Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:53:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay | Decentralized Marketplace | Unmoderated Thread  (Read 52720 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:02:39 AM

Only mod of btct can delete posts here. This is not a censored thread.
Kronenberg

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:12:08 AM

Only mod of btct can delete posts here. This is not a censored thread.

Scare Card =Zimbeck.  Lol.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 05:26:43 AM

Apologies if I sound crass, but is there a tl;dr version of what happened with the ICO/IPO if BitBiay and what the complaints are? These threads are too long.
Kronenberg

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:40:34 AM

Apologies if I sound crass, but is there a tl;dr version of what happened with the ICO/IPO if BitBiay and what the complaints are? These threads are too long.

Best TL / DR so far of this whole sorry mess (from Barrabas):

Remainder for those who insist on not wanting to keep track:

-- The chinese crooks, Lin and "Steven", still own around 400 MILLION coins

-- Zimbeck the Turd still owns 100 MILLION coins. He also has collected around 300 BTC so far.

-- Bob the Rat and Ryan the Weasel, not only have walked away with roughly 1,000 BTC altogether ALREADY, but the still hold approximately 40 MILLION coins.

Do with this info whatever you please. You are dealing IN ALL CASES, with the worst scum on the face of Planet Earth.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 05:47:21 AM

-- Zimbeck the Turd still owns 100 MILLION coins. He also has collected around 300 BTC so far.

-- Bob the Rat and Ryan the Weasel, not only have walked away with roughly 1,000 BTC altogether ALREADY, but the still hold approximately 40 MILLION coins.

Do with this info whatever you please. You are dealing IN ALL CASES, with the worst scum on the face of Planet Earth.
Is there something more comprehensive? Did the team not deliver what they promised? What are the scam accusations? If it was an IPO/ICO, isn't it normal for the team to own a portion of BTC and the alt?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:35:16 AM

Is there something more comprehensive? Did the team not deliver what they promised? What are the scam accusations? If it was an IPO/ICO, isn't it normal for the team to own a portion of BTC and the alt?

Of course it isnt normal! It is raw thievery in fact. Precisely the purpose of an ICO is to FUND THE PROJECT, not to LINE GHE POCKETS of the devs. It is generally accepted though that honest devs (what a laughable conceot, by the way), will pre-mine or "buy" in ICO/IPO, up to 1% of the coin. Anything beyond that is simply a scam by whatever definition. Devs gets serious profit ONLY if coin successful and then no more than many other investors that risked their money supporting and msking the project possible. Simple as that.
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:39:55 AM

The tl;dr varies depending whom are you listening too. There are a lot of shills in here too so its difficult to sort out.

As far as I understand, the BitBay team used their own funds to pump up the ICO, and after that fell out over ways to divide the BTC raised.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

goosoodude

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:54:43 AM

I dont believe its true. If I had that kind of money I wouldve gone for some pretty chicks, not the ugly ones in this picture.

Thats a bit below the belt is it not ? No need to get personal about innocent civilians caught up in this mess.

Lighten up!

Still waiting for the organizational flow-chart of shame Tongue

I need a Interstellar type cross chart.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:59:47 AM

I delivered the smart contracting wallet. And I plan on continuing to deliver. This thread is a paid FUD thread. You are a Hero member, this should be apparent to you.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:01:20 AM

Of course it isnt normal! It is raw thievery in fact. Precisely the purpose of an ICO is to FUND THE PROJECT, not to LINE GHE POCKETS of the devs. It is generally accepted though that honest devs (what a laughable conceot, by the way), will pre-mine or "buy" in ICO/IPO, up to 1% of the coin. Anything beyond that is simply a scam by whatever definition. Devs gets serious profit ONLY if coin successful and then no more than many other investors that risked their money supporting and msking the project possible. Simple as that.

I'm pretty sure they sold most of those coins.
goosoodude

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:04:13 AM

Do you have an estimate how much is left to sell?

Are you ever planning on making the code open source?

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:12:36 AM

Halo is obfuscated however, i can give it out for building purposes. Am thinking of putting that on github. Its been around for a year.

I'm going to open source when i finish my dev work and open it up to other coins.

I'm thinking they sold it all and moved on.
goosoodude

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:15:29 AM

Halo is obfuscated however, i can give it out for building purposes. Am thinking of putting that on github. Its been around for a year.

I'm going to open source when i finish my dev work and open it up to other coins.

Thanks, any estimate you have how much time it will take?

I stayed out of this ICO as it looked very bad to me, but the project you have is very useful. If you release it for all it would be great for all.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:27:10 AM

Thanks, any estimate you have how much time it will take?

I stayed out of this ICO as it looked very bad to me, but the project you have is very useful. If you release it for all it would be great for all.

I'm back to work on it immediately. Will message you a summary.
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:39:04 AM

I think that's a very relevant question. If only out of emotional reasons people wouldn't want to see these guys profiting on the back of a Bitbay revival.
goosoodude

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:42:17 AM

I think that's a very relevant question. If only out of emotional reasons people wouldn't want to see these guys profiting on the back of a Bitbay revival.

He has already replied.

I'm thinking they sold it all and moved on.

Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:52:24 AM

I'm talking wallets here. Preferably addresses but failing that, exact amounts.
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:25:52 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 11:41:30 AM by digicidal

David,

Since there still seems to be the attitude that this turd can be polished into a diamond somehow, let me lay this out so you can possibly avoid making the same mistake twice in a row.

You knew you were getting paid in BAY, you knew Steven and Lin were getting paid in BAY and you knew that Bob and Ryan were getting paid in BAY.  Forget the BTC... just think about that.

This is nowhere near the situation that I think you see it as being (which is why I'm bothering to post this in the first place).  If this were a case of a .44B premine and an ICO for the difference (560M BAY)... then it wouldn't be as big of a deal.  Of course, it would have been harder to sell those 560M BAY but they would all be clean funds - as all investors would have known the distribution and risks.  What happened was that the funds from the ICO were used to buy free BAY for yourselves with investor BTC... and then keep the BTC that was used.  Then, irrespective of milestones, the funds were immediately disbursed (a big chunk of which we know of - but the rest we don't).

The bottom line is this: Bob and Ryan are crooks and market manipulators... but so are Steven and Lin (and you, but you don't see it that way) - because this couldn't have been pulled off at all without BTER's full cooperation in the scam.  So just because you cleaned house (which you didn't, since they were the ones that actually were the whistleblowers - ironically on themselves actually) doesn't mean it's CLEAN at all.  As to whether the other two guys and yourself are just clueless about markets, or just think it's a harmless "shuffling of funds" or not... it doesn't matter.

If you help get the price back to ICO prices - what does that accomplish?  If you get the markets working - what does that really change?  Even in that scenario, the best you are really doing is improving the already tainted proceeds for the guys that set this up in the first place!  There is no 'protecting the investors' in this scheme... and what does that do for those of us that already dumped long ago anyway?  If you were really interested in protecting anyone other than yourself - you would have called it out during the ICO - so that remediation could have occurred.

Unfortunately, now for many (myself included) it wouldn't matter if you make the worlds greatest market ever seen - it won't change the fact that this was a BTC-churn scam of epic proportion (call it money laundering, call it 'creative accounting', whatever).

What you should have done is what I did... even though I bought my BAY with my own BTC:  I dumped mine at the lowest price in the past 4 days.  Stupid for a trader I know, but after realizing just how much of a scam this was... I wanted at least the ones that bought my 2M BAY to get in at rock-bottom prices - and hopefully they got back out with ~1BTC in profits today.  In reality, what I should have done is moved them to a wallet and deleted that wallet so at least I could help the distribution - that's my bad.  The BTC doesn't matter, I've got plenty more (and due to what you guys and others are doing to it as well as to BC and other alts) I don't see it being around too much longer either.  Or at least not at anything north of $10 that is.

TL;DR (in case you missed it again)... you cannot possibly polish this into a diamond - or even a slightly shiner piece of crap even.  Let it die the death it deserves, resign your position in BC, and then develop Halo/NT into what you claim this could have been.  In 5 years or so, if any of this is still around then, you might still be seen as being a great dev and constructive influence on crypto, who just had really, really poor judgement.

PS - Thought this was funny when I re-read my post... I said "even though I bought my BAY with my own BTC" in referrence to your BAY... but then the humor struck me... actually you also bought your BAY with my BTC.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:40:35 AM

+1
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

Finally -and only after having littered many threads with amazingly stupid posts- digicidal seems to have accepted the reality of things here after being in denial for weeks.

Better late than never I guess!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: