Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 108329 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:52:16 PM

I always use coin control. All escrows should, or something like it. (Separate physical wallets or separate wallet files also works.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:59:19 AM

mmmm but why shorena is not in the list already? he left him service?
or it's a temporary break?  Huh

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 02:00:29 PM

I dont have a thread and I never officially announced that I do escrow. I just say yes most of the time when Im asked. Im not really a full time escrow if you will, mainly doing it to help out.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 02:18:52 PM

I dont have a thread and I never officially announced that I do escrow. I just say yes most of the time when Im asked. Im not really a full time escrow if you will, mainly doing it to help out.

Though most escrows on the list are online less often than you are, I think. You would be wondered how many uses write to 5 escrows at a time and the first answering is dealt with. Or I answer some hours later and they already went another way. Other escrow or without escrow at all. Cheesy

Might not be bad if you are there as an alternative. Many escrows even are online only once a day or so.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:02:58 PM

I find that there are some other people also offering their escrow service. But those are not mentioned in this list. One of them is Neotox, who is offering free escrow service also.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1277639.0
Bit1334271

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:17:14 PM

What is criteria for using this escrow is this official from forum or they all doing personally if I need to use any escrow then I have to post here or sending Personal Message is better and safe for any exchange
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 07:20:35 PM

What is criteria for using this escrow is this official from forum or they all doing personally if I need to use any escrow then I have to post here or sending Personal Message is better and safe for any exchange

First the escrows are not official but they are offering their service, the big 3 and others are trusted enough to deal as they have many deals in the past but always deal at your own risk.

P.S You should contact them directly if you need their escrow service.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 08:47:55 PM

First the escrows are not official but they are offering their service, the big 3 and others are trusted enough to deal as they have many deals in the past but always deal at your own risk.

P.S You should contact them directly if you need their escrow service.

I think untrusted escrows don't make it in this list. Only when you are trusted to some extent you can apply on here. At least many already wanted to but were not big enough yet.

Another point might be that adding another escrow always contains the risk of adding a scammer that acted as a good guy. I know that I became very cautious with suggesting other escrows now. Roll Eyes

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:28:52 AM

I prefer the non-instant escrow contracts, usually these are physical items shipped, or when the buyer and seller can wait a few hours.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 09:31:25 AM

I prefer the non-instant escrow contracts, usually these are physical items shipped, or when the buyer and seller can wait a few hours.

Yes, I mean some escrows seem to be online all the time, even without a script that automatically checks the forum and lets them look like being online. Though it can't be done for all. So I often lose escrow requests because I'm answering too late. Tongue

Though another good thing is that deals where the trading partner try to push you and are in a rush, are not seldom a scammers attempt to hide an error in the product. Hopes the escrow doesn't check the item in escrow well enough or so.

So better not letting someone push you.

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:44:50 AM

Yes, I mean some escrows seem to be online all the time, even without a script that automatically checks the forum and lets them look like being online. Though it can't be done for all. So I often lose escrow requests because I'm answering too late. Tongue

Though another good thing is that deals where the trading partner try to push you and are in a rush, are not seldom a scammers attempt to hide an error in the product. Hopes the escrow doesn't check the item in escrow well enough or so.

So better not letting someone push you.

BitPop says his machine is on 24/7 and it refreshes (paraphrasing here) every hour.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:04:32 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 01:16:20 AM by Timelord2067

I always use coin control. All escrows should, or something like it. (Separate physical wallets or separate wallet files also works.)

I've been having a think about this in another thread - this is talking abut a third party generating a vanity wallet, however, it's application for the transfer of funds or goods has application. (If the Escrow is set up to do this)

Had a think about the farming work out for week(s) at a time work:  You ( shorena ) are contacted by a person wanting work that will take one or more weeks to solve.  You contact me to see if I am interested and I send you a Part Public key of mine which you generate a key with the prefix (something memorable ) for example... 1TL2o67 or 12o67TL (the latter I estimate to take about 15 mins at 11MKeys/sec to reach 50% mark)  You advise the person requesting work of this wallet address and they pay the full amount into that wallet.

You advise me of the wallet address and I confirm payment via http://blockchain.info/address/12o67TLetcETC and begin mining with the details provided using the third parties Part Public Key.  When I find the required solution, I send the found Part Private Key to you ( shorena ), you forward to the client who confirms it's validity.  You then send me the part Part Private Key for the 1TL2o67 / 12o67TL wallet and from those funds I then send you a small token agreed to previously.

for example...
You have reinvented escrow, very nice!
One suggestion though: get a shorter prefix, like 1Time. It's 30 times faster to find, you don't want it to take hours if the 15 minutes for 50% turns out to be unlucky.

for example...
You have reinvented escrow, very nice!
One suggestion though: get a shorter prefix, like 1Time. It's 30 times faster to find, you don't want it to take hours if the 15 minutes for 50% turns out to be unlucky.

True
Code:
12o67
was instantaneous even with the Part Public Key I used - I thought for the example I'd use something a little more identifiable with my own account instead of just

Code:
12345 or
1abcd
1abcdef

With a random generator I could have said

Code:
1TX4s4
1HGYti
1htbLL
19meDb
1bHcXM
1Wxn8J
17vYSO

which would leave the client clueless as to who was doing the actual mining.  I feel with a shortened moniker this would allay any concerns about a self escrowing scam being committed...

To transpose this into the transfer of crypto to fiat, Regardless of which one is contacting the Escrow , the escrow either asks the seller or buyer for a Part Public Key depending on who is receiving what...

(and PayPal is a reversible method of payment)

small token agreed to previously

means the escrow can request a fee or donation for doing this.

Thanks for reading...

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:15:31 AM

As with DannyHamilton 's discussion at the top of the (now last) page, I expect scammers will get very cold feet when pressed for this methodology, true there is a risk the person sending to this wallet will get burnt, but the one on the receiving end will never get the funds either.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:20:21 AM

Timelord2067

I have read your post a couple of times and looked in the thread it's from but I don't really see what it's for. What's the advantage I would want to ask but in fact I only see that the address would contain TL, so it might be coming from you.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:38:41 AM

Timelord2067

I have read your post a couple of times and looked in the thread it's from but I don't really see what it's for. What's the advantage I would want to ask but in fact I only see that the address would contain TL, so it might be coming from you.

I'm not certain what it is you're asking.

The 12067TL would take about 15 mins at 10MKeys/sec to reach 50% to generate a wallet with someone's Part Public Key where as 1TL2067 would take 8 hours at 10MKeys/sec to generate to the 50% benchmark.  As I also said in the post, it could as easily been

1rT58FX
1nBAtGy
1YbZurX
1eoiHkf
1oPwnYx
1mdCeN6

which have varying degrees of timing.  generating a distinct wallet was only a suggestion, possibly for cross checking later.

But what do you think of the concept for Escrow?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 10:59:05 AM

Timelord2067

The 12067TL would take about 15 mins at 10MKeys/sec to reach 50% to generate a wallet with someone's Part Public Key where as 1TL2067 would take 8 hours at 10MKeys/sec to generate to the 50% benchmark.  As I also said in the post, it could as easily been

1rT58FX
1nBAtGy
1YbZurX
1eoiHkf
1oPwnYx
1mdCeN6

which have varying degrees of timing.  generating a distinct wallet was only a suggestion, possibly for cross checking later.

I feel dumb to say that but I really don't have a clue what it's purpose can be. Cheesy Or what can be reached with it. What the advantage against multisig would be, for example. The things to do sound similar time intensive like multisig. Three parties involved, all three parties have to do something. And would it cost something to mine for such vanity keys or is it practically free now?

kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:47:01 AM

Timelord2067

1rT58FX
1nBAtGy
1YbZurX
1eoiHkf
1oPwnYx
1mdCeN6

I feel dumb to say that but I really don't have a clue what it's purpose can be. Cheesy Or what can be reached with it. What the advantage against multisig would be, for example. The things to do sound similar time intensive like multisig. Three parties involved, all three parties have to do something. And would it cost something to mine for such vanity keys or is it practically free now?

Yes it is better to go with multisignature. Scammers can easily generate vanity addresses and start their fake escrows outside bitcointalk.
Just as an example look at how scammers could duplicate OGNasty's vanity address.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:14:41 PM

Yes it is better to go with multisignature. Scammers can easily generate vanity addresses and start their fake escrows outside bitcointalk.
Just as an example look at how scammers could duplicate OGNasty's vanity address.

I'm going to have to phrase an answer for you both in a few hours time.

In my example the 12o67TLExampLe1a1a1a wallet is generated for payment from the customer by shorena who is negotiating the generation of a vanity wallet by myself ( Timelord2067 ) for Alice.  Alice provides her Part Public Key for the generation to occur 1Alice123abcExample

kerrisyrus235

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:28:51 PM

please advise me how to contact them for trade here using the escrow system here? need to have an escrow to minimize the risk.are those escrows trustworthy?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 11:30:55 PM

please advise me how to contact them for trade here using the escrow system here? need to have an escrow to minimize the risk.are those escrows trustworthy?
Just send the escrow a PM with the details of the trade. Make sure that you check the escrow's ANN thread for exact details on what you should do and what the escrow will do. The escrows listed on the OP are considered trustworthy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: