Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Augur - a decentralized prediction market platform  (Read 114179 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
razdva

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:18:33 AM

I'm not sure that the bitbet (https://bitbet.us/browse/) is visually more attractive than augur. But augur need need to focus theirs loading speed. And i did not find sorting IN CATEGORY like sports, politics.. and bets sum
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:03:49 AM

I'm not sure that the bitbet (https://bitbet.us/browse/) is visually more attractive than augur. But augur need need to focus theirs loading speed. And i did not find sorting IN CATEGORY like sports, politics.. and bets sum

You are absolutely right, it should at least LOAD FAST and have CATEGORIES...

@Community: Please state your opinion, I am not bashing Augur I am trying to find out what the community thinks about the beta.

Again if the majority thinks this is absolutely fine, I will stop posting, but so far the people that posted here are also not so enthusiastic about the beta.

The augur team needs to know this, so they can make a choise on how to go further.
voteformeg
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:45:53 PM

You are absolutely right, it should at least LOAD FAST and have CATEGORIES...

@Community: Please state your opinion, I am not bashing Augur I am trying to find out what the community thinks about the beta.

Again if the majority thinks this is absolutely fine, I will stop posting, but so far the people that posted here are also not so enthusiastic about the beta.

The augur team needs to know this, so they can make a choise on how to go further.

i agree with your point , so +1 , it has to get an better look
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:43:53 AM

The team has seen this thread and the feedback is being considered, it's just much easier for us to funnel feedback via select channels so please give us time to evaluate the feedback as development takes time.

What upsets me the most is the ambivalence regarding the design of the Augur team.

Are you realy not capable to see the website is total rubbish? Realy?

Sentences like: bla bla feedback considered bla bla, bla bla easier for us, bla bla take time are evasive behaviour.

I am telling you like it is, this is not good enough for the budget you have (or did you already blew it?). It looks like it cost 50 bucks and my mother in law made it (color sceme), and she has never worked on a computer before!

2 Questions for the Augur team:
Do you honestly think this site, as it is now, is one of the best multi million dollar gambling/ prediction sites on the internet? Yes or No (Please anwer this for the record, your community who invested millions in this project deserve to know don't you think?)

And what would you grade your site: from 1 (low score) to 10 (high score). This is not about what other people think but what YOU think.

For the record, this design would not have passed the first year at any art academy.

Please be honest to yourselves and the people that invested in your project.
People that are saying it looks great (in this thread there are zero) are blowing smoke up your ...

I realy hope for everyones sake this gets fixed or this project will be DOA.

To other Augur investors, please state your opinion positive or negative.
https://augur.net/markets

ps. @augurteam: could you reply a bit faster, 2 days..., not only your website is lagging ... (What's up with these enormous loading dots anyway?)

... I apologize for not staying more on top of this thread...

Hello anybody home at augur headquarters? SSSSSSTTTTTTTIIIIIIILLLLLLL LLLLLAAAAAAAGGGGGGGIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG...

Omega.SportSciencie

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:26:31 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 10:51:36 PM by Omega.SportSciencie

The team has seen this thread and the feedback is being considered, it's just much easier for us to funnel feedback via select channels so please give us time to evaluate the feedback as development takes time.

What upsets me the most is the ambivalence regarding the design of the Augur team.

Sentences like: bla bla feedback considered bla bla, bla bla easier for us, bla bla take time are evasive behaviour.

I am telling you like it is, this is not good enough for the budget you have (or did you already blew it?). It looks like it cost 50 bucks and my mother in law made it (color sceme), and she has never worked on a computer before!

Do you honestly think this site, as it is now, is one of the best multi million dollar gambling/ prediction sites on the internet? Yes or No (Please anwer this for the record, your community who invested millions in this project deserve to know don't you think?)

And what would you grade your site: from 1 (low score) to 10 (high score). This is not about what other people think but what YOU think.

For the record, this design would not have passed the first year at any art academy.

People that are saying it looks great (in this thread there are zero) are blowing smoke up your ...

ps. @augurteam: could you reply a bit faster, 2 days..., not only your website is lagging ... (What's up with these enormous loading dots anyway?)

This is true, I think the big success of the crowdsale is not equal to the starting demo page, not like Ethereum did, I told them to stop the loading of all pages with predictions on the starting page because it's freezing it all, why dont you put a a better starting page with categories on it instead of one loading 300+ pages.. , hope they fix this front-end soon.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:37:07 AM

I only wished augur didn't launch any beta cos a good programmer can make a better one.

You don't pay enough.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:01:58 AM

Thanks for all your responses.

Since Augur is playing hide and seek on bitcointalk, I have posted on Reddit also.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4bvpm1/augur_ui_looks_amateuristic_and_is_lagging/

Feel free to make a comment there.

I am seriously starting to doubt if the augur team can produce...

They ignore the people (investors) who made their venture possible in the firstplace, this is not a good sign...

I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look good...

@Augur: Could you, pretty please with a cherry on top, respond and at least make the impression you care about your investors opinions?
Omega.SportSciencie

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:46:57 AM

The user interface should be oriented to the mass market (see big online betting sites) , not weird things or tech savvy things, the end-user is just a bettor using cryptos not a developer, you should always take this on count augur.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:31:21 AM

@Augur: Could you, pretty please with a cherry on top, respond and at least make the impression you care about your investors opinions?

I have the money, why bother.  Sad

You don't pay enough.
razdva

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:17:06 PM

[–]joeykrug
Specific examples of what you think sucks are good.
So far we have (in addition to the couple hundred issues on GitHub, about 80 or so of them various UI complaints I've made) from OP:
Colors look bad / muted / bland
it's slow
I think it's probably true that a lot don't like what they're seeing, but unless people give me [or the UI team on Github, which is where I'll just post feedback] specific things they don't like besides just that they don't like it, it won't get better.
The strange post. I don't like what i seeing but cant say what exactly Smiley If this were so then the work of web designers cost nothing). But it is not so. So they get good pay for what I ought to like. If they do not understand what to do, for what they receive money?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:59:20 PM

I would like to share with you this /r/ :

https://www.reddit.com/r/reptrader/
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:19:29 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2016, 10:04:27 AM by LitcoinCollector

The Augur team doesn't like bitcointalk that much... If I remember right they did their crowdsale ann here... But hey whatever floats you boat I guess...

So please express your positive, negative feedback on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4bvpm1/augur_ui_looks_amateuristic_and_is_lagging/

My work is done for now... to be continued.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:52:18 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 03:31:13 PM by LitcoinCollector

Ok guys, the saga continues...

Check out 2 last (not including Augur UI) projects of the portfolio of Augur's product designer, Carl Wolfenden:

https://www.tradesports.com
https://prev.intrade.com/v4/home/

I found this in the reddit article.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/4crimy/frontend/

Joey please hire some great frontend designers, there a so many! This is not gona work!
(You seem to be the only one at Augur that can handle come honest critique)

Look at the landing page of intrade! Now I know where the 1990 interface design of the Augur site comes from!
This looks terrible! And what happened to tradesport anyway.

With this new info I am even more concerned about the outcome of the UI. I really am!

If you have invested in Augur, again please give your honest opinion on Reddit!

I will make a new post on Reddit on this topic soon!

uberpatzer

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Soon we will all be dead

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:36:34 PM

I really love gambli....... uhmmmm I mean prediction markets! It allows us a glimpse in the future!  Wink 

twitter: @uberpatzer  --Soon we will all be dead--
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:45:48 PM

Hello anybody home at augur headquarters? SSSSSSTTTTTTTIIIIIIILLLLLLL LLLLLAAAAAAAGGGGGGGIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG...

its decentralised. thats the future. keep calm and enjoy
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:52:17 PM

A lagging site is the future? I don't think so!
Joey also states it should load under 2 sec.
But thanks for the effort!
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:06:20 AM

Any word on whether this will still be coming to bitcoin?
johny08
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:34:21 PM

Any word on whether this will still be coming to bitcoin?

the main developer said in a video, they need one year more. i dont have the link, but its in one of the ethereum sessions. it was in february.
johny08
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:36:15 PM

Joey said the beta will start end of december and the main network will go live in Q1 2016.

Joey has no plan. I would wonder when the project will launch with him.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:10:15 AM

Joey said the beta will start end of december and the main network will go live in Q1 2016.

Joey has no plan. I would wonder when the project will launch with him.

Your right, but a delay I can handle. But the amateurs on the design team that's a different story.
Makes you doubt the backend as well.

The team doesn't bother to react on BCT... very frustrating as an investor!

It is starting to look realy bad for Augur that's for sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: