Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox AML/KYC Process Explained  (Read 71621 times)
expert-lister

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Imagine a world without hate and oppression

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:43:23 AM

Hello,
I have question,
MtGox accept Canadian citizens?

Liberty...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:34:36 PM

Hello,
I have question,
MtGox accept Canadian citizens?

If you're in Canada you might as well stay with https://www.vaultofsatoshi.com based in Canada.

Read up on all the horror stories with Mt. Gox, not worth it.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
eurotalker

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 09:59:16 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 10:19:00 PM by eurotalker

Have you already acquired BTC and are interested in trading to profit from price fluctuations, or do you want to buy your first bitcoins?

If it's the former then you could try BTC-E or bitfinex, as they don't require you to submit your dox, stool samples, etc. if you're not planning on withdrawing or depositing fiat currencies.

If it's the latter then most exchanges will ask for the dox, but you can avoid this hassle if you decide to buy through localbitcoins.

Thank you malevolent for your posting.
In answer to it:

I did earn some free BTC already. I don't think it's enough to trade with (yet), but I AM interested in the subject. I guess the wisest thing to do, untill that time, is to read more about it and gain more information on how trading with it works. Maybe it's the thing for me, in future, too? From what I've read till so far is that some earned a decent amount with it. But, I've also read about people that lost a decent amount.
And so your answer leeds to the following question: 'If one (a newbie like me) wants to have more information about it, what sources (articles, website, books, documentaries if there are any, etc...) would you recommend?'

And about the 'latter' .. thank you for this tip. I will get into 'localbitcoins' as well, and try to learn more first.

So, I guess you can read from my posting, I am really still a newbie on all of this stuff, but willing to learn. Thank you for making a little bit wiser. If you have more tips or suggestions ... plz do so!

Back to the subject of Mt. Gox ....
Quite disturbing news I've read. Mt. Gox suspended withdrawals. I've read something about technical issues and hope they overcome it in short periode of time. BTC rate plunged into the deep with -20% and more, and japanese are selling like hell!! Those are the stories on the internet I've read. All the more reason, if one is a newbie like me, to first gain more information on trading with BTC, before doing so.
BigAlby

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:02:25 AM

Have you already acquired BTC and are interested in trading to profit from price fluctuations, or do you want to buy your first bitcoins?

If it's the former then you could try BTC-E or bitfinex, as they don't require you to submit your dox, stool samples, etc. if you're not planning on withdrawing or depositing fiat currencies.

If it's the latter then most exchanges will ask for the dox, but you can avoid this hassle if you decide to buy through localbitcoins.

Thank you malevolent for your posting.
In answer to it:

I did earn some free BTC already. I don't think it's enough to trade with (yet), but I AM interested in the subject. I guess the wisest thing to do, untill that time, is to read more about it and gain more information on how trading with it works. Maybe it's the thing for me, in future, too? From what I've read till so far is that some earned a decent amount with it. But, I've also read about people that lost a decent amount.
And so your answer leeds to the following question: 'If one (a newbie like me) wants to have more information about it, what sources (articles, website, books, documentaries if there are any, etc...) would you recommend?'

And about the 'latter' .. thank you for this tip. I will get into 'localbitcoins' as well, and try to learn more first.

So, I guess you can read from my posting, I am really still a newbie on all of this stuff, but willing to learn. Thank you for making a little bit wiser. If you have more tips or suggestions ... plz do so!

Back to the subject of Mt. Gox ....
Quite disturbing news I've read. Mt. Gox suspended withdrawals. I've read something about technical issues and hope they overcome it in short periode of time. BTC rate plunged into the deep with -20% and more, and japanese are selling like hell!! Those are the stories on the internet I've read. All the more reason, if one is a newbie like me, to first gain more information on trading with BTC, before doing so.

I have accounts on 8 trading sites including Gox but never put any money in Gox as I am from the UK and they had just lost their Barclays account to sent £££s in and found I could use OKpay but getting my docs verified on there took a few weeks. In the meantime I looked at many sites and found localbitcoins the easiest to use and to buy but not cheap. Adding all the charges to transfer GPB into USD then to the trading sites I found if I picked a dip in the BTC price I could buy it overall at a good price at localbitcoins and with a lot less hasstle.
I spread my BTC in a qt wallet to hold and on several trading sites as i no longer trust any will ALL my money. Also some Casascius physical Bitcoins.
ge_merlinsen

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:54:33 AM

Who can participate? Is it necessary to pass KYC?
dorada60

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:25:54 PM

Seems to be interesting project!
Where I can find more information?
Dxlike

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:01:23 PM

What is soft cap and hard cap? What is the price now?
Dagfin

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:32:46 AM

Are there any benefits?
buevevgen

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

What will happen if someone will not pass KYC?
PonyBoy

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

These KYC and AML's does is put many innocent peoples information, all in one not-decentralized spot, that maybe hacked by somebody and find that jackpot of information..
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

very good planning but what can be directly verified or not, about my experience when the verification was very difficult to receive.

just examples of market exchange from Singapore which is very difficult to verify, the end of it I just stay the Exchange switch to another Exchange.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:46:41 AM

Conclusion
I hope you found my post interesting, or at least informative. If you have any questions about our process, please feel free to either PM me or post here and I'll be sure to answer! If you have a question about your specific application to become verified, please email our AML email address so we can maintain the confidentiality of your application.

Surely your thread is very valuable because all your writing is recorded for the good of MountGOX.

Thank you for all the information you provide, I will continue to support you here in order to maintain the confidentiality of your customers to trade on the MountGOX exchange.

Thanks
Hammonds
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:13:39 PM

What will happen if someone will not pass KYC?

You surely can't withdraw your funds if you didn't pass the kyc. As stated in the OP even you didn't get verified at first attempt you can still try to pass proper documents so no worries.

If we don't want to deal with kyc here it's fine as we have a lot of exchange sites that doesn't need kyc. So it's our choice and no one forces us to use this.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Seratruong

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:30:52 AM

Hello,
Our company is looking for a KYC service provider. I would like to have more discussion about your services. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: