Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Memory foam mattresses, valued at $2700 USD for $400 USD worth of BTC  (Read 4785 times)
longtimenosee (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 08:42:17 PM

these are legally obtained, right?

I'll see if I can get one of the mods to do the escrow. Also, do you offer any type of warranty with this or does it all go through the manufacturer?

Yes, they are. Ok Pm me once your ready. With the manufactures warranty there really isn't a need for any additional warranty's.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:08:14 PM

I have been asked to escrow this tx.
Fee of 0.5% will be paid by the seller.

Newly generated address for escrow funds:
1BAs2AZuGf7BW2upeAH3MYXPTfU9GhtaZy

Payment will be released upon confirmation by buyer.
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:12:25 PM

payment sent to DAT Escrow. DAT, can you please confirm? Thanks.

http://blockchain.info/address/1BAs2AZuGf7BW2upeAH3MYXPTfU9GhtaZy

I will PM shipping info to the seller.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:18:50 PM

Confirmed.

74.13 BTC received.
0.37 BTC reserved for my fee.
73.76 BTC will be sent to longtimenosee upon release by lolwut
longtimenosee (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 02:58:38 PM

Confirmed.

74.13 BTC received.
0.37 BTC reserved for my fee.
73.76 BTC will be sent to longtimenosee upon release by lolwut

Received confirmation of payment, processed order for shipment, will provide shipping confirmation to buyer, will be shipped via fedex. Thank you Smiley
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:26:12 PM

finally getting a good nights sleep!!!!
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:57:01 PM

There's no option for queen sized, is there?

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:18:02 PM

*** FRAUD ALERT ***

After the seller received confirmation the funds were in escrow, he sent me portion of what looked to be a receipt. The receipt showed My name and address as the billing and shipping info. Then he showed this:

Payment Information:
Payment Method: Prepaid
Items
Qty   Item #   Description   Price Each   Total
1   NS51200-GKG    12” Nature’s Sleep Memory Foam Mattress - King
$2,700.00   $2,700.00
Subtotal:   $2,700.00
Less Coupon  KFRV****:   ($2,700.00)
Subtotal:   $0.00
Tax :   $0.00
Shipping (FedEx Services):   $405.00
Free Shipping:   ($405.00)
Shipping Subtotal:   $0.00
Total:   $0.00
Balance Due:   $0.00

So I called Nature's Sleep at 877-557-5337. They have been having lots of issues with people using stolen credit cards to buy gift codes, then using the gift codes to place orders for people. They also said he ordered multiple mattresses with the same card. So if anyone else here orderes from him please speak up!!

Thats enough red flags for me, but theres more.

Nature's Sleep gave me his IP and email. His ip is a mobile device and it has only been used once on their entire website (my order). I am waiting to speak with someone in their IT department, as well as having them find out where the code he used came from. If this is just a coincidence, i apolgize in advance, but I'm quite doubtful.

(I will remove this post if this turns out to be an honest order.)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:23:37 PM

...wow. Goddamn carders leaching off of the Bitcoin community. Good thing we have trusted escrow providers.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:26:23 PM

...wow. Goddamn carders leaching off of the Bitcoin community. Good thing we have trusted escrow providers.

yeah, as soon as i saw my info on billing and shipping and the gift code, i had to call the mfgr.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:38:29 PM

lets hope he did a good job covering his tracks, because I'm very good at finding things.

Looks like the ip he was using belongs to an ATT tower in Lake Mary, Florida. That's about 20 minutes from where I live. More info to come.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:40:32 PM

Well the bad news is escrow doesn't provide any protection from carders.
If lolwut received the item and asked me to clear the escrow then I would have.

It would be 30-180 days later before either the company requests a demand notice for $2700 or the Police show up at his doorstep.

If anything this shows the limitation of escrow and the long reach of reversible transactions.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:43:51 PM

It would be 30-180 days later before either the company requests a demand notice for $2700 or the Police show up at his doorstep.

If anything this shows the limitation of escrow and the long reach of reversible transactions.

You're my hero  Grin
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:53:33 PM

Bravo
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:06:46 PM

You're my hero  Grin
Yeah it takes a few things; An escrow provider to make the scammer start the process, and a smart buyer that knows what a red flag looks like. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:16:46 PM

Damn good catch. I was waiting until your order cleared before I purchased one.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:20:33 PM

I just got off the phone with the company again. They verified this order IS FRAUDULENT. He ordered 2 kings and 2 queens on the same gift code. He has placed over 100 gift card orders using the same name. So either their website has been compromised or he has been carding up a storm.

the info he used for the orders:

ghostknight121@yahoo.com
786-863-9087
ip: 32.132.254.101

he's using att prepaids for phone/web to place each order. can we have a mod check the ip hes been using to access the forum? my guess is hes using tor.

DAT, if theres more info you need from me let me know. Nature's Sleep has offered to sell me the same mattress for $599, which is very nice of them.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:27:11 PM

I already used my voucher to place your order, now it will be a hassle to have it switched over since I don't have any open orders right now. If you were having concerns you should have addressed them before I placed your order. I am not sure what you said when you called but I thought it went without saying that if someone is able to get that good of a discount on a product then that means they know something you do not, im not sure what you said when you contacted them. If it were a fraudulent order and they so easily told you so then I am sure they would not plan on delivering the product. That goes without saying doesn't it? So when they do ship it let me know what you think then Wink As far as how its done, I will say that it is not fraudulent but an exploitation in a system which is 100% legal. Either way they win, i win, the customer wins. But let me know how you want to proceed soon, ideally within the next 3-4 hours because once they ship it then I technically am screwed and have to have you reship back to me  Sad
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:30:56 PM

Legal? Roll Eyes

lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:34:30 PM

100% legal exploit....lol
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: