Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MarginBot - A Bitfinex Margin Lending Management Bot  (Read 45865 times)
HowardF (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

I do Stuff, and stuff.....

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:03:28 PM

Sorry for my long absence in this thread.  I was working on some other projects over the last couple months, and haven't had much time to spend on bitcoin projects.  I'm going to be checking in a bit more though, and answering any questions about MarginBot anybody has, so feel free to ask away again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HowardF (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

I do Stuff, and stuff.....

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:04:54 PM

I did not get it work. I decided to write my own bot. When i finished the Server gave me a "nonce to small error" which can be interpreted as "your privat key and secret key are already in use". Which was not done by my own program and the key was only used for the php bot. I deleted the old keys, created a new one and everything worked as it should.
Any idea how or why that happened ?

nonce to small means you aren't passing a good nonce id to your API key.  It needs to be a unique always incrementing number passed with every query.  I use the microtime in Marginbot.

deponzit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:48:35 AM

Thanks for this, HowardF. Seems to be working well so far!

I got this working on 000webhost.com - which is a free web host if anyone was looking for a working free option. If anyone needs help setting it up, let me know. To get it to work, I changed the short tags to full and had to make cron "loaders," which just called get_file_contents() on the real cron files, as 000webhost limits you to running "php -f" in the cronjobs.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:42:00 AM

That sounds like a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad idea to run on a free webhost! Run this only on hardware you trust and control!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
deponzit

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:56:01 PM

That sounds like a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad idea to run on a free webhost! Run this only on hardware you trust and control!

I suppose if you think the site owner will snoop through your files, then yeah, that could result in someone getting your BFX API key. That's a risk on any hosting platform, though, and I'm not sure it's much worse an idea than hosting on the $2/month plans suggested in this thread.

Of course using your own hardware is best, but if you're looking for a free option and understand the above risks, there is at least one that works.
jabetizo

Activity: 125
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 04:43:05 PM

I suppose if you think the site owner will snoop through your files, then yeah, that could result in someone getting your BFX API key. That's a risk on any hosting platform, though, and I'm not sure it's much worse an idea than hosting on the $2/month plans suggested in this thread.

Of course using your own hardware is best, but if you're looking for a free option and understand the above risks, there is at least one that works.

There's not much an attacker could do with your API key anyway, especially if all your funds are in the "deposit" wallet.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:08:57 PM

This looks great!
I would be more than happy to try your bot for some time!
Do you have any special trial period offer for this one?
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:44:06 PM

Is the bot able to handle Btc and Ltc lending as well?  Or does it solely work with USD?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 07:06:03 PM

Is the bot able to handle Btc and Ltc lending as well?  Or does it solely work with USD?

It only works on USD. I wonder if the bot works fully fine now. I stopped using bitfinex when all the complaints started. Withdraws, wrong orderbooks, wrong swap payments, no answers and so on. It reminded me too much on the beginning of problems on exchanges that afterwards claimed being hacked... or so.

It worked great when i used it and i had a lot of ideas to optimize it but the work-reward is not so high so that i didnt work on it.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:17:12 PM

Is the bot able to handle Btc and Ltc lending as well?  Or does it solely work with USD?

It only works on USD. I wonder if the bot works fully fine now. I stopped using bitfinex when all the complaints started. Withdraws, wrong orderbooks, wrong swap payments, no answers and so on. It reminded me too much on the beginning of problems on exchanges that afterwards claimed being hacked... or so.

It worked great when i used it and i had a lot of ideas to optimize it but the work-reward is not so high so that i didnt work on it.

Yea IDK what to think about Bitfinex, I like them and the returns are nice, I would like to see another audit be done.  I guess we will see.

The bot seems neat, I would really like support for Btc and Ltc to make it more, "complete", but I will take what I can get.  Have my brother working on what set up costs would be since I don't own a server.  As of right now, if it really can get about 20% better returns, then the amount I have deposited would about break me even with server costs every month, but only have the money lent out for a couple of days at a time would help liquidity.

deponzit

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:35:16 PM

Yea IDK what to think about Bitfinex, I like them and the returns are nice, I would like to see another audit be done.  I guess we will see.

The bot seems neat, I would really like support for Btc and Ltc to make it more, "complete", but I will take what I can get.  Have my brother working on what set up costs would be since I don't own a server.  As of right now, if it really can get about 20% better returns, then the amount I have deposited would about break me even with server costs every month, but only have the money lent out for a couple of days at a time would help liquidity.

See my post above about free hosting.

I'm planning on forking this to work with BTC as well, as it doesn't look like it would be too hard to do. I'll post here when it's ready for you all to try out Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:07:25 AM

I'm planning on forking this to work with BTC as well, as it doesn't look like it would be too hard to do. I'll post here when it's ready for you all to try out Smiley

Yes, it should be fairly easy. I wonder why i didnt get the idea before. ... I think its because the profit from lending btc is much lower than lending usd. And you have the risk of btc price dropping, killing all your profits.

If this would work then you could go short and long on bitcoin and earning money on the way by multiplying the currency you hold at that time.

deponzit

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:57:00 PM

Yes, it should be fairly easy. I wonder why i didnt get the idea before. ... I think its because the profit from lending btc is much lower than lending usd. And you have the risk of btc price dropping, killing all your profits.

If this would work then you could go short and long on bitcoin and earning money on the way by multiplying the currency you hold at that time.

I've actually got it working now. I made a setting for currency when creating an account, and it's working fine with USD and BTC. Haven't tried LTC yet, but there's no reason I could see that it wouldn't work. I've got some fixing to do for the graphs and changing of hard coded dollar signs in the admin, but once that's done I'll fork the repo so everyone can use it Smiley
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:48:14 PM

Yea it does stink that the profit from bitcoin is so low.  It just seems that there are too many people who are interested in lending their bitcoin and not enough people interested in trading with it.  Really drives the interest rate down.

Still though, I have tried just setting my btc to the FRR, but they never get taken out.  So, I still have to trust Bitfinex with my coins, and I am getting nothing in return.  This would at least get some minimal return.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 11:37:21 PM

Yea it does stink that the profit from bitcoin is so low.  It just seems that there are too many people who are interested in lending their bitcoin and not enough people interested in trading with it.  Really drives the interest rate down.

Still though, I have tried just setting my btc to the FRR, but they never get taken out.  So, I still have to trust Bitfinex with my coins, and I am getting nothing in return.  This would at least get some minimal return.

Yes, FRR is not a good solution to choose. You really should try out the marginbot if you didnt already. It really makes a great job and will let your money be lent out constantly with low downtime. And that downtime is only to get the best rates.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:40:19 PM

Yes, FRR is not a good solution to choose. You really should try out the marginbot if you didnt already. It really makes a great job and will let your money be lent out constantly with low downtime. And that downtime is only to get the best rates.
Yea agreed, if I had more time I would do it myself, its just easier to leave it on auto lend.  I have my brother looking into getting it set up on a server for me.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 01:50:40 PM

Yea agreed, if I had more time I would do it myself, its just easier to leave it on auto lend.  I have my brother looking into getting it set up on a server for me.

Its pretty easy to set up. Yeah... let your brother work for you... you dont want him to get lazy. Tongue

If youre lucky you will get USD lending soon too. If someone revels the code.

deponzit

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:30:44 PM

As promised, here is my fork, which works with USD, BTC, and (untested) LTC.

https://github.com/deponzit/MarginBot

Major changes:
Add BTC/LTC support
Improve compatibility with older PHP versions
Improve responsiveness
Increased lend amount accuracy
Fix undercutting
Minor bug fixes
UI tweaks

You'll need to do a reinstall, as it's not compatible with the old version (new DB fields and column name changes). Maybe next version will be backwards compatible, but this one is not.

Screenshots

https://i.imgur.com/KjHRQyU.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ao5IPup.png

EDIT: I haven't really tested the install process, so if you run into any bugs let me know and I'll fix them.

EDIT 2: If you appreciate my work, you can send a few bitcents my way Smiley 1rq1YCXFemXAWyfUHpZo8fYinWor9eVst
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:39:30 PM

A lending bot seems like a good idea to me Smiley I will probably try this one out!
Are you planning to add trading bit features to your bot as well?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:59:32 PM

As promised, here is my fork, which works with USD, BTC, and (untested) LTC.

https://github.com/deponzit/MarginBot

Major changes:
Add BTC/LTC support
Improve compatibility with older PHP versions
Improve responsiveness
Increased lend amount accuracy
Fix undercutting
Minor bug fixes
UI tweaks

You'll need to do a reinstall, as it's not compatible with the old version (new DB fields and column name changes). Maybe next version will be backwards compatible, but this one is not.

Screenshots

EDIT: I haven't really tested the install process, so if you run into any bugs let me know and I'll fix them.

EDIT 2: If you appreciate my work, you can send a few bitcents my way Smiley 1rq1YCXFemXAWyfUHpZo8fYinWor9eVst

Thank you for the work. It looks good. If i ever trust bitfinex enough again to upload something of value i will make sure to use your version. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: