Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GMP][X13] Gimpcoin | PoW completed | PoS 50% | C-cex | All-in-one Wallet  (Read 83610 times)
GimpcoinDev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:34:18 PM

agree with you there, all these previous scam coins make life harder for legit devs. i dont care POD it doesnt mean shit. results do. i just hope keeps us updated next time, im pissed because i  never got in at 1000 lol, under about 390k coins to be mined yet, who knows where price will go

I would say look at it like an experiment, it's something not really been done before (packing so much into the core wallet functionality) Turning the wallet itself into something useful and used regularly. Yes other coins have done it with some features but not to this extent, and the majority of coins make coins with features built externally as such on websites , not direct access from the wallet. (which at this point is completely debatable which is the better of the 2, external or internal)

The Dev has delivered regularly, there was a slip up and a delay with the code , but you have to understand that there will always be some problems when coding, it's like finding a needle in a hay stack sometimes, 1 single line of code out of 2000 is out of place and you have to search for it line by line. He has already shown proof he knows what he is doing (by being able to add the features and integrate them) i don't know the full extent of his coding abilities but he is at least adequate and better than the majority of other coins in a similar position and market cap.

you also have to remember that as the Dev and knowing how to code, he isn't likely a peoples person , talkative and chatty, he is the type that gets his head down focused and lost in his work until it is finished , a lot of the dev's of some of the top coins are similar psychologically. Hard working coders who lose track of time and become consumed in their work ignoring the rest of the world, which is what makes them excellent coders, but not so good when speaking to the public/supporters of the coin. It is better to have someone like this than a Dev who is all mouth talking to everyone and reassuring them everything is peachy and going to be ok when no actual work is being done.

The price will most likely rise from the price it is now, i couldn't say how much because the alt coin market is slower and far more stale than ever before so it's not really known how even the nex 2-3 months is going to be for alt coins in general , but hopefully it's not all doom and gloom.  

thanks for your words bro'.. you perfectly hit the point, i didnt mind about thread or investors.. my only thought was "get the wallet working"..

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erwin45

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:36:15 PM

agree with you there, all these previous scam coins make life harder for legit devs. i dont care POD it doesnt mean shit. results do. i just hope keeps us updated next time, im pissed because i  never got in at 1000 lol, under about 390k coins to be mined yet, who knows where price will go

I would say look at it like an experiment, it's something not really been done before (packing so much into the core wallet functionality) Turning the wallet itself into something useful and used regularly. Yes other coins have done it with some features but not to this extent, and the majority of coins make coins with features built externally as such on websites , not direct access from the wallet. (which at this point is completely debatable which is the better of the 2, external or internal)

The Dev has delivered regularly, there was a slip up and a delay with the code , but you have to understand that there will always be some problems when coding, it's like finding a needle in a hay stack sometimes, 1 single line of code out of 2000 is out of place and you have to search for it line by line. He has already shown proof he knows what he is doing (by being able to add the features and integrate them) i don't know the full extent of his coding abilities but he is at least adequate and better than the majority of other coins in a similar position and market cap.

you also have to remember that as the Dev and knowing how to code, he isn't likely a peoples person , talkative and chatty, he is the type that gets his head down focused and lost in his work until it is finished , a lot of the dev's of some of the top coins are similar psychologically. Hard working coders who lose track of time and become consumed in their work ignoring the rest of the world, which is what makes them excellent coders, but not so good when speaking to the public/supporters of the coin. It is better to have someone like this than a Dev who is all mouth talking to everyone and reassuring them everything is peachy and going to be ok when no actual work is being done.

The price will most likely rise from the price it is now, i couldn't say how much because the alt coin market is slower and far more stale than ever before so it's not really known how even the nex 2-3 months is going to be for alt coins in general , but hopefully it's not all doom and gloom.  

+1 , small error for the code is like finding needle on the haystack Smiley

so we are all clear Smiley dev delivers what he promised again, price rising almost 3x since the instant dump to 800 btc because some people panicking Smiley, good to see where this will go again

broadsword

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:40:49 PM

nice i like the wallet. just bit put off it now i see it. having c-cex in wallet is like when people add trex  trading to wallet and btctalk is like when they added irc feature to wallet. we need unique  features i think.
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

nice i like the wallet. just bit put off it now i see it. having c-cex in wallet is like when people add trex  trading to wallet and btctalk is like when they added irc feature to wallet. we need unique  features i think.

I think if you or anyone in the community has any ideas for any additional unique or otherwise wallet features, then the Dev would have no problem working with your ideas and implement them into the wallet. 
erwin45

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:45:26 PM

dev said about adding some pools options in wallet too  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

btw @gimpcoindev

how about making some pool about the next thing to implement?
perhaps gimp annon browser?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

GimpcoinDev (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:48:44 PM

maybe you dont know that almost all devs say "We'll add C-Cex in wallet", in truth they send a message to a user of the community (i cannot say who) asking to build it for them.. then they pay him and you believe dev is a dev.. in truth that user is the dev.........

in GIMP case: im the dev.. the only who has complete source code

moreover, no one before put paper wallet generator, dice game and slot machines in wallet.. and even BTCtalk.. so i dont understand what you are saying

anyway, if u have any suggestion im here
GimpcoinDev (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:53:44 PM

dev said about adding some pools options in wallet too  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

btw @gimpcoindev

as i told before.. gimp anon browser wasnt in original roadmap.. i can work on it, but the priority now are GIMPcoin and GIMP OS.. i will work some time on anon browser, but the huge works on it will be after GIMP OS release
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:55:12 PM

btw @gimpcoindev

as i told before.. gimp anon browser wasnt in original roadmap.. i can work on it, but the priority now are GIMPcoin and GIMP OS.. i will work some time on anon browser, but the huge works on it will be after GIMP OS release

Whats the progress on GIMP OS?
kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:55:23 PM

maybe you dont know that almost all devs say "We'll add C-Cex in wallet", in truth they send a message to a user of the community (i cannot say who) asking to build it for them.. then they pay him and you believe dev is a dev.. in truth that user is the dev.........

in GIMP case: im the dev.. the only who has complete source code

moreover, no one before put paper wallet generator, dice game and slot machines in wallet.. and even BTCtalk.. so i dont understand what you are saying

anyway, if u have any suggestion im here

Great job dev !!
erwin45

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:55:38 PM

btw @gimpcoindev

GIMP OS is good too Smiley im waiting for this Cheesy

GimpcoinDev (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:59:32 PM

btw @gimpcoindev

First contest (Desinger/themer): HardRoad

Second contest (c++): i had no time to organise it yet due to new wallet release. as soon as i organised something, i'll announce second contest
rhkazani1

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:04:38 PM

btw @gimpcoindev

First contest (Desinger/themer): HardRoad

Second contest (c++): i had no time to organise it yet due to new wallet release. as soon as i organised something, i'll announce second contest

Great! Take your time! Keep us informed!
sciakysystem

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

great work dev, wallet is awesome!! waiting pools page, it's useful Smiley

running on this way gimp will be a great coin, good luck dev
Juantzy

Activity: 122

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:52:53 AM

still no exchange?

rhkazani1

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:04:02 AM

still no exchange?

Its on C-Cex already!
Kisokos

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

still no exchange?

Its on C-Cex already!

Yeah, trex would be nice for a mature coin like this. We should make this happen, tweet the sh*t out of the trex guys Smiley

PIMP me: PF2uEET6CDtcUD7YnT1gU471ARSLrpZ1Yz
erwin45

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:03:26 AM

still no exchange?

Its on C-Cex already!

Yeah, trex would be nice for a mature coin like this. We should make this happen, tweet the sh*t out of the trex guys Smiley

this coins cant do it on its own, we should tweet it more and ask trex to list this Smiley

rnameltc

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 07:20:01 AM

Again good work from the DEV. Congrats for the wallet. I'm sure your efforts will be paid off and the coin price will jump.
hardroad

Activity: 224

█ If you want logo pm me █

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:22:25 PM

DEV PM Wink

GimpcoinDev (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 04:53:06 PM

today i was absent 'cause i'm out of town.. (as i told also lasl week, my wife needs weekly cares 'cause she has a rare disease)..

anyway, even at 300km from my office, i have 2 coming soon news for you:

- GimpCoin WebSite
- Pools page in wallet

I'm back tomorrow, probably with both this 2 news ready.

Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: