Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:44:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay | Decentralized Marketplace | Unmoderated Thread  (Read 52718 times)
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:08:30 PM

Here is a post from the official thread:

Guys I just wanted to post here and say, it was brought under my attention that Bobs group controls 100s and 100s of fake profiles. Literally almost all of the people you engage with are fake on bitcointalk(altcoinuk, barrabas, 100s of other). The other thing brought to my attention was that they had manipulated me to get into the project with the exact goal of hurting my reputation. Chats were show to me privately, profiles were revealed to me, somebody changed Bobs post, leaked profiles, they even got into a profile and posted from it.

Here is an example...
http://imgur.com/FfbbPPw

Personally, the lack of moderation on bitcointalk makes me think the site itself is turning into a "National Inquirer of coins". Even fake accounts have started to appear on reddit. Luckily, we can moderate that. Now that i'm aware of it moderating these accounts are easy. If what they say is a lie or doesnt make sense its probably paid for. So join me also on r/BitBay too and Trello where things are positive and we can talk about work tech and cool things.

These guys maybe have even been associated with iconicexpert (considering the constant ties dating way back in the forums)
profiles like (obvious) 4 star level dating back even a year are also fake.

Its hard to say how many coins and people this group has tried to harm. Its also hard to say how many members there are, what their motives are, why they are so filled with contempt(perhaps they are trying to destroy the altcoin market or discredit coins) and so on...

It is social engineering and I refuse to let myself neither any one of you who support me fall victim to it again. This ends here. No longer will any investor, deveoper, or kind hearted person fall victim to social engineering and manipulation.

I dont care if they are intelligence, criminals, just some greedy group or whoever anymore and know in my heart that this is about something bigger than ourselves and we must honor that.

What does make sense is to stand up for truth and whats right. Therefore community members encourage others to stay. Defend what you believe in your heart you know to be true. Everyone in crypto is getting manipulated by this group and if anything that main bay thread is proof enough (without me leaking my chat logs)

Not only is everything they are doing illegal (paid defamation campaigns and disinformation campaigns are)  but its unfortunately common in the world. Celebrities deal with it all the time and nobody deems them naive since they are not the ones doing the disinformation.

No, we stand up for what is good in the world and what is just. Anyone who really believes in tech the way I do, should know what significance crypto really has. Anyone who knows my past with Blackcoin will know why i was targeted because of what i stood for. (take a look at my speech for cryptolina for example)

In fact, for those who dont know my past, I was working for free for a year, never sold a Blackcoin even when there were chances, watched as somone sabotaged the price and defended what i knew was right.

The same thing happened on my July 4th independence day release of BlackHalo. We were attacked instead of revered. On indepenence day of all things. Only the people who knew who I was were cheering the project on. Unlike Bob, I dont pay for my believers. Ive earned them. If their moves turn me into a black sheep of crypto then I would rather be that.

The instant Bay started. The group came in to the forums early provoking me and trying to get me upset. I got sent PDFs, audio clips and other things from someone inside their team. I realized later that when Bob said he was moving he was also carefully commenting on forums, trying to provoke me. While i was working I was manipulated and asked to respond to links on forums. So it was never my intention to even listen to or respond to it. No, they asked me to respond to it knowing it would get me upset.

So just here to clear the air. The attempts were premeditated and carefully planned. I got sent some comments about it over chat revealing this to be true.
Adding to their frustration, I evaded every extortion attempt.

And we are going to win. Because I'm going to peg the coin, I'm going to release software and thats all there is to say about it. Steve has agreed to work with me. Im happy to see he is willing to stand up for good.

The above post from Zimbeck indicates that David Zimbeck obviously unable to recognize his own role in the scam nor can take responsibility for his actions. He is either delusional or a pathological liar, most likely both, whatever it is (despite our request) he won't compensate the victims of his project, the Bitbay fraud.

Probably the best for everyone in crypto land is to continue working with law enforcement agencies to bring the scammers to justice. So far I could forward 3 victims' details to the police. I encourage all victims of this crime to contact law enforcement directly or trust me with their details and then I will forward it to the Netherlands police (the jurisdiction has not been established yet but that's where we started the proceeding).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:51:32 AM

So this coin is officially dead. Yes?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:05:51 AM

So this coin is officially dead. Yes?

Its trading on Bter https://bter.com/trade/BAY_BTC

So its not dead yet. Unlike other coins this should be easy to declare dead as there is no blockchain.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:52:29 AM

Here is a post from the official thread:

Guys I just wanted to post here and say, it was brought under my attention that Bobs group controls 100s and 100s of fake profiles. Literally almost all of the people you engage with are fake on bitcointalk(altcoinuk, barrabas, 100s of other). The other thing brought to my attention was that they had manipulated me to get into the project with the exact goal of hurting my reputation. Chats were show to me privately, profiles were revealed to me, somebody changed Bobs post, leaked profiles, they even got into a profile and posted from it.

Here is an example...
http://imgur.com/FfbbPPw

Personally, the lack of moderation on bitcointalk makes me think the site itself is turning into a "National Inquirer of coins". Even fake accounts have started to appear on reddit. Luckily, we can moderate that. Now that i'm aware of it moderating these accounts are easy. If what they say is a lie or doesnt make sense its probably paid for. So join me also on r/BitBay too and Trello where things are positive and we can talk about work tech and cool things.

These guys maybe have even been associated with iconicexpert (considering the constant ties dating way back in the forums)
profiles like (obvious) 4 star level dating back even a year are also fake.

Its hard to say how many coins and people this group has tried to harm. Its also hard to say how many members there are, what their motives are, why they are so filled with contempt(perhaps they are trying to destroy the altcoin market or discredit coins) and so on...

It is social engineering and I refuse to let myself neither any one of you who support me fall victim to it again. This ends here. No longer will any investor, deveoper, or kind hearted person fall victim to social engineering and manipulation.

I dont care if they are intelligence, criminals, just some greedy group or whoever anymore and know in my heart that this is about something bigger than ourselves and we must honor that.

What does make sense is to stand up for truth and whats right. Therefore community members encourage others to stay. Defend what you believe in your heart you know to be true. Everyone in crypto is getting manipulated by this group and if anything that main bay thread is proof enough (without me leaking my chat logs)

Not only is everything they are doing illegal (paid defamation campaigns and disinformation campaigns are)  but its unfortunately common in the world. Celebrities deal with it all the time and nobody deems them naive since they are not the ones doing the disinformation.

No, we stand up for what is good in the world and what is just. Anyone who really believes in tech the way I do, should know what significance crypto really has. Anyone who knows my past with Blackcoin will know why i was targeted because of what i stood for. (take a look at my speech for cryptolina for example)

In fact, for those who dont know my past, I was working for free for a year, never sold a Blackcoin even when there were chances, watched as somone sabotaged the price and defended what i knew was right.

The same thing happened on my July 4th independence day release of BlackHalo. We were attacked instead of revered. On indepenence day of all things. Only the people who knew who I was were cheering the project on. Unlike Bob, I dont pay for my believers. Ive earned them. If their moves turn me into a black sheep of crypto then I would rather be that.

The instant Bay started. The group came in to the forums early provoking me and trying to get me upset. I got sent PDFs, audio clips and other things from someone inside their team. I realized later that when Bob said he was moving he was also carefully commenting on forums, trying to provoke me. While i was working I was manipulated and asked to respond to links on forums. So it was never my intention to even listen to or respond to it. No, they asked me to respond to it knowing it would get me upset.

So just here to clear the air. The attempts were premeditated and carefully planned. I got sent some comments about it over chat revealing this to be true.
Adding to their frustration, I evaded every extortion attempt.

And we are going to win. Because I'm going to peg the coin, I'm going to release software and thats all there is to say about it. Steve has agreed to work with me. Im happy to see he is willing to stand up for good.

The above post from Zimbeck indicates that David Zimbeck obviously unable to recognize his own role in the scam nor can take responsibility for his actions. He is either delusional or a pathological liar, most likely both, whatever it is (despite our request) he won't compensate the victims of his project, the Bitbay fraud.

Probably the best for everyone in crypto land is to continue working with law enforcement agencies to bring the scammers to justice. So far I could forward 3 victims' details to the police. I encourage all victims of this crime to contact law enforcement directly or trust me with their details and then I will forward it to the Netherlands police (the jurisdiction has not been established yet but that's where we started the proceeding).

On his defense, when you do development for a coin, you usually don't have time to mess around with decisions which are made by others in the team. and considering he got 100btc up front with promises for more through bitbay coin, well you just focus on the work and let the politics to others...
I am sure, it can happen to any dev around... however, if he was serious probably he should have left the project by now and move on (considering he got the 100btc  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:28:53 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 04:17:37 PM by altcoinUK

On his defense, when you do development for a coin, you usually don't have time to mess around with decisions which are made by others in the team. and considering he got 100btc up front with promises for more through bitbay coin, well you just focus on the work and let the politics to others...
I am sure, it can happen to any dev around... however, if he was serious probably he should have left the project by now and move on (considering he got the 100btc  Grin)

I can assure you, what happened to Zimbeck, it can't just happen to any devs due to bad luck or some strange accident  - it happens only the morally fucked up devs.

I have been doing software development for decades but it never came to my mind to team up with P&D guys like Bob to scam out few hundred BTCs from naive, wannabe rich people, and I don't think I am the odd one who for some very strange reasons don't involve with scam, but as we speak there are several million software developers who work hard and just a very few of them end up like Zimbeck.

We are all here for the dollar, but there is a massive difference between earning money by creating and selling a novel technology or marketing a software by creating a fake volume ICO scam.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:54:59 PM

I am sure, it can happen to any dev around... however, if he was serious probably he should have left the project by now and move on (considering he got the 100btc  Grin)

I can assure you, what happened to Zimbeck, it can't just happen to any devs due to bad luck or some strange accident  - it happens only the morally fucked up devs.

I have been doing software development for decades but it never came to my mind to team up with P&D guys like Bob to scam out few hundred BTCs from naive, wannabe rich people, and I don't think I am the odd one who for some very strange reasons don't involve with scam, but as we speak there are several million software developers who work hard and just a very few of them end up like Zimbeck.

We are all here for the dollar, but there is a massive difference between earning money by creating and selling a novel technology or marketing a software by creating a fake volume ICO scam.

And to keep things clear, he got not only 100 BTC, he got 191 BTC. Plus 100 MILLION BAY. Plus he has his paws in the "fund" where there are almost 600 more BTC. Plus the bags of Steven and Lin are quite deep -especially in BAY- so I am quite sure they are currently being generous...

Zimbeck the Turd is not developing anything. Never was. He copy/pasted BC halo included and gave it another name. But wait for The Sound and the Fury to post the details of the final chaptar, he has done a magnificent, unparalleled job so far.

That's, of course, if you want to know the details that, somehow, seem to escape you. By design.
randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:33:47 PM

It's clearly recognizable which people do have a job in real life and which not Grin. Some people are posting round the clock every day, what a nice live Grin.

Not offense meant, just wondering Smiley.

with kind regards,
randywald

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:41:48 PM

So is this the top or the bottom? With no dev who is buying these coins??

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:22:05 AM

I'm still working on it. Bob and Ryan left with money. Steven seems to have interest although he also seems a bit demoralized. He helped set up a joint account so it will be ok.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:04:34 AM

And to keep things clear, he got not only 100 BTC, he got 191 BTC. Plus 100 MILLION BAY. Plus he has his paws in the "fund" where there are almost 600 more BTC. Plus the bags of Steven and Lin are quite deep -especially in BAY- so I am quite sure they are currently being generous...

Zimbeck the Turd is not developing anything. Never was. He copy/pasted BC halo included and gave it another name. But wait for The Sound and the Fury to post the details of the final chaptar, he has done a magnificent, unparalleled job so far.

That's, of course, if you want to know the details that, somehow, seem to escape you. By design.

The Sound And Fury is absolutely amazing, I can't wait for the next episode.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:34:03 AM

I'm still working on it. Bob and Ryan left with money. Steven seems to have interest although he also seems a bit demoralized. He helped set up a joint account so it will be ok.

The only reason they could left with the money, because you created this ICO scam with them in the first place and assisted them all the way along the line.

You have been presenting yourself as a pathological liar who don't see your own role in the scam. Pulling the naive, mislead, "I didn't know" card is a very well known move, virtually all fraudsters try to pull that card as the first line of defence. It doesn't help you, law enforcement aren't interested in your lies.
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:39:35 AM

you such a moron..

do you know that zimbeck made bc halo and bit halo? do you know that bitbay is an improved thing of his previous project CODED by him?
lol, pathetic idiot
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:07:55 PM

you such a moron..

do you know that zimbeck made bc halo and bit halo? do you know that bitbay is an improved thing of his previous project CODED by him?
lol, pathetic idiot

I heard rumours saying it wasn't his own code. Possible outsource ?
That would explain why he doesn't seem to like the idea of making it open source (as it was announced at first).
That's were just rumours though... Still there would be a logical way to un-prove that

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:12:21 PM

you such a moron..

lol, pathetic idiot

That would explain why he doesn't seem to like the idea of making it open source (as it was announced at first).
That's were just rumours though... Still there would be a logical way to un-prove that

It is plastered all over that he copy/pasted it (stole it).

He cant code at all, just a tiny bit in python, nothing else whatsoever.

Black Halo and Bit Halo are otherwise of no interest to anyone. Have you seen what they have done for BC? Draw your own conclusions...
fmasta

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:53:30 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2014, 09:18:28 AM by fmasta

you such a moron..

lol, pathetic idiot

Black Halo and Bit Halo are otherwise of no interest to anyone. Have you seen what they have done for BC? Draw your own conclusions...

Not sure he actually stole it. As I didn't hear any complaints from anybody so far...

But.. yeah.. opened source it would have for sure accelerated all developments... which are seriously stalled (BC speaking)
Don't you wonder why didn't do it already...? That's probably because he wants to max out his profits, by every coin he'll hop in with his 'revolutionary' concept..

Fair enough.

* is zimbeck the new IE ?
* zimbeck = IE 2.0 ?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Diabolic

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:24:48 PM

Investigation is ongoing but we already have enough solid information to start the next process. It's going to cost a minimal amount to get the ball rolling but all who have been involved will be notified by authorities soon.

Patience has been appreciated.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:33:23 PM

you such a moron..

lol, pathetic idiot

Not sure he actually stole it. As I didn't hear any complaints from anybody so far...

But.. yeah.. open source it would have for sure accelerated all developments... which are seriously stalled (BC speaking)
No Wonder Why He haven't done it already...? That's probably because he wants to max out his profits, by every coin he'll hop in with his 'revolutionary' concept..

Fair enough.

* is zimbeck is the new IE ?
* zimbeck = IE 2.0 ?
don't take anything Barrabas says as fact, he is just part of Bobsurplus team (if not Bobsurplus himself) trying to orchestrate a smearing campaign against Zimbeck because they were in disagreement and forced out of the BitBay scam...

That's why they are rewriting history in their new literature thread  Grin (so pathetic... they clearly don't like to lose  Grin)

Actually each time Barrabas write something for or against one coin, it just means that it is one scam coins of Bobsurplus... (either working the way he wants or not... depending on what they say...).

So basically Barrabas account enters in action when private verbal threat did not work... the game they are playing is now really obvious...

I don't think Zimbeck can be compared to IE as IE isn't a coder at all, but only another puppet of Bobsurplus...

As stated elsewhere: no one really care about the problem of that bunch of scammers...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:35:54 PM

Investigation is ongoing but we already have enough solid information to start the next process. It's going to cost a minimal amount to get the ball rolling but all who have been involved will be notified by authorities soon.

Patience has been appreciated.
in Cambodia ? in China ? Good luck with that  Grin
(remains the altcoin canadian mafia  Grin well better than nothing actually)

djm34 facebook page
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:35:56 PM

you such a moron..

lol, pathetic idiot

Before i was thinking that he copy/paste code from one open source client available here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589578.0
Name:  "BitXBay"
here his discusion with project developer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589578.msg7800005#msg7800005

i have even downloaded both clients they are not looking so similar:
David version had 2 key , email contracts,bitcoin using electrum serves insteaad downloading whole blockchain
so i think David is able to do some good programming.
in halo time people were failing at making multisign clients so i think he was real pioneer there is such technology
so i don't believe in shit that he can not program at end.

From my perspective David as good programmer he was good bait for scam that is all at end such scam are spoted often
so people should be more aware of such actions because scammers won't be punished or found.

Look at MtGox situation and 0 responsibility 300m$ stolen and what...  

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Everething

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Futurest

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

Cheers me up these threads, it'll be sad when this all gets regulated and the fudders get to go to prison for breaking codes of conduct.  It's amazing how easy it is to propaganda the shit out of anything; sky's pink, his mums got balls, please just sell me cheap coins etc etc etc.

The best bit is, reading this bs qualifies as research... what a complete disaster for the human race, lmao

You know what would be totally awesome - if we could have live feeds to all involved, like a fly on the wall video-stream.  Bob could have 3 or 4 stunt-doubles to make it really interesting, omg we could have a commentator, like in The Fifth Element (Chris Rock, was it?), who could become indicted in the end as the master scammer - holy shit, Satoshi is Chris Rock and Jackie Chan.  The Human Centi-pad.  Kung-fu, comedy and cryptography all blended with a sprinkling of cuttlefish and stfu

Do I sound mad? probably been reading about crypto for too long.

I'm fucking in like Flinn

Enjoy your day everyone and Merry Christmas

PMSL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: