Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:28:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 missing users  (Read 5063 times)
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 09:15:27 PM

I don't get it. Why would we contribute to someone who a) did illegal things, b) made money from those illegal things, c) is now being punished for those illegal things, am I missing something?

Yes. Research Stockholm Syndrome. You suffer from it.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 09:27:27 PM

I don't get it. Why would we contribute to someone who a) did illegal things, b) made money from those illegal things, c) is now being punished for those illegal things, am I missing something?

Not fair.  I found dogie's most recent post very encouraging:

Because the law is wrong and completely stupid?

Yeah after reading some more on what they're claiming, it does seem a bit stupid. There's no precedence, they're almost making it up and trying to backdate it.

The very best video we have found to explain the whole civil asset forfeiture happening to us to our friends and family.  Most of them have the hardest time getting past "there is no way that is even possible here in the U. S. of A." thinking.  In fact some of my relatives have trashed our emails because they just can't believe civil asset forfeitures are real.  Please watch it, laugh and weep:

https://youtu.be/3kEpZWGgJks

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
coinits
Legendary

Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 09:40:23 PM

Not fair.  I found dogie's most recent post very encouraging:

Because the law is wrong and completely stupid?

Yeah after reading some more on what they're claiming, it does seem a bit stupid. There's no precedence, they're almost making it up and trying to backdate it.

The very best video we have found to explain the whole civil asset forfeiture happening to us to our friends and family.  Most of them have the hardest time getting past "there is no way that is even possible here in the U. S. of A." thinking.  In fact some of my relatives have trashed our emails because they just can't believe civil asset forfeitures are real.  Please watch it, laugh and weep:

https://youtu.be/3kEpZWGgJks

The government, judiciary, and police are a criminal mafia of the worst kind. The Gambino Family had more honor than these scum. Everyone needs to get into crypto and stop paying taxes. Suck the life out of these parasites.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:27:24 AM

Why would we contribute to someone who a) did illegal things, b) made money from those illegal things.....

Are you talking about yourself here? Like, a) claiming VAT for stuff you got for free, & b) ripping miners off for VAT.....?

I could probably go through the whole alphabet with things that you've been up to....... Cheesy

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
Vhawk23

Activity: 153
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:32:21 PM

I noticed that 2 long-term and decent users are missing.
1) DeathAndTaxes is inactive since 7 October while his last post is from 29 August;
2) BurtW is inactive since 14 October while his last post is from 11 October.

Both users were pretty active and being offline for 1 month seems to me a bit strange. Anyone knows anything?
Just like other people answers, maybe its their real life problems dragged them off from this forum... Or maybe they got interested at another forum and moved there Undecided
But my prediction is their real life Smiley
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 04:53:41 PM

1) DeathAndTaxes is inactive since 7 October while his last post is from 29 August;

Both users were pretty active and being offline for 1 month seems to me a bit strange. Anyone knows anything?
Just like other people answers, maybe its their real life problems dragged them off from this forum... Or maybe they got interested at another forum and moved there Undecided

OP question was already answered many times by now, so i don't see the need to bump up to life this thread.
DeathAndTaxes was last active Today at 04:27:37 PM.
BurtW was arrested as theymos once said, here. BurtW resumed posting in mid-March and was last active Today at 04:21:54 PM.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 06:35:46 PM

Since you are a noob I will go easy on you:  posting in a thread that you have not actually read makes it look like you are just posting to get your post count up or to make money through your signature.  Thanks for the concern for my well being though.  If you really care you can read all about it at www.burtw.com and www.jmwagner.com

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
rockBTC

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:30:59 AM

there is a possibility that the same person owned both accounts and that person died
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:20:11 AM

there is a possibility that the same person owned both accounts and that person died

WTF? Did you read Grand_Voyageur's and BurtW's post right above yours? They are two different persons and both of them are back already.
Please stop making wild guess when you have no idea about the problem.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 02:47:25 PM

I am back:

STATEMENT

Federal Criminal Case Against Burt Wagner Dismissed

at the Request of the Department of Justice

July13, 2015

I am very excited to announce that the criminal case against my client Burt Wagner was dismissed today. The U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado filed a motion earlier today requesting that the U.S. District Court Judge handling the case, the Honorable William J. Martinez, dismiss the case against Mr. Wagner. Judge Martinez subsequently issued an order dismissing it.

On October 7, 2014, Mr. Wagner was charged in a single-count indictment with violating 18 U.S.C. § 1960 (operation of unlicensed money transmitting business) in connection with his purchases and sales of bitcoins. Mr. Wagner entered a plea of not guilty. Although Mr. Wagner and I both wish he had never been charged, we appreciate the U.S. Attorney's Office ultimately doing the right thing and dismissing the criminal case against him.

With this dismissal, Mr. Wagner can begin the process of resuming his regular life. It has been a true privilege to represent Mr. Wagner. I could not be happier for him and his family.

Brian Klein
Baker Marquart LLP
10990 Wilshire Boulevard, 4th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90024
Phone: (424) 652-7814
Email: bklein@bakermarquart.com

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:06:03 PM

I am back
Welcome back Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
b!z
Legendary

Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:31:02 PM

I am back
Welcome back, BurtW! 🎉
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: