Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304620 times)
jonsnow888

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 08:37:02 AM

I have some experience trading and for me, the best results in crypto have come with a medium and long term trading strategy and swing trading on the side. By medium I mean about 1 trade per month. I also do swing trading in alts (2-3 trades per week) but with a smaller percentage of the portfolio. I also tried margin trading and I advise anyone doing it to learn technical analysis and use MT4 for BTC-e, like someone here suggested earlier. However if you are new I don't recommend any intra-day margin trading at all, because a 3.5% dip in BTC like yesterday, could touch your stop losses (if you even have a stop loss, in which case it could be worse depending on your leverage). Surely, if that can be bad for bitcoin, you can imagine how bad it can be in alts, where price can easily drop 10% - 20% in a day.

I avoid margin trading in my strategy. I find trading crypto more similar to traditional Wall Street than Forex, so picking alts is a big part of my strategy. Part of picking an alt has to do with technical analysis in my case, so basically I'm looking for bullish alts with low potential of a bubble. I do not trade based on fundamental analysis, because unless it's something like the halving or anything obvious, I assume that any inside information is not going to be known, so it is imperative to use technical analysis and I think anyone trading crypto should at least learn the basics (even if they don't do margin trading).

For the most part I am managing the bad trades and cutting loses, because in my case the profitable trades usually need longer periods of time before I take profits. So for my swinging strategy, I get out of around 3 unprofitable trades and 1 profitable trade. This overall has proven profitable for me because I pick low risk high reward trades. I am thinking about trying a high risk, low reward type strategy (which I don't recommend for new people, unfortunately they tend to like these ones a lot) as soon as I get more time, and maybe I'll provide more details.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stolendata

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:53:37 PM

My trading is strategy is very simple , I buy altcoin the price is cheap and then I will sell it if the coin pump or increase to make a profit. This strategy is very effective many traders also uese this strategy. There are many strategies you follow its your choice who strategies you pick . I also make a research before buying coin to know if they have potential to increase or not. I also make a research before I sell the coin I have because I want to know if this coin have more increase .
to me my trading strategy is very simple i play gambling with some planing and strategy, i try my best to withdraw my invested amount through profit and then continue with the profit.
bebahulou

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:07:09 AM

Trade with patient..wait the prize go down and buy bunch of alts coin then sell it when the prize go up. Just be patient and dont be too greedy. Many peopke hold to long the alts.but for me. Buy and sell wtleast i gain profit on it.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:27:30 PM

Trading is not just the art buying when low or high It requires learning a lot of skills. In forex trading for instance a trader must learn both technical and fundamental analysis of trading in order to be profitable  in a long run candlestick pattern is another tool used in trading.

And we are in crypto trading, so don't compare it with forex for they are completely different and far from each other. In crypto trading, in reality you don't have to be that high in skills as long as you know how the market works and it's cycle. You are fine to do that buy and sell, low and high movement.
Trading cryptocurrencies and foreign exchange is truly very different. Cryptocurrency is easier and more like to people who don't have that high knowledge in trading because all you need to  do in cryptocurrency trading is just to analyze the coin based on the given informations and you just need to buy from the low price and sell it for a higher price after the pump and you could easily earn money unlike in forex that you need to monitor and study different kind of trading tools and observe the graph 24/7.

Yes you are right with it, there are other trading in real life but it is more easier for us to understand this crypto trading. Since I'm not really into forex and I know that it's riskier than crypto trading. I choose to do focus on it since the market of crypto is very good and there are a lot of choices for us to trade by simply doing the usual method.
Yes cryptotrading just need usual methods or easy things to make a profit and not like in forex that you will need a lot of effort in studying a lot of charts and putting a lot of effort in watching the movement of the chart and many more hassle things that you will encounter in forex but in cryptotrading you just need a small time to look at the charts and execute trading then boom, you can earn profits in a lot easier than hassle forex.
yes it is very much important to have a good trading strategy. i think if you do not have a good strategy then it is very risky as it is very much complected to invest your money in trading altcoin or trading bitcoin.
and my strategy is that i use trading in a limit and never try to overcome that lime. whenever i reach to that limit then i try to stop trading any more, and then start trading for the next day again.
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:01:38 PM

My trading is strategy is very simple , I buy altcoin the price is cheap and then I will sell it if the coin pump or increase to make a profit. This strategy is very effective many traders also uese this strategy. There are many strategies you follow its your choice who strategies you pick . I also make a research before buying coin to know if they have potential to increase or not. I also make a research before I sell the coin I have because I want to know if this coin have more increase .
to me my trading strategy is very simple i play gambling with some planing and strategy, i try my best to withdraw my invested amount through profit and then continue with the profit.
i think it will already be a very right decision that if you are playing gambling with some planing or strategy, as gambling is really a very risky way of making money therefore you need to very much careful while making money in gambling.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:14:45 PM

Trade with patient..wait the prize go down and buy bunch of alts coin then sell it when the prize go up. Just be patient and dont be too greedy. Many peopke hold to long the alts.but for me. Buy and sell wtleast i gain profit on it.
yes no doubt about this that you need to remain as too much patient while trading bitcoin, as some time the price of bitcoin remain very stable and you will wait for a long time but you do not have to lose heart and must wait for some more time when the price of bitcoin will start increasing.
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:04:10 AM

yes no doubt about this that you need to remain as too much patient while trading bitcoin, as some time the price of bitcoin remain very stable and you will wait for a long time but you do not have to lose heart and must wait for some more time when the price of bitcoin will start increasing.
yes while trading bitcoin you must be patient, because some time the price of bitcoins start decreasing which turn people in panic so in such kind of situation you need to be more patient and not go sell your bitcoin in panic like situation.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
terrate

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

Newbie in online currency , love learning

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:11:43 AM

Mine is very simple. Buy when stable low price point is visible. And sell in volatile rallies . Or just hold long term for investment purposes. And yes I was able to make profits.

Same, since I was not a professional trader. I am only like guessing. Basing from the movement in the price. I am based on the buy and sell wall, If I can see that there are huge buy wall, then I add 1 sat with that. then when I have the coin. I am now looking at the sell wall. Then I subtract 1 sat with that. meaning I am only into the buy/sell wall. Usually I consider that a wall if the price before it reaches my bid/ask is 1BTC. Luckily, I am earning from that strategy and Im comfortable using that since I've started learning trading.
I think you can do much better by taking most of the guess work out of your trading equation by embracing some proven and tested indicators especially those ones that tends to highlight good entry and exit prices. Do you know of any of such indicators, if not simply ask, the wheels have already been invented long ago, no need trying to invent another wheel or enhance inefficiency by ignoring it.

I can do this on forex but cant do in altcoin trading.
altcoin trading is a bit different on that.
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 09:15:25 AM

good forex trading or altcoin necessarily have same strategy, but in altcoin trade would require a more thorough analysis to trade
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:44:45 AM

i think it will already be a very right decision that if you are playing gambling with some planing or strategy, as gambling is really a very risky way of making money therefore you need to very much careful while making money in gambling.
to me i think planing is not only important for gambling but for trading and investment you also need to have good planing, so that you can get good return from your investment and trading.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:01:10 AM

to me i think planing is not only important for gambling but for trading and investment you also need to have good planing, so that you can get a good return from your investment and trading.
He is a lucky boy, so he is making a profit in gambling. Don't know what planning and strategy he is making to win money in gambling. According to me, there is no strategy will work in gambling. But trading and investment will require more planning and strategy. We can not do this blindly. Altcoin trading will give us some decent profit in short period.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:35:59 AM

yes, I also do it, before you buy altcoin, you have to observe price and the possibility to getting advantage that more great, and then you sell when the price is high. it is simple way to trade, other than that, you must have knowlege about trade and invest. and not only doing invest or trade in one place with all our money, and then you have look good time for sell that, it's very requires patience and skill, because we all know, all we do certainly have a risk, then if you have a strategy and skill, it will minimize the risk of loss..but the core of the trade is that you buy at a low price and selling it when prices are high, then you will get benefit, ..  Grin Grin Grin Cool
hamiltonik

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:39:41 AM

to me i think planing is not only important for gambling but for trading and investment you also need to have good planing, so that you can get a good return from your investment and trading.
He is a lucky boy, so he is making a profit in gambling. Don't know what planning and strategy he is making to win money in gambling. According to me, there is no strategy will work in gambling. But trading and investment will require more planning and strategy. We can not do this blindly. Altcoin trading will give us some decent profit in short period.

In gambling there is no working strategy, the whole game is based only on excitement and luck. In altcoin or bitcoin, you can act almost like everywhere to buy when cheaper and sell when more expensive.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:54:37 AM

In gambling there is no working strategy, the whole game is based only on excitement and luck. In altcoin or bitcoin, you can act almost like everywhere to buy when cheaper and sell when more expensive.
Thats only a basic thing on trading on either bitcoin or altcoins it does give us profits specially on long term when we are doing on it very well and yes it does really need knowledge and skills to do so not on comparing on pure gambling which we almost rely on purely luck. In my trading strategy its not only a basic thing or skills like most others said buy low and sell high,it may sound simple but in reality its very hard to execute and hard to know on when is the right time to do such action.

DocGTR

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:24:04 AM

Thats only a basic thing on trading on either bitcoin or altcoins it does give us profits specially on long term when we are doing on it very well and yes it does really need knowledge and skills to do so not on comparing on pure gambling which we almost rely on purely luck. In my trading strategy its not only a basic thing or skills like most others said buy low and sell high,it may sound simple but in reality its very hard to execute and hard to know on when is the right time to do such action.

Predicting the exact price drop is difficult, but over time, the experience of this action is much better. The main thing is not to give way to panic or emotions.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:20:29 PM

Predicting the exact price drop is difficult, but over time, the experience of this action is much better. The main thing is not to give way to panic or emotions.

No one can always predict correctly the price increase or decrease of the bitcoin/ altcoins for trading. The main thing is that in the event of loss be patient and hope to get the direction back in favor of yours.
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 12:27:55 PM

No one can always predict correctly the price increase or decrease of the bitcoin/ altcoins for trading. The main thing is that in the event of loss be patient and hope to get the direction back in favor of yours.

In altcoins you cannot afford to hold it for a long term as if price starts falling then there is a full possibility that it may not recover so in that case its good to sell your coins even if you have made some loss to avoid huge loss by holding it longer.
AnidMCast

Activity: 174

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:18:49 PM

i buy on 1 sat and sel over 500 sat oshi hahahaha
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:05:13 PM

my favorite strategy without a doubt is the short put, short call, or both together (ie short strangle).   in other words, selling options naked.  before you say this is stupid/dangerous/risky based on what someone has told you - i will tell you that it's true, it can be stupid/risky/dangerous if done wrong. 
by wrong I mean:
1) not knowing the underlying well. 
2) not knowing how to manage it properly. 
3) not know the worst case scenarios of every trade you place. 
4) not having enough capital.
5) not knowing how much of your portfolio to allocate to these types of trades.
6) not knowing the impact of earnings while this trade is on.
7) not knowing the type of environment to avoid or lessen exposure to this type of strategy.
so as you can see, this is not a beginner's strategy.  but when you become more experienced with options and have enough capital, you realize that it's a great, high  probability of success strategy to at least consider.    
feel free to watch yourself live in your real trading account trade these strategies and deal with all the above mentioned  points.
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:17:21 PM

In altcoins you cannot afford to hold it for a long term as if price starts falling then there is a full possibility that it may not recover so in that case its good to sell your coins even if you have made some loss to avoid huge loss by holding it longer.

That is really present in most of the altcoins especially those coins freshed from ICO. Taking advantage of their pumps and dumps must be on regular basis since even for a seconds, a big price movement can happen. That's how hard and heavy the price volatility in terms of altcoins.

But there are certain alts that is good for long term holding at least based on my own preferences. One good example is NEM/XEM. Price movement here have slow phase so to feel profit here, it needs lots of bags of purchase. Basically try to be a whale Smiley. Im holding this coin for over a year now which I bought at below 500 sats (others avail this at 300 sats) and now the current price is sitting at 2,000 sats.

There are also other coins that is reasonable for long term holding. Just do some deep research about this.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: