Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 108329 times)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:55:14 PM

I would like to add myself to this list:

Code:
[table][tr]
[td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=290195]knightdk[/url][/td]
[td]1% (minimum of 0.01[btc])[/td]
[td]Bitcoin[/td]
[td]Available[/td]
[td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1373968.0][ANN][/url][/td]
[/tr][/table]
The list is no longer being maintained it seems, either way new submissions in the list is pretty strict. I wouldn't count on you joining the list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6595

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 12:44:58 AM

Please sign messages from every 1+ year old address (bctaccountprice - request failed )
Please use this form to sign a message:
Code:
I'm knightdk from bitcointalk.org. Today is 2/23/2016

I have already provided a signed message from the aforementioned post.

freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:39:17 AM

either way new submissions in the list is pretty strict. I wouldn't count on you joining the list.
The moral of the master-P scam story was not to stop people from escrowing but to be suspicious of everyone and not to just go by trust score.I think a one year old user is not that bad for typical trades.

Please sign messages from every 1+ year old address (bctaccountprice - request failed )
Code:

Verified
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 11:33:56 PM

Please provide singed messages from every staked address which is atleast 1 year old.
I have a problem with bcttalkaccountpricer.info please someone post here his info because I got error.
I can only provide a signed message from 16m... which I have already posted. Here is my info on the site: http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=ogttg070. Most of the addresses it lists are addresses that I do not control because they are either not mine or are an exchange's or service's address.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 12:01:51 AM

Please provide singed messages from every staked address which is atleast 1 year old.
I have a problem with bcttalkaccountpricer.info please someone post here his info because I got error.
I can only provide a signed message from 16m... which I have already posted. Here is my info on the site: http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=ogttg070. Most of the addresses it lists are addresses that I do not control because they are either not mine or are an exchange's or service's address.

Can you sign message from atleast one of the addresses posted in 2014?
No.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 01:01:28 AM

I just wanted to warn everyone:  There are multiple (brand-new) accounts being created trying to scam using me as an escrow.

This is how they are working:

They work out a deal with a seller, offering BTC.  They have no problem with escrow.

Once the deal is set and the scammer and seller needs to find an escrow, the scammer sends the seller this:

Just had a pm from monbux -

***THIS IS A FAKE PM, I DID NOT SEND PMS LIKE THIS***
Hi username_here,

No probs acting as Escrow for your trade.

Please forward the link below to my main Escrow thread on the forum to fake like to escrow -

*Fake bitcointalk.org link, with a replicated thread that has a different ESCROW ADDRESS*

Trade = (insert trade details)

After the funds have been deposited to my Escrow address in the first post ask (escrow) to pm myself and you the transaction I.D.  When you have confirmed the transfer you are safe to make payment.

NOTE: Please send payment by registered post with tracking!

@ escrow, drop me a pm when you have been paid and ill release the funds to username_here

Thanks,

monbux

These PMs have already scammed multiple users.  Please, always, CHECK FOR THE ACTUAL ESCROW'S CONFIRMATION.  Ask for a PGP signed message.  Stay safe everyone.
brazilcoins

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:18:06 AM

Anyone available please do escrow now for me here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1377200.new#new . I will be waiting.
bitcrystal

Activity: 419
Merit: 252

Crashgambler.io - Crash Gambling Guide

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:20:58 AM

i think that people the have projects make updates and the have at least full member here in the forum have interests to this community and want make a condition to the forum... and this peoples have a higher trust for me as peoples the registered with only write a one post to a project that he want have for free here what otherwise costs money for example in freelancer

░▓██▓▓██▓ 
          ▓██████████░
         ███ █████ ███
       ░████ ██████ ██
      ▒█████ █████ ██▓
     ▓███████████████
   ░██████▓████████▒ 
     ████████████▒   
    ▓██████▓▓██▒     
   ▓████▓▒  ░▓       
  ▓██▓░             
 ░▓                  
CrashGambler.io█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
NO ENTRY FEE
$550 GRANDPRIZE
🏆 HIGHEST MULTIPLIER WINS
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 01:15:26 AM

ezeminer

Account selling is up to escrow discretion in my opinion. I personally wouldn't sell, and I wouldn't escrow because there is nothing to say accounts could be attempted to recover, used for scamming or any other things.

Well, the last thing can be prevented relatively good by checking the account out properly. Though some things can't be checked 100%. For example a signed message for an address might be beaten with an even older address. Or loans could be done through other means. Though the escrow can explain the buyer those risks which would end up making the deal more safe for the buyer. And you would not believe how many account trade scams would happen without some escrow doing it.

Besides... account trades are not rewarding as an escrow in form of tips. And the time needed is 10th of times higher than for normal trades since you need to check the account out. I use that list for checking: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362297

Blazed

It is amazing how many accounts get traded here per day. Before I stopped offering escrow I would get a tons of requests per week for account trades. If I had to guess I would say 5+ get traded per day here (likely a lot more). Looks like they are lacking an escrow these days till Sebastian returns....

OgNasty wrote something similar though I really don't escrow accounts often. Though I can imagine when an escrow vanishes then buyer and seller, maybe indepentendly start to contact all the other escrows and soon it looks like a huge amount of trades. Cheesy

You might be below the actual amount of trades with your 5+. Though mostly traded are accounts worth $20 or even lower. I stopped escrowing them so I don't get asked often anymore but there were alot more requests for those accounts back then.

SFR10

To escrow providers that are avoiding the whole account trade deals, why just don't make a rule of leaving the account (new owner) a neutral feedback of telling, the following account is under a new ownership. Any feedback prior to this date would be inaccurate. I think something like that would be a good step plus at the same time, it won't give that much of freedom to the buyer to scam someone in the future (unless some fail to read the feedback).

It would be the same like when theymos and staff tried to forbid account trades. It was simply useless. The only effect was that the trades did not happen through forum pm's anymore. So at the end staff not even was able to see what happened and what was traded. As far as I understand it it was allowed again to allow them to have some insights.

mexxer-2

I had to laugh when I saw your new avatar. Back then we joked on the forum that all the scammers already announced their character by naming them properly. Pirateat40, nefario and whatelse they all were named. So "criminal mastermind" does actually not look like the best idea. Cheesy

knightdk

Code:

Well, not saying that you bought the account but the ability to sign even for an older address can not really proof that you are the original owner. The original owner could have sold you the private key of the signing address. A signature only can ensure that an account was not taken against the will of the original owner.

So it's never a good idea to post addresses you don't have the private key for or losing a wallet because of missing backups. It can be deadly for your trust.

Anyway, I hope you are legit since we had enough scandals...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:37:49 AM

I have relaunched my escrow service. With a minimum tip of 0.01BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708658.msg14067468#msg14067468

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:44:37 AM

mexxer-2

I had to laugh when I saw your new avatar. Back then we joked on the forum that all the scammers already announced their character by naming them properly. Pirateat40, nefario and whatelse they all were named. So "criminal mastermind" does actually not look like the best idea. Cheesy
I like my avatars to be a reference of sorts, in this case its a reference to Artemis fowl(Which I found has another fan in the staff  Grin).

I have relaunched my escrow service. With a minimum tip of 0.01BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708658.msg14067468#msg14067468
Yeah IDK why, but marco has been slacking off on updating the list. So, might take a while to get yours updated
Edit: Also, congrats on the Legendary upgrade
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 07:56:56 AM

Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know. Wink

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 09:09:55 AM

mexxer-2

I like my avatars to be a reference of sorts, in this case its a reference to Artemis fowl(Which I found has another fan in the staff  Grin).

Ah ok. I had to google the name though. Tongue Well, I wonder if it is more widely known by others since it looks a bit strange when a trader might get told to use an escrow named mexxer-2 and when he wants to he sees he might be a criminal mastermind. Cheesy

Maybe I overrate the possible effect. Smiley

bitcrystal

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:12:15 AM

Sorry for my bad english. This is a translation of google translate.

I have made a intresting experience. It is not at all depends on how active someone is here. But rather like what know you appreciate doing. I'm talking for example of my projects. People who to thank for my work because they have, for example, developed in-house applications. These are more willing to donate to also say thank you for your work as such people but never have what published for free on a accoun the is here active for years.

What I mean to say you can only really tell whether you can trust someone when the time among themselves takes to understand and get to know him. It does not help him to other reviews to be considered because, reviews of other are subjective.

The best way to a picture makes himself whether one can trust someone.

░▓██▓▓██▓ 
          ▓██████████░
         ███ █████ ███
       ░████ ██████ ██
      ▒█████ █████ ██▓
     ▓███████████████
   ░██████▓████████▒ 
     ████████████▒   
    ▓██████▓▓██▒     
   ▓████▓▒  ░▓       
  ▓██▓░             
 ░▓                  
CrashGambler.io█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
NO ENTRY FEE
$550 GRANDPRIZE
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 09:39:06 AM

I have made a intresting experience. It is not at all depends on how active someone is here. But rather like what know you appreciate doing. I'm talking for example of my projects. People who to thank for my work because they have, for example, developed in-house applications. These are more willing to donate to also say thank you for your work as such people but never have what published for free on a accoun the is here active for years.

What I mean to say you can only really tell whether you can trust someone when the time among themselves takes to understand and get to know him. It does not help him to other reviews to be considered because, reviews of other are subjective.

Sure the ratings are subjective. But they surely are better than nothing. Especially people on default trust are MOSTLY, not always, trustworthy, so trusting their judgement is better than seeing a blank trust rating.

And surely trust is gained through things like you describe. Though for other forum members it still would be usefull to read the reviews from your customers. Well, at least if they don't all come from newbies they can be trusted.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:52:34 AM

Well, I wonder if it is more widely known by others since it looks a bit strange when a trader might get told to use an escrow named mexxer-2 and when he wants to he sees he might be a criminal mastermind. Cheesy
Meh, I've got many escrow requests even with the avatar. F*ck those who don't get the reference  Tongue
bitcrystal

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:03:21 AM

Sure the ratings are subjective. But they surely are better than nothing. Especially people on default trust are MOSTLY, not always, trustworthy, so trusting their judgement is better than seeing a blank trust rating.

And surely trust is gained through things like you describe. Though for other forum members it still would be usefull to read the reviews from your customers. Well, at least if they don't all come from newbies they can be trusted.
yes you have right but what is if a guy here have buyed his good ratings?
yes right but if you have to work with people that give you a bad review because they can not appreciate your help what you do then? Then you will be punished for your good nature and others then think poorly of you you do wrong because you're innocent or it actually mean only good.

yes you have right but if you work with guys the not can estimate for example your work here. For example i develop more years and release projects here for free. If you help guys to install your work but then you know that the guys have dont make free work for others and can not estimated develop works because they don't have develop works for free to the community here then is this rating useless.

therefore i try to make my own picture and goes sure,save my work, if i give anybody root access etc. Then everybody can have bad ratings but he is a good guy and that its the problem.

░▓██▓▓██▓ 
          ▓██████████░
         ███ █████ ███
       ░████ ██████ ██
      ▒█████ █████ ██▓
     ▓███████████████
   ░██████▓████████▒ 
     ████████████▒   
    ▓██████▓▓██▒     
   ▓████▓▒  ░▓       
  ▓██▓░             
 ░▓                  
CrashGambler.io█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
NO ENTRY FEE
$550 GRANDPRIZE
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 11:15:13 AM

mexxer-2

Well, I wonder if it is more widely known by others since it looks a bit strange when a trader might get told to use an escrow named mexxer-2 and when he wants to he sees he might be a criminal mastermind. Cheesy
Meh, I've got many escrow requests even with the avatar. F*ck those who don't get the reference  Tongue

I heard of it. Well, I'm not sure how widely known it is. But even if not, the effect might be zero. Probably only established members know the fear of such names. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

bitcrystal

yes you have right but what is if a guy here have buyed his good ratings?
yes right but if you have to work with people that give you a bad review because they can not appreciate your help what you do then? Then you will be punished for your good nature and others then think poorly of you you do wrong because you're innocent or it actually mean only good.

yes you have right but if you work with guys the not can estimate for example your work here. For example i develop more years and release projects here for free. If you help guys to install your work but then you know that the guys have dont make free work for others and can not estimated develop works because they don't have develop works for free to the community here then is this rating useless.

therefore i try to make my own picture and goes sure,save my work, if i give anybody root access etc. Then everybody can have bad ratings but he is a good guy and that its the problem.

Buying good ratings is not allowed and you can  be sure that people are around that would alarm everyone when it looks like this is happening.

If you receive a bad rating then you don't need to care when this person is not on default trust. If he is then you can try to proof your innocence but no one can force him to remove it. You then can only try to proceed and get positive ratings from other default trust members to negate the effect of the red trust.

Actually I know some people that even have default trust red but I can't agree to these ratings. I still would trade with them then. For example some receive red trust only for their fiery temper and such. Cheesy

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 11:53:08 AM

Buying good ratings is not allowed
Buying trust is not disallowed by the forum rules, but it is highly frowned upon and if people notice that you do it, you'll get a shitload of negative trust ratings. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 12:48:40 PM

Buying good ratings is not allowed
Buying trust is not disallowed by the forum rules, but it is highly frowned upon and if people notice that you do it, you'll get a shitload of negative trust ratings. Grin

Ah ok, sounds consequent since trust related things normally are not dealt with by the moderators.

I guess it will be pretty hard anyway. You would need to approach so many users that the chance of being called out is pretty high.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: