Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:59:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Hive" a $14,000usd Bitcoin Art Piece  (Read 11353 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:45:15 AM

Commissioned by: Blazedout419
Material: Premiere grade quilted Watermelon Ivory (A rare form of Pink Ivory)
Price: $14,000 usd

The Hive is a representation of the hive mind that drives Bitcoin and its great communities and is hand carved into one of the the most expensive and rare woods on the planet. Pink Ivory wood is listed on the top 10 most expensive woods in the world and Watermelon Ivory is an ultra rare form of Pink Ivory which is no longer listed or classified as it only grows naturally and 99.99% of the time only in trees exceeding 500 years of age. Pink Ivory trees are protected and thus only allowed to be harvest if they are commercially grown directly for harvest which eliminates access to Watermelon Ivory all together unless the tree was fell prior to its listing on the protected list.

A special thanks to Blazedout419 as without his commissioning me to create this great piece this luxurious and beautiful wood would have probably been turned into some rich snobs cigar box or his wife's jewelry box.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:50:52 AM

Blazedout bought it for $14,000?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:53:29 AM

Blazedout bought it for $14,000?

Well it is considered Royal Wood
Guess he was pimping it out pretending to be royalty (but not put to death xd)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Ivory
Pink Ivory was the royal tree of the Zulu People and only members of the royal family were allowed to possess it until the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. Before the Anglo-Zulu War, the Zulu king (and prior to 1818, Zulu chiefs) would possess a pink ivory knob kerry, a stick with one end a knob, and wear jewelry that were also made from pink ivory. According to rumor, non-royals who possessed the wood would summarily be put to death. After Zululand fell to the British and was separated into 13 separate "kinglets" 1883, all vying to retake control of what was once theirs precedent to the onset of apartheid, the pink ivory wood became much less important a sign of control than genuine control could be.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:35:11 AM

I am very excited to get this piece. I have not decided on how to keep it though..in a fancy display case or just hang it on the wall? I guess I will decide once it arrives!
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:50:22 AM

I am very excited to get this piece. I have not decided on how to keep it though..in a fancy display case or just hang it on the wall? I guess I will decide once it arrives!

I would have never guessed you are so Bit-Rich. Congratulations on such a rare wood turned into beautiful art!

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:14:34 AM

Damn , it it beautiful Shocked but I would never spend that much money on such things like art piece etc.  Roll Eyes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
maddog0000

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:30:29 AM

Very nice work, Too bad it's out of my price range.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:36:06 AM

It's very beatiful but (also) very expensive  Grin ,  #Blazedout419 enjoy it.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 07:43:20 AM

It was awesome seeing you guys work out those deals woodcollector, well done, not sure how I feel as an artist myself about the Bitcoin currency symbol being art though ;S lol I think it's a waste of good wood to be honest but at least he paid you well for the it. Being able to easily transfer money and import stuff that otherwise would be pretty difficult to do in other currencies is precisely what cryptocurrency was made for, I was wtfing when I saw some guy in africa offering to import rare wood for you.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:03:13 AM

It was awesome seeing you guys work out those deals woodcollector, well done, not sure how I feel as an artist myself about the Bitcoin currency symbol being art though ;S lol I think it's a waste of good wood to be honest but at least he paid you well for the it. Being able to easily transfer money and import stuff that otherwise would be pretty difficult to do in other currencies is precisely what cryptocurrency was made for.

It took a lot of thought process on how one could turn the Bitcoin symbol into art.

I agree that importing difficult stuff is exactly what Bitcoin is for. Over the past 2 weeks i have been able to import just shy of $17,000 worth of exotic woods from around the world. Now including what i think will be my favorite "flavor of the month" Pure African Blackwood and the seller was able to get me a good size chunk of it. It is for sure going on the lathe when it arrives next week. It is without a doubt 1000% easier to do with Bitcoin and buying direct from someone than it is to go through my normal brokers. I had no idea what to expect when i set out to buy exotic wood with bitcoin, and no idea i would get such a huge response. Not only that, so many orders for custom work for so many different things from this forum. I am fairly new to Bitcoin and had some reservations coming in, but i have to say I'm a Bitcoiner for life now. It felt good to tell my wood broker when he called me yesterday to see if i had my order for the week together yet, "I got it handled already, i had it shipped in directly from Africa, Brasil, Guam, Hawaii, Etc" and its all thanks to Bitcoin

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 08:29:00 AM

Yeah Cheesy There's this guy I chatted to a bit who buys gemstones in the Thailand market, so like you I'll probably come here first if I want anything particularly exotic so there's definitely a lot of potential here, oh and I spotted cuban cigars at one time though I don't know where that guy has gone.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:45:50 PM

Yeah Cheesy There's this guy I chatted to a bit who buys gemstones in the Thailand market, so like you I'll probably come here first if I want anything particularly exotic so there's definitely a lot of potential here, oh and I spotted cuban cigars at one time though I don't know where that guy has gone.

I'd like to know where the Cuban cigar guy went. It's been a while since i had a good Cuban. I made a cigar tube and end punch for a client last year out of Amboyna Burl and when he came to pick it up he gave me a Cuban. Best 47 minutes of my year last year thats for sure, dying to get my hands on another.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:48:36 PM

I'd like to know where the Cuban cigar guy went. It's been a while since i had a good Cuban. I made a cigar tube and end punch for a client last year out of Amboyna Burl and when he came to pick it up he gave me a Cuban. Best 47 minutes of my year last year thats for sure, dying to get my hands on another.

Might be worth asking around Tongue always opportunities with Bitcoin Cheesy
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

Congrats on your lovely piece of art! Enjoy  Grin

MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

Either way you should post some pics with it up and on display with better lighting.  That thing is dope!
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:44:18 PM

Very nice piece, I am sure it looks much better in person too.

I've bought some from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2834 in the past, but he doesn't seem to be very active anymore here. Couldn't hurt to pm him though.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:24:46 PM

Hang that shit on the wall Cheesy

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:34:51 PM

Congrats! Looks damn nice.

OP please post a pic where we can see the real size of this thing. Thank you.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:37:31 PM

It should arrive soon...I will post some pictures for sure. I wanted to hang it by my signed BTC from Casascius, but it would make Mike's look silly.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:43:04 AM

Oh my god, that's so beautiful!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: