Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:15:32 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It's happening! --- 3̶6̶0̶$̶ 4̶5̶4̶$̶ 502$  (Read 36471 times)
Addition

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:29:31 PM

It was a big correction, but its getting good support at this level.

It will remain volatile, its still a emerging market. I think it will remain within 300-500 for now.

Pretty wide range Cheesy   but yeah, think you're right! We'll be trading in this range short term (3weeks, my guess). Suits me, I like buying around here  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Addition

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:32:16 PM

^
The point is it ain't happening Undecided

It is Happening, allbeit slower than most btc owners would like but still getting there

There's actually a story behind this gif.  It was made when Bitcoin was trying to break 480.  It's now trying to break 380.
Not sure about slowly; it's happening, but in the wrong direction.
So ...unhappening?

You funny lambchop  Grin good man!

though Volume is still pretty high compared to rest of the year, so that's kinda still happening.
Coinshot

Activity: 523

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:35:19 PM

It was a big correction, but its getting good support at this level.

It will remain volatile, its still a emerging market. I think it will remain within 300-500 for now.

Pretty wide range Cheesy   but yeah, think you're right! We'll be trading in this range short term (3weeks, my guess). Suits me, I like buying around here  Wink

500 looks somewhat high, but when it rallies the momentum is too much so it may go upto that. I think we will remain in this range for this year.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ParabellumLite

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:39:26 PM

It is dehappening, as predicted.

Congratulations OP: you falsely called the bottom on a very risky, ambigious moment. The rally you described lasted for a staggering 10 days or so, before the bear market simply resumed. But really now: why would the market sentiment really just change overnight? Volatility in price might characterize this market, less so for volatility in sentiment though. In order to get out of this bear market, we first need to really bottom out. Which brings us back to: where's the bottom?

njcarlos

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:41:00 PM

where's the bottom?
You'll know when we're sideways for 6+ months.
thms

Activity: 401

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:52:30 PM

I've been telling you noobs, we are going to see 1 BTC < 100USD soon. That's when you must buy. Because after falling to <100USD, it will bounce back to multi thousand dollar value.
ParabellumLite

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:57:48 PM

I've been telling you noobs, we are going to see 1 BTC < 100USD soon. That's when you must buy. Because after falling to <100USD, it will bounce back to multi thousand dollar value.

I agreed completely until the second part of the last sentence. How delusional can you really get? This is again this flawed idea that another price rise to 1000-ish dollar MUST happen, and that it is a GIVEN fact. Which it is not, as that is simply relying on history and at the same time disregarding any competition out there for Bitcoin. Competition that can be seen as very mature by now, as there are a handful of 2.0 alternatives that are superior to Bitcoin in functionality.

If Bitcoin hits 100, it will be game over for sure. All that remains is a long, painful grind back to 0. The fanboys will remain as bagholders in the long run, only to be confronted with a very sobering reality.

erre

Activity: 896

Win up to 200$ in BTC-->http://freebitco.in/?r=78

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:58:15 PM

Why?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
erre

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:01:59 PM

I agreed completely until the second part of the last sentence. How delusional can you really get? This is again this flawed idea that another price rise to 1000-ish dollar MUST happen, and that it is a GIVEN fact. Which it is not, as that is simply relying on history and at the same time disregarding any competition out there for Bitcoin. Competition that can be seen as very mature by now, as there are a handful of 2.0 alternatives that are superior to Bitcoin in functionality.

If Bitcoin hits 100, it will be game over for sure. All that remains is a long, painful grind back to 0. The fanboys will remain as bagholders in the long run, only to be confronted with a very sobering reality.

I agree only with the second part of the sentence Smiley

So, I suppose we two both agree about the fact that it's really unlikely that btc price remains like that: in a few years btc will success, and so price will go to the moon, or fail, and so it will be worth nothing. Go bitcoin go!

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
NotLambchop

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:11:14 PM

If Bitcoin hits 100, it will be game over for sure. ...

I doubt it will be "game over."  Sure, there might be some weirdness with confirm time if it's a sudden plunge & miners shut down their farms en masse.  And it might be "game over" as far as Pinky and the Brain world-domination fantasies that permabulls keep trotting out.  But, as long as there are a few guys mining, Bitcoin will serve the purpose for which it was created--small-scale blackmarket commerce.  $100/BTC is just about right for that.
erre

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:01:18 PM

I doubt it will be "game over."  Sure, there might be some weirdness with confirm time if it's a sudden plunge & miners shut down their farms en masse.  And it might be "game over" as far as Pinky and the Brain world-domination fantasies that permabulls keep trotting out.  But, as long as there are a few guys mining, Bitcoin will serve the purpose for which it was created--small-scale blackmarket commerce.  $100/BTC is just about right for that.

Do you really think satoshi created bitcoin for small-scale blackmarket online commerce?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
NotLambchop

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:13:54 PM

Do you really think satoshi created bitcoin for small-scale blackmarket online commerce?

Does anyone honestly believe otherwise?
erre

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:19:02 PM

Quote from: NotLambchop

Me.
I am honest. I think that satoshi couldn't imagine such an evolution for bitcoin, and couldn't imagine the black market thing.
I sometimes think that he just took this as an experiment, just some more than a joke, and that he in fact lost the private keys for his btc stash... but I never think that he created btc to buy weed online

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:28:13 PM

Many, many, many people.  The technology itself is very impressive as are the non-blackmarket uses.  It would be useful for those who doubt the uses to do some research and reading on it!

The same FUD has been going on here (and elsewhere) since (at least) fall 2010.  "Bitcoin will never hit dollar parity, it is a fad, a ponzi, unfairly distributed, not useful, will crash, won't get miners...etc".

NotLambchop

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:44:15 PM

Quote from: NotLambchop

Me.
I am honest. I think that satoshi couldn't imagine such an evolution for bitcoin, and couldn't imagine the black market thing.
I sometimes think that he just took this as an experiment, just some more than a joke, and that he in fact lost the private keys for his btc stash... but I never think that he created btc to buy weed online

I was being a bit facetious, what I actually think is pretty dull, and goes like this:
Bitcoin was initially an experiment, a troll on the established notions/preconceptions of what money is.  That's what originally drew me in--it was both clever and hilarious, what's not to [geek] love?  But he certainly never set out to create dominant currency of the world--that sort of thinking came much later, from the penny stock speculator crowd.  
NotLambchop

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:55:12 PM

Many, many, many people.  The technology itself is very impressive as are the non-blackmarket uses.  It would be useful for those who doubt the uses to do some research and reading on it!

The same FUD has been going on here (and elsewhere) since (at least) fall 2010.  "Bitcoin will never hit dollar parity, it is a fad, a ponzi, unfairly distributed, not useful, will crash, won't get miners...etc".

I'm not arguing that the technology isn't impressive.  It's a workable, though somewhat Goldbergian solution to a riddle.  But a world currency it is not.

Many here don't understand what money is beyond "the evol banksters print it out of thin air and I'm getting screwed!"  Economic Luddites who want to unwind centuries of progress and return to some ancap/liber hypothetical ideal that falls apart at the first sight of reality.
ParabellumLite

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:57:06 PM

Sure, it might be able to operate in a nichemarket, but I don't believe it will be able to hold a value of 100 dollars in that case.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1428

btc tips: 1NPQP9Z4Ju6rTnH4uR6986kGVnEkpyYFJZ

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:03:11 PM

If bitcoin even reaches sub $200 level's it is certainly the beginning of the end imho.  Once you start having miners literally shutting down their rigs en masse it's only a matter of time until BTC has it's blockchain successfully forked by some unscrupulous player.

We are much closer to Andreas Antonopolous's new book "Why Bitcoin failed" becoming a best seller than most people realize or are willing to admit at this point sadly :/

LTC: LcTpDxXjVKkjbSHqPkhDVGaqauiD81snhD
ZEC: t1Jd1615qcMq1FQeXPdm1zvjVvnEMAamLNC
ETC: 0xea55ce08f8558c87dc85d4f3c3ebdf2afebbbe32
Addition

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:27:57 PM

Ah sh*t, more good news, therefore price is gonna goes down  Cheesy

Moz: http://www.coindesk.com/mozilla-accepting-bitcoin-donations/

Sonic-boom: http://www.coindesk.com/reasons-behind-bitcoins-price-media-hype/
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 10:59:57 PM

I just donated 15$ worth of BTC  to mozilla. they probably insta dumped the coins and that's why it's no longer happening!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.