Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox AML/KYC Process Explained  (Read 71621 times)
elemental

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:08:41 PM

Judging by how difficult it seems to be to even give money to Mt.Gox, I'm not surprised.  They rejected my "proof of residency" because the name on the utility bill is different to the name I gave them (which, incidentally, matches my passport, but it just so happens that the utility company cannot spell my name correctly).  So for the sake of two letters in the wrong order, I can't use them.  Lucky me, I guess!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
honeyguy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 10:08:21 AM

Hey MTGOX

Your business is a scam

Prove me wrong by giving me money

You can transfer money into mtgox

You can then purchase bitcoins with said money

You can then even sell those bitcoins for money

However if you want to withdraw your own "money" that you supposedly have in the account your screwed. Mtgox has no money at all. I want my bitcoins back from the beginning. The "trading floor" your website boasts is completely false your falsely advertising services that are completely fake I just want others to know this before they get scammed by them and I won't stop until everyone new to bitcoin knows about how fraudulent your website is.

Tell me how this is not a complete scam money goes in but no money comes out. Can someone point me toward the closest class action lawsuit that is being brought to address this obvious fraud. You make it seem like the people using bitcoins are the people committing fraud however it is your business. Your business is a complete embarrassment to the bitcoin community. I trust bitcoin However  you guys are a scam. You hurt the community.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:04:51 AM

Hey MTGOX

Your business is a scam

However if you want to withdraw your own "money" that you supposedly have in the account your screwed. Mtgox has no money at all. I want my bitcoins back from the beginning. The "trading floor" your website boasts is completely false your falsely advertising services that are completely fake I just want others to know this before they get scammed by them and I won't stop until everyone new to bitcoin knows about how fraudulent your website is.

Tell me how this is not a complete scam money goes in but no money comes out. Can someone point me toward the closest class action lawsuit that is being brought to address this obvious fraud. You make it seem like the people using bitcoins are the people committing fraud however it is your business. Your business is a complete embarrassment to the bitcoin community. I trust bitcoin However  you guys are a scam. You hurt the community.

+1

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:21:56 AM

Any legal way we can put pressure on these ass clowns? Usually in the past i write a letter to people like this quoting loads of financial laws (both, UK and European) saying how i am threatening to take legal action unless said infraction is corrected and boom! Problem solved. It has worked a treat with both Visa and American Express in the past, when other people said i had no chance and when American Express came back to me and said investigation was over and they had filed in favour of the merchant. Boom typed off my nice letter and investigation reopened and back in my favour. The trick is to send it to at least 3 different departments, email fax, registered post. There has to be someone who will do the right thing. 

Been doing some research about Japanese financial law but all i seem to find is crap about not forcing employees to drink or telesales people not encouraging grannies to deposit money into scams via door to door sales. What gives...Japan sounds like a real interesting place  Angry

Maybe someone who is Japanese can shed some light on consumer rights in Japan. BTW if anyone wants copies of my letters to Visa and American Express then PM me and i will send them. Perhaps a class action lawsuit is needed.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:57:19 PM

Is it still possible to withdraw BTC without KYC?
Humax

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

The law of the universe!

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:44:04 PM

Hey MTGOX

Your business is a scam

Tell me how this is not a complete scam money goes in but no money comes out. Can someone point me toward the closest class action lawsuit that is being brought to address this obvious fraud. You make it seem like the people using bitcoins are the people committing fraud however it is your business. Your business is a complete embarrassment to the bitcoin community. I trust bitcoin However  you guys are a scam. You hurt the community.

+1

Mtgox is a scam, disgrace and shame to bitcoin community.
Mtgox CEO and employees should all perform harakiri!

Help me feed my hamster! Donate sunflower seeds!
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:33:17 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 05:26:57 AM by Wardrick

Someone unsticky/delete this post. I've messaged MtGox regarding my account verification and multiple things listed on here are now invalid according to them. I got a basic reply from a shitty foreign customer support agent(s) where they don't even address what you ask and tell you something you already know. After 9 verification attempts I finally am told I need to get a proof of residence from my city hall. That would of been nice to know 2 months ago. Hopefully they aren't trying to steal my identity, I've given them enough documents to have a pretty good attempt at it.

Edit: DON'T USE MTGOX, THEY ARE A SCAM.

Email I got from them:

We regret to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your request has been temporarily denied.

Reasons(s)

Your account has been flagged for further confirmation by our assessment department. If you would like to continue with the verification process, please provide us the following documents (Please do not forget to provide your account number or your username) :

Note: ALL documents must be notarized with apostille and sent by priority mail to the address at the bottom of this page. If your documents are not in Japanese, English, or do not have Roman alphabet, (罗马字, 로마자, Лaти́нcкий aлфaви́т, ألفبائية لاتينية, לאטיינישער אלפאבעט,  λατινικό αλφάβητo) they need to be translated and then notarized before sending.

1. A valid copy of a government issued photo ID
2. Proof of residence (less than 6 months old) - this can be a utility or phone bill

BANK STATEMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED

These documents must be sent to:
MtGox AML
Cross Office Shibuya Medio 2-C
11-5 Shibuya 2-Chome
150-0002 Shibuya Tokyo
Japan

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it would be greatly appreciated if you resubmit the requested clarification(s) above.

Otherwise, if you would like to make further enquiries in relation to this, please do not hesitate to contact Mt.Gox AML team by responding to this email.
bt2084

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:34:45 AM

Is it still possible to withdraw BTC without KYC?

No.

As of this morning their header messaged changed to "Attention Users: All withdrawals and deposits require account verification."

And yes, apparently they consider BTC transfers as "withdrawals."

That message said something specific about FIAT CURRENCY needing verification about 12 hours ago. But alas, as I was complaining in emails with them about the implication of singling out FIAT CURRENCY the message changed.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MT GOX unless you feel comfortable in handing over all the ID people need to forge your identity.  Even if you just want to get BTC back out.  What a scam.  They didn't mention this when I asked for a deposit address, only when I attempted to withdraw.  Total thieving extortionists, requiring my private ID information in order to get back my deposited BTC's.  Since when does KYC say they need my ID for BTC's?  It doesn't as far as I know. I suspect insolvency is prompting them to do this to slow down or stop withdrawals.
bt2084

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:46:53 AM

So what is the deal with straight btc withdrawals now?  Do I have to submit personal data to get my coins out?

Yes.  They are jerks if you ask me.  The header on the site 12 hours ago explicitly stated that FIAT CURRENCY transfers required verification -- which implied that BTC did not -- but now it reads that all withdrawals do.
bt2084

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:03:40 PM

Here's how I know this whole "verification" for KYC is a total scam:

https://www.mtgox.com/trade/funding-options

As a Mt. Gox user one option is to supposedly be able to withdrawal BTC as a "Bitcoin Foundation Donation" to https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/

But again... even to donate the BTC you once owned you have to be verified.

This is some evidence that the issue is not about Knowing-Your-Customer requirements but is more about Mt. Gox holding onto your funds for as long as they can (likely to avoid insolvency.)
IlyaVak

Activity: 194
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 08:54:49 PM

Who knows about LTC on MtGox? Or maybe XPM will be soon there?  Grin
Or it's only fairy tale like megillah?  Huh

★  ALTCOINLOG  ★  Oбзopы  ★  Кaк нacтpoить мaйнинг? Инcтpyкция!  ★
TWITTER   ▬  FACEBOOK   ▬  VKONTAKTE   ▬  OK   ▬  INSTAGRAM
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:05:38 PM

Who knows about LTC on MtGox? Or maybe XPM will be soon there?  Grin
Or it's only fairy tale like megillah?  Huh

Even if it does come to pass it won't be worth while as you will need to be fully verified to get any coin out.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:05:34 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 11:43:15 PM by Loozik

1. A few month ago I signed up for an account at MtGox. I submitted ID and utility bill scans.

2. When I was verified and received this e-mail (I want to increase the withdrawal limits now; my questions are in red bold):

''We are pleased to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your account has been upgraded to "Verified" status.

If you would like to request a withdrawal limit increase (up to 10x your current daily limit, and up to 5x your current monthly limit), please reply back to this email with the below.

Wallet (BTC/USD/ETC): - What should I write after this colon? What is ETC?
New Daily Limit: - What should I write after the colon: ''10x'' or the factual currency amount?

Wallet (USD/EUR/ETC):
New Monthly Limit:''

3. Can someone advise me what are the current withdrawal limits for ''verified'' status?

Thanks
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:10:15 PM

what is the processing period for withdraw fiat ?

izzotheschizo

Activity: 112

Mentally ill computer nerd trying to come up.

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:58:30 AM

Ahh damn what a burn.

gotta jump through all these hoops wtf for.

Mt. Gox is wrong for this.

yes you can get money in, put you cant get it out. ouch.  glad they only have.   0.09 btc.

Bitcoin is the opportunity of a lifetime. http://youtu.be/n7m4JSDkIp4
randyshan

Activity: 206

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:11:33 AM

Mt.Gox has poor service! I uploaded my address proof on Nov 6 but didn't get any answer so far. I am using bitstamp and happy with it now.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:58:24 PM

Hey MTGOX

Your business is a scam

Tell me how this is not a complete scam money goes in but no money comes out. Can someone point me toward the closest class action lawsuit that is being brought to address this obvious fraud. You make it seem like the people using bitcoins are the people committing fraud however it is your business. Your business is a complete embarrassment to the bitcoin community. I trust bitcoin However  you guys are a scam. You hurt the community.

+1

Mtgox is a scam, disgrace and shame to bitcoin community.
Mtgox CEO and employees should all perform harakiri!
Well said! Screw mtgox!
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:26:40 PM

FYI, even though their 'funding options' page still says the bank receiving fee is approx $15 USD, it is now $42 USD..
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:53:08 PM

My account seems broken, I'm never able to start the verification process..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:28:40 AM

FYI, even though their 'funding options' page still says the bank receiving fee is approx $15 USD, it is now $42 USD..

Is that a $42 fee for receiving wire transfers? And these are taking 7-10 business days to process? You cannot be serious ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: