Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:11:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Hive" a $14,000usd Bitcoin Art Piece  (Read 11353 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:28:26 PM

Oh my god, that's so beautiful!

Thanks john, i appreciate the kind words. I have been Commissioned by a few members on the forum to create a few more custom works, None quite as expensive as this one but still out of super exotic and rare hardwood's so there will be a few beautiful Bitcoin pieces floating around over the next few months. Some of them inherently strange including a Bitcoin Bong and a Bitcoin Dildo, but all will be beautiful works of art.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Etched?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:33:17 PM

Etched?

Carved with the edge of a 1/4" roughing gouge and a skew chisel.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Etched?

I can't even imagine the attention you need to give to hand carving such a large and expensive piece of hardwood with that kind of precision.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Ruthful

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:09:49 PM

I am very excited to get this piece. I have not decided on how to keep it though..in a fancy display case or just hang it on the wall? I guess I will decide once it arrives!

What is the dimension/size of that thing?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:39:59 PM

I am very excited to get this piece. I have not decided on how to keep it though..in a fancy display case or just hang it on the wall? I guess I will decide once it arrives!

What is the dimension/size of that thing?

12" by about 9.25"
Etched?

I can't even imagine the attention you need to give to hand carving such a large and expensive piece of hardwood with that kind of precision.

Me either, thats why i dont think about it or i would be terrified. Last year i messed up a $20,000 piece of Kauri that was carbon dated 52,000 years old because i was over thinking it.

BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:02:45 PM

Wow astonishing, that's some beauty there for a bitcoin enthusiast. Congrats Blazedout419!  Smiley
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

It...it was beautiful  Shocked
I wish I can touch it....
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

lol $14k huh?

i'll pass thanks!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 04:02:35 AM

It will arrive to me tomorrow! I will take some good pictures and decide how it will be displayed.
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:16:31 PM

I think in a shadow box with glass on front. I have a couple of signed guitars framed this way on my walls. I think it would look great....and protect your investment. I had a picture frame shop custom make mine, price wasn't that bad.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:15:04 PM

It will arrive to me tomorrow! I will take some good pictures and decide how it will be displayed.

You must be pretty damn rich man. How do you make so much money that you can afford this?
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:12:09 PM

Put it in a display case... It will keep the wood protected...n u can probably put it anywhere u like... even in the bathroom..lol..!! I think the case would easily be a better option than hanging it on the wall.!

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:54:00 PM

Blazedout bought it for $14,000?

Well it is considered Royal Wood
Guess he was pimping it out pretending to be royalty (but not put to death xd)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Ivory
Pink Ivory was the royal tree of the Zulu People and only members of the royal family were allowed to possess it until the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. Before the Anglo-Zulu War, the Zulu king (and prior to 1818, Zulu chiefs) would possess a pink ivory knob kerry, a stick with one end a knob, and wear jewelry that were also made from pink ivory. According to rumor, non-royals who possessed the wood would summarily be put to death. After Zululand fell to the British and was separated into 13 separate "kinglets" 1883, all vying to retake control of what was once theirs precedent to the onset of apartheid, the pink ivory wood became much less important a sign of control than genuine control could be.

So unless royal and you posses this wood you get cursed?

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:11:36 AM

Blazedout bought it for $14,000?

Well it is considered Royal Wood
Guess he was pimping it out pretending to be royalty (but not put to death xd)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Ivory
Pink Ivory was the royal tree of the Zulu People and only members of the royal family were allowed to possess it until the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879. Before the Anglo-Zulu War, the Zulu king (and prior to 1818, Zulu chiefs) would possess a pink ivory knob kerry, a stick with one end a knob, and wear jewelry that were also made from pink ivory. According to rumor, non-royals who possessed the wood would summarily be put to death. After Zululand fell to the British and was separated into 13 separate "kinglets" 1883, all vying to retake control of what was once theirs precedent to the onset of apartheid, the pink ivory wood became much less important a sign of control than genuine control could be.

So unless royal and you posses this wood you get cursed?

No if you read it carefully you find out they were killed for possessing this wood prior to the Anglo-Zulu war. The only people allowed to possess it were those of the royal family.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:56:58 PM

Delivered to Blazedout419 yesterday, cannot wait to see how he ends up displaying it. Will be posting a new piece commissioned by: ducatitalia tomorrow in its own thread.

TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:27:31 PM

What an unbelievably beautiful piece of art! Very big congrats Blazedout Smiley

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

I don't understand how you have 14k $ to spend in a piece and you participate in a signature campaign to earn  some  bucks
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:10:25 AM

I don't understand how you have 14k $ to spend in a piece and you participate in a signature campaign to earn  some  bucks

I just want to make sure i understand what your saying so please clarify. Are you saying that if you have enough money to buy something nice, that you should turn down an opportunity to make more money when it arises? So if i could afford to buy a $2,000 bottle of champagne but an opportunity came along  where i could make say $100 for doing next to nothing and it only takes me 10 minutes to do that i should say no because i can afford good champagne now and again?

That's not sarcasm or trolling just to be clear, i have never seen someone make such a statement and i am trying to better understand and enlighten myself. I dont know very many wealthy people who think with that logic and i would like to know where that thought process comes from.

Thanks  Wink

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:18:01 AM

You don't reach a position to spend $14k on something by declining easy ways of making money. He would post on the forums anyway, so why not get paid.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: