Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 108324 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 08:53:36 PM

Interesting how I just magically disappeared off of this list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:36:54 AM

My fee has reduced to 1%.

The escrow fee has been reduced to 1% for the month of August to celebrate over a year of securing transactions on the forum.
Need Bitcoin held for a large or small trade, need collateral held for a loan, etc.? I can assist. Just start a group message with the full terms of the transaction and I can give you a hand!

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:12:59 AM

Quoting for visibility.
Aleator

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 11:51:49 AM

I have used monbux so far because of his big trust and %0 fee and so far he has been awesome.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Interesting how I just magically disappeared off of this list.

You were not in the list (IIRC), were you? You are/were probably in Squall's escrow list.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 06:38:28 PM

Hi... i stop escrowing bitcointalk forum accounts. I made an announcement about that here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159502.new#new and gave some tips and my templates for other escrows. Maybe some new escrows want to establish some trust as escrows and might find that useful. Smiley

I still escrow the normal things but the accounts seem to be a service with very limited use and a lot of time needed for. I simply can't put that amount of time into anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:49:22 PM

I just noticed that my fees are not updated here. It used to be minimum of 0.1, but since 2013-12-27 it was lowered to 0.03. I don't know why I missed that. (Maybe only because I'm no longer in the big 5. However, I also notice a "vacancy".)

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:12:24 PM

I just noticed that my fees are not updated here. It used to be minimum of 0.1, but since 2013-12-27 it was lowered to 0.03. I don't know why I missed that. (Maybe only because I'm no longer in the big 5. However, I also notice a "vacancy".)

I've updated it! Thanks for letting me know.
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:29:42 PM

I am new and thank you for entertaining my questions, but can someone explain to me how this escrow service works?  I see that some of the people on this list have a 0% interest rate.  Does this mean that they do not charge for their service?  Please explain this and how the process works so that I know how I will be protected as a person giving a loan.  Thank you in advance.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 12:38:52 PM

Basically the escrow is the middle man that keeps both parties safe during the trade.

Say that User A wants to buy an item from User B, but neither want to send first for fear of the other not completing the deal. The escrow steps in and keeps both people safe during the trade. Here is how it works...

-User A sends the Bitcoins to the escrow

-Escrow confirms they have the Bitcoins and tells User B to ship the item

-User A receives the item and tells the escrow to release the Bitcoins to User B

Escrow just holds the funds to make sure both people live up to their end of the deal. Some escrow do charge a % as a fee (it does require some effort so they like paid for it).

knightkon

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:14:35 PM

Basically the escrow is the middle man that keeps both parties safe during the trade.

Say that User A wants to buy an item from User B, but neither want to send first for fear of the other not completing the deal. The escrow steps in and keeps both people safe during the trade. Here is how it works...

-User A sends the Bitcoins to the escrow

-Escrow confirms they have the Bitcoins and tells User B to ship the item

-User A receives the item and tells the escrow to release the Bitcoins to User B

Escrow just holds the funds to make sure both people live up to their end of the deal. Some escrow do charge a % as a fee (it does require some effort so they like paid for it).

Thank you for the information.  I understand this a little better.  How does an account get escrowed? And if the the borrower does not pay, how does the seller get the account sold to get his money back or something along those lines?

.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Rampton

Activity: 525

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:04:45 PM

Thank you for the information.  I understand this a little better.  How does an account get escrowed? And if the the borrower does not pay, how does the seller get the account sold to get his money back or something along those lines?

The person gives their account details to the escrow to hold on to as collateral until the deal has been completed. IF the person defaults then you get the account.

Skyripper

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:37:01 PM

How escrow will help, if User A received the item but tells that he did not, and asks his money back?
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 05:30:53 PM

How escrow will help, if User A received the item but tells that he did not, and asks his money back?

Dealing with physical goods is tricky and most escrows won't deal with it as it involves the risk you mentioned and the solution for that is an escrow can lay out terms in which he will receive the goods first and then send it to buyer but that requires escrow to give out his personal info, such as name, address, telephone etc. and which is why most of the escrow refuse to deal with physical goods. As far as digital goods is concerned they can be tracked and buyer can't claim that he didn't receive the goods.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
knightkon

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:31:04 PM

The person gives their account details to the escrow to hold on to as collateral until the deal has been completed. IF the person defaults then you get the account.
What is stopping someone from giving their account information then changing it to secure it?

.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 11:54:36 PM

What is stopping someone from giving their account information then changing it to secure it?

The escrow would change the password and email address. Once the escrow secures it and has the funds they hand over the new details to the buyer. Buyer secures it then escrow releases the BTC to seller.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 12:42:31 PM

I am new and thank you for entertaining my questions, but can someone explain to me how this escrow service works?  I see that some of the people on this list have a 0% interest rate.  Does this mean that they do not charge for their service?  Please explain this and how the process works so that I know how I will be protected as a person giving a loan.  Thank you in advance.

Since i don't take a fee too i might explain my motivation.

I'm here since years and i was scammed alot. Mostly by securities that turned bad by being a scam or having inept businessmans. So with being escrow i can help others from being scammed.

I don't take a fee because i want. In fact people like that and i would think that i get even more that way than having a fixed percentage fee. The reason is that users like not being charged. And most, when they are happy, will tip me something at the end. Additionally this is making me happy because i know then that my service is appreciated. I would not know that in this way when i would demand a fixed fee. Smiley

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:12:22 PM

Hi... i stop escrowing bitcointalk forum accounts. I made an announcement about that here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159502.new#new and gave some tips and my templates for other escrows. Maybe some new escrows want to establish some trust as escrows and might find that useful. Smiley

I still escrow the normal things but the accounts seem to be a service with very limited use and a lot of time needed for. I simply can't put that amount of time into anymore.

I did escrow an account once, it was a nightmare, so I wont do any more.

But mainly I wont do it on principal now, think about it, if everyone is buying and selling accounts, how do you know who your dealing with?

the only two reasons to buy an account, either you are doing sig campaigns or you need an account with history to make you seam more trustworthy, IMO both are pointless.

actually just thought of a third, is there a noob limit to PM's and posting? in any case, I still dont think it's worth it. Bitcoin is all ready a anonymous platform, to change the pitch as the goal posts move about is stupid.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 01:24:13 PM

I did escrow an account once, it was a nightmare, so I wont do any more.

But mainly I wont do it on principal now, think about it, if everyone is buying and selling accounts, how do you know who your dealing with?

the only two reasons to buy an account, either you are doing sig campaigns or you need an account with history to make you seam more trustworthy, IMO both are pointless.

actually just thought of a third, is there a noob limit to PM's and posting? in any case, I still dont think it's worth it. Bitcoin is all ready a anonymous platform, to change the pitch as the goal posts move about is stupid.

I agree with you, the trading of accounts is a not so good thing. At first i thought the only reason to buy an account would be to scam with it.

Though i escrowed a lot accounts and the most reason seems to be trading account, so as in resell them and/or farming signatures. It seems some people do this alot.

Till now i'm not aware of an account i escrowed that was used for scamming afterwards. Only it happened that i escrowed an account where the new owner had to fight against a loan that came to light afterwards, wasn't paid back by the previous owner. And i took a hacked account into escrow. Since i forgot to ask for the signature i refunded the lender, who took that account as collateral. Cost me 0.12 Bitcoins. Roll Eyes

Escrowing accounts is really time consuming. You have to check a so enourmous amount of things that it is no fun.

But regarding if selling should happen... i think it is better the sales happen like they happe now. That way there is a trail in private messages that, for example, badbear can follow. If trading of accounts would be forbidden then you can be sure that it still would happen. Only hidden. And it would be way harder to find out if an account was bought.

So i think it can't be avoided anyway, so it's better to do it in relative public.

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:20:38 AM

In light of recent events, I have removed quickseller.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: