Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker  (Read 1811506 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:37:48 PM

Did you know almost every gold bug would laugh at everyone here for putting their USD into something as stupid as bitcoin instead
of buying physical gold?

Bringing up gold to compare to bitcoin is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

At this moment bitcoin's p2p digital currency is a fast and most secure way of transferring wealth.

You will see how difficult it can be to travel with physical gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
majamalu
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:15:43 PM

but once people like David Morgan, Mike Maloney or Jeff Berwick take a look at bitcoin,

Jeff Berwick is already a bitcoiner.

he is?

The militant kind.

http://elbitcoin.org - Bitcoin en español
http://mercadobitcoin.com - MercadoBitcoin
steamboat

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:27:10 PM

Bitcoin is better then gold in every way...
nope. i said this before, there are 2 main arguments against bitcoin:
1) bitcoin did not come out like a wining commodity and also become money, there was no "natural selection" like in case of gold and silver, gold and silver removed salt, stone, big stones, colored stone and allot of other stuff that was used like money ( a good read for spanish ppl http://www.casadellibro.com/libro-historia-del-dinero/9788449322945/1565423 )
2) there is no "natural demand" for bitcoin in the same way there is a natural demand for gold in some industries and for jewels

point 1) I don't understand. Why is natural selection necessary and how can you argue bitcoin was/is not subject to this kind of thing.

Point 2) is ridiculous. You're saying gold is better because it's shiny?!? The regression theorem has been talked about a lot in regards to bitcoin  and I think it does apply to bitcoin and is misinterpreted by many. I'm looking forward to Peter Surdas (lonelyminers) just-finished paper on this and other subjects. I'm looking forward to discussing this on the forums.

1) There have been many tries at making e-money, none came close to the having the same kinda of dedicated FAN base, as bitcoin does.  

2) Not sure what you mean, If you NEED bitcoin to buy something you can't get without bitcoin, would you consider that "natural demand" for bitcoin

If you're correct on point 2, I submit silkroad supplies natural demand. Whether you agree with the politics/morals of it or not, they have done more for bitcoin as a proof of concept for use as a medium of exchange than any other site out there.

Not to mention offering an effectively "free" coin anonymising service Tongue

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:35:28 PM

If you're correct on point 2, I submit silkroad supplies natural demand. Whether you agree with the politics/morals of it or not, they have done more for bitcoin as a proof of concept for use as a medium of exchange than any other site out there.
u can buy weed with usd and bitcoin still act like money, the full quote can help you

1) bitcoin did not come out like a wining commodity and also become money, there was no "natural selection" like in case of gold and silver, gold and silver removed salt, stone, big stones, colored stone and allot of other stuff that was used like money ( a good read for spanish ppl http://www.casadellibro.com/libro-historia-del-dinero/9788449322945/1565423 )
2) there is no "natural demand" for bitcoin in the same way there is a natural demand for gold in some industries and for jewels

the point 2) some in a way is solved by NameCoin since there can be a natural demand and NameCoin have a purpose other that "money" so NameCoin is closer to gold that bitcoin, gold--namecoin--bitcoin, because bitcoin is made up money just like the EURO, it was designed to be money it did not become money  

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:48:52 PM

u can buy weed with usd and bitcoin still act like money, the full quote can help you

You can't buy MY weed with USD, i only take CAD or BTC  Cheesy

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:08:56 PM

point 1) I don't understand. Why is natural selection necessary and how can you argue bitcoin was/is not subject to this kind of thing.

Point 2) is ridiculous. You're saying gold is better because it's shiny?!? The regression theorem has been talked about a lot in regards to bitcoin  and I think it does apply to bitcoin and is misinterpreted by many. I'm looking forward to Peter Surdas (lonelyminers) just-finished paper on this and other subjects. I'm looking forward to discussing this on the forums.

1) There have been many tries at making e-money, none came close to the having the same kinda of dedicated FAN base, as bitcoin does.  

2) Not sure what you mean, If you NEED bitcoin to buy something you can't get without bitcoin, would you consider that "natural demand" for bitcoin

regarding 2):Those are 2 different kinds of demand: silkroad demand is demand for the monetary features of bitcoin. Jewelery and electronics applications are demand for non-monetary features of gold. Now the regression theorem seems to say that there has to have been a non-monetary demand for the commodity at some point in the past for it to be used as money. The reasoning I think is that the first guy to accept the commodity as money needed to have at least some assurance of value of the commodity, which could only at this point be it's non-monetary value, because he could have no reasonable expectation of other people accepting the commodity as pure money. I think bitcoin has proven this wrong. Why did the guy give pizzas for bitcoin? Did he have reasonable expectation these bitcoins might be accepted as money. Probably yes.

Some argue bitcoin is the closest mankind has come to "pure money", because it has absolutely no use other than as a money.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:48:31 PM

regarding 2):Those are 2 different kinds of demand: silkroad demand is demand for the monetary features of bitcoin. Jewelery and electronics applications are demand for non-monetary features of gold. Now the regression theorem seems to say that there has to have been a non-monetary demand for the commodity at some point in the past for it to be used as money. The reasoning I think is that the first guy to accept the commodity as money needed to have at least some assurance of value of the commodity, which could only at this point be it's non-monetary value, because he could have no reasonable expectation of other people accepting the commodity as pure money. I think bitcoin has proven this wrong. Why did the guy give pizzas for bitcoin? Did he have reasonable expectation these bitcoins might be accepted as money. Probably yes.

Some argue bitcoin is the closest mankind has come to "pure money", because it has absolutely no use other than as a money.

Yes, ironically, these very observations of what makes ideal money birthed a discipline which could be called the "science" of money.  Knowledge of what constitutes "perfect" money and how close bitcoin comes to it has caused people to value bitcoin for its future potential.  So "marginal utility" became unimportant. 

So knowledge of the definition of money rendered that definition incorrect (at least in a partial, relatively trivial manner).

myself
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:11:12 PM

if you accept that bitcoin is "pure money" then you have to accept that euro is also "pure money"

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:20:34 PM

but once people like David Morgan, Mike Maloney or Jeff Berwick take a look at bitcoin,

Jeff Berwick is already a bitcoiner.

he is?

The militant kind.

maybe he talks about it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0XY6pQ3ORU

AGAIN, where's the wall pics?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:24:52 PM

if you accept that bitcoin is "pure money" then you have to accept that euro is also "pure money"

No I don't.  You don't make the rules.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:43:13 PM

Touché lol
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 08:05:13 PM

Virtex just had a mini rally from 11.75 to 12  ~400 coins bought  Cheesy
and then someone took a dump,  down to 11.35!

Some might say watching smaller bitcoin markets is useless, as they simply follow MtGox
I do not agree, I would not of been able to call the bottom, if i had no looked closely at the actions of Virtex traders during the plunge.
Virtex has a mind of its own and does not simply fallow MtGox...

It is clear to me Virtex price is being suppressed by people selling off for a profit. I suspect the same thing is happening on MtGox on a larger scale.

We will be going sideways, until this profit taking period is over, then price will explode! Up Up Up!

Wink

kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 08:10:55 PM

Some might say watching smaller bitcoin markets is useless, as they simply follow MtGox

I'm one of those people that would say that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 08:26:27 PM

you just wait and see...
We are entering a stable period, despite the increased demand, due to profit taking.
I believe the profit taking is minimal, and will not deplete the increased demand. So I predict the stable period will be short lived (no more then 2 weeks) and we will head higher once its done.
 Grin

Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 08:42:22 PM

I think the Mt.Gox GBP market is interesting  Cheesy

8.04712 GBP ~ 12.8955098 USD

myself
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 08:57:06 PM

there are no rules if you consider something that was designed to be used as money you need to consider every single thing that was designed with same intention money

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 08:58:44 PM

there are no rules if you consider something that was designed to be used as money you need to consider every single thing that was designed with same intention money

Bitcoin was designe to be fair money.  The euro was designed to concentrate power.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 09:13:12 PM

damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:33:21 PM

Schizophrenic?  Grin
bitboyben

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:34:41 PM

I like using Canvirtex. I find it frustrating sometimes how much they lag in price though.  I'd like to see Mtgox become a bit more user friendly for Canadians. There would be a big bump in price and volume at Canvirtex IMO as arbitrage kicks in. Right now I only have Arr!-bit-rage!

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
If you don't like the price of BTC come back in 8 hours.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1189 »
  Print  

Jump to: