Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:56:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay | Decentralized Marketplace | Unmoderated Thread  (Read 52718 times)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:52:15 PM

Bob is certainly not my boss. Dont ever wanna hear his name. And stop calling me a liar, get off my case and go harrass people that deserve it for once.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:54:38 PM

Bob is certainly not my boss. Dont ever wanna hear his name.

As posted, indirectly he is. He's the one calling the shots.

Very easy to not being called liar: Don't tell lies. Or half truths.
elenorrigby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:24:29 PM

Barrabas. Really entertaining to hear your talk. You are like a dog determinedly searching for a bone several feet away from from where it is actually buried. Or a ladder leaning against the wrong wall.

So full of yourself. And so missing something very obvious.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:26:44 PM

I dont lie to people get that straight through your head. I'm getting tired of this shit. If you have issues with Bay then take it up with them.

Bob is not my boss indirectly either, hes a bad guy and i dont want to hear his name again.
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:34:06 PM

I dont lie to people get that straight through your head. I'm getting tired of this shit. If you have issues with Bay then take it up with them.

Bob is not my boss indirectly either, hes a bad guy and i dont want to hear his name again.

David, I suggest you to ignore those fucktards and don't waste one freaking second to post on those threads. Anybody know them already. That's what they are, that's their limit. Don't bother

And P.S. You fucktards, get your things straight, Botshitplus is nothing but a low life scammer, not some whale or shit how the bunch of you believe he is. Just a poor canadian scammer. Nothing more.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:41:25 PM

And nobody pressures me to keep quiet about finances. Ever. You dont know what goes on, you have no clue you are getting upset with the only good guy and you dont see it because you keep making some very stupid assumptions.

I'm doing it for a reason than more than just myself and it would never be to protect the likes of the people you mentioned. At all.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:43:35 PM

David, I suggest you to ignore those fucktards and don't waste one freaking second to post on those threads. Anybody know them already. That's what they are, that's their limit. Don't bother

And P.S. You fucktards, get your things straight, Botshitplus is nothing but a low life scammer, not some whale or shit how the bunch of you believe he is. Just a poor canadian scammer. Nothing more.

Yes this is accurate. God awful people Bob and his friend i dont ever want to hear their names mentioned. And I hope they live very long lives to since they live with the ultimate curse of having to look at themselves in the mirror on a daily basis.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:47:19 PM

You all should not let you fool by barabbas aka IconicExpert. Either he have interests in getting this coin cheap or he is pissed because nobody want to buy his Bytecent scam and Bay is stealing volume on his coin  Cool

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:50:49 PM

And nobody pressures me to keep quiet about finances. Ever. You dont know what goes on, you have no clue you are getting upset with the only good guy and you dont see it because you keep making some very stupid assumptions.

I'm doing it for a reason than more than just myself and it would never be to protect the likes of the people you mentioned. At all.

But you in fact are. The "chinese". He claims he allowed Bobsurplus in to promote BAY... Well fact is he's in and in full control. So yes you are working for him. And no, unless you come clean officially -and time is running out- you are not thr only good guy, in fact you will be the worst of the bad guys -and the better paid too-, so stop the nonsense or live with the consequences. Very simple.

You may think the problem is in Taiwan but the shots are being called from Canada.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:56:19 PM

Say I want out of the coin but my funds are locked in the pegging scheme. I just sell him my wallet.dat and he sends me btc for it. We can use a trusted escrow and presto I have bypassed the pegging.

This.

I can't understand how such unrelated concepts could become entangled - markets and coin mechanics. You can't control a market with an algo. Buyers decide prices not algos and there's no point in restricting supply if there are no buyers.

This concept of pegging is seen from the perspective that the currency concerned is *exclusive*. i.e. it's the only currency in the world and the market has to use it because it has to have liquidity. In that case - yes, this approach would work. But what's missing from the model is that this isn't the only currency. If buyers don't want to pay a dollar per coin for Bitbay they'll just use another currency that only costs them a cent per coin instead.

If they don't want to pay a dollar per coin for smart contracts then they'll just use another coin that costs a cent per coin for smart contracts.

I can only see one scenario where this type of "pegging" algo could work and that's where there is some broader commercial context where the use of this coin is mandatory - i.e. the buyer cannot purchase the item they want without using Bitbay. For that to happen you need massive pre-existing and well established marketplaces to adopt because it won't be possible to "grow" them due to said demand deficiancy from peoepl not wnating to pay a dollar a coin as described above.

But I've seen no allusion to such large scale commercial markets. It's not specified anywhere as part of the project plan or even as part of the pegging model (which it should be because control over supply is useless without a corresponding level of demand if you want to "fix" a price).

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:58:14 PM

You all should not let you fool by barabbas aka IconicExpert. Either he have interests in getting this coin cheap or he is pissed because nobody want to buy his Bytecent scam and Bay is stealing volume on his coin  Cool

How much of a retard can you be? BYC is trading at 100% plus its ICO price and hss never even come near its ICO price since the mess of a launch that it was. Amzing, simply amazing...

And not only was I the strongest critic of IE's pretending that the mess of the launch was "normal", but actually forced the refund from bittrex... which I took... by the way not my most brilliant decision since I could have more than trple my investment.

You must be some new kind of stupid, really.
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

Say I want out of the coin but my funds are locked in the pegging scheme. I just sell him my wallet.dat and he sends me btc for it. We can use a trusted escrow and presto I have bypassed the pegging.

This.

I can't understand how such unrelated concepts could become entangled - markets and coin mechanics. You can't control a market with an algo. Buyers decide prices not algos and there's no point in restricting supply if there are no buyers.

This concept of pegging is seen from the perspective that the currency concerned is *exclusive*. i.e. it's the only currency in the world and the market has to use it because it has to have liquidity. In that case - yes, this approach would work. But what's missing from the model is that this isn't the only currency. If buyers don't want to pay a dollar per coin for Bitbay they'll just use another currency that only costs them a cent per coin instead.

If they don't want to pay a dollar per coin for smart contracts then they'll just use another coin that costs a cent per coin for smart contracts.

I can only see one scenario where this type of "pegging" algo could work and that's where there is some broader commercial context where the use of this coin is mandatory - i.e. the buyer cannot purchase the item they want without using Bitbay. For that to happen you need massive pre-existing and well established marketplaces to adopt because it won't be possible to "grow" them due to said demand deficiancy from peoepl not wnating to pay a dollar a coin as described above.

But I've seen no allusion to such large scale commercial markets. It's not specified anywhere as part of the project plan or even as part of the pegging model (which it should be because control over supply is useless without a corresponding level of demand if you want to "fix" a price).

Check this one: https://bter.com/trade/nbt_btc
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

This.

Zimbeck's pegging idea is comically absurd. But that is way beyond the current scope of the scam. And therefore not even deserving comment.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:04:22 PM

This.

Copy wallet.dat??? Horrible idea. Then they would both have the private keys once the coins unlock. No that would not work.

And it has nothing to do with exclusivity. People choose hedging coins as a stable hedge against bitcoin for trading. And you can copy it 100 times just the same way anyone can follow the recipe for chicken soup. But in the end, the best chicken soup wins. So the coins with not only the best tech but also the best marketing and brand.

And you can grow a pegged coin. I'm not starting at a dollar. It is impossible to go below the peg price since the supply is simply locked. A series of rules forces people to use scripts and those rules are enforced by miners. Not only is there a video on it, but im always willing to discuss it as well.
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:06:09 PM

It's fucking working: https://bter.com/trade/nbt_btc
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:08:48 PM

DUHHH! But according to barrabas it cant be done even though it has been done. TWICE (NBT and BitUSD) using different theories to do it too. lol
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:09:29 PM

DUHHH! But according to barrabas it cant be done even though it has been done. TWICE (NBT and BitUSD) using different theories to do it too. lol

Don't bother with that idiot, he can't comprehend 2+2=?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:10:57 PM

How much of a retard can you be? BYC is trading at 100% plus its ICO price and hss never even come near its ICO price since the mess of a launch that it was. Amzing, simply amazing...

And not only was I the strongest critic of IE's pretending that the mess of the launch was "normal", but actually forced the refund from bittrex... which I took... by the way not my most brilliant decision since I could have more than trple my investment.

You must be some new kind of stupid, really.

Call me stupid but I have seen your posts in libertycoin thread as you forgot to log out and posted with your wrong ID. A lot of other people also seen it. You better make a new account bimbo. Your crap talk is not longer working here  Cool

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:22:11 PM

It is impossible to go below the peg price since the supply is simply locked. A series of rules forces people to use scripts and those rules are enforced by miners. Not only is there a video on it, but im always willing to discuss it as well.

You're only talking about supply. I watched that but it only describes the mechanics of controlling the supply.

You don't control a price by controlling supply. You still need the guy on the other side of the trade to click the "buy" button. How does that fit into the scheme of things ? How to you make him buy having jacked the price up many thousands of a percent from where it is now and given him umpteen incentives to run a mile from a currency who's velocity is so heavily rigged ?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:29:44 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 10:41:39 PM by barabbas

This is beyond stupid, amazingly so. But I won't go into details of that exercise in absurdity until everyone has it clear for what it is the scam that BAY is and in which you are an accomplice.

And, again, the only relevant question, the only one: Who is selling  all they can at 1/3 and below the price of the ICO?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: