every new coin dev is trying that, the ones with any decent features are leaving those parts closed source. I guess no point spending 1000's hours coding stuff so someone else can hit copy and paste.

timmy1979222 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:29:30 PM

probably not

problem is every new coin dev is trying that, the ones with any decent features are leaving those parts closed source. I guess no point spending 1000's hours coding stuff so someone else can hit copy and paste.
i thought every code must be public at github. and how should closed code work,i mean they need for pool building the source
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 07:40:55 PM

and how to implement that  into the code?

probably not

I would tend to agree with that... (even if I gave the copy and paste solution).
and quite frankly it isn't a good time to release a good coin

djm34 facebook page
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:59:40 PM

hahaha, Miners make money? No, this hasn't happened since 2013.

Devs who scam make all the money now. Everyone else just watches crypto go into the toilet.

So sad!

You want to make money mining? You need a time machine.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: