Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304621 times)
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:22:19 PM

My strategy to buy when prices fall and selling when prices rise .
it is not a strategy. it is an exact science to make trades. you must do it. strategy is how you are to take profits here. trading is easy if you have a large capital.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 01:53:39 PM

it is not a strategy. it is an exact science to make trades. you must do it. strategy is how you are to take profits here. trading is easy if you have a large capital.

It is. Just in case, it is called BTFD. May work unless you start catching falling knives

rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:59:27 PM

Mine is simple and the best. Buy low, wait, sell high.  Tongue

For extra I do day trading when there is panic making the price swing up and down.

Don't force yourself to trade that much, take some distance from time to time.

my strategy is almost same as yours but i upgraded it, as i sell only when price rises 15% more than i bought, so this way i always get profit, as i trade bitcoins only

but not trading and just keeping eye on price is good too as you will get needed info so you will be able to predict price in future, and if you will do that you will get more profit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 04:33:40 PM

Mine is simple and the best. Buy low, wait, sell high.  Tongue

For extra I do day trading when there is panic making the price swing up and down.

Don't force yourself to trade that much, take some distance from time to time.

my strategy is almost same as yours but i upgraded it, as i sell only when price rises 15% more than i bought, so this way i always get profit, as i trade bitcoins only

but not trading and just keeping eye on price is good too as you will get needed info so you will be able to predict price in future, and if you will do that you will get more profit
I generally try to sell high buy low. Most of the time however, I end up needing the money when I have no other money. in addition, I never buy bitcoinb, but insteadf sell goods and services.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 09:20:34 PM

The waiting strategy... I heard of it but it sounds highly risky to me. Deadly with leverage for sure too.

This strategy is called reversion to the mean (mean reversion). The point is that most of the time the price of an asset (usually stocks and commodities) returns to its mean value (over the years) in due course

Yeah, that is probably true for stable values like world currencies or gold, oil and such. Though it would mean a really long term investment which most people that speak about trading here will never consider. At least for daytrading it is deadly... it broke my neck last time I tried my next run of learning how to trade. Cheesy

Of course I traded with leverage because I only wanted to risk $20 in total for that run. It's still way way better than risking more until I can be very very sure that I have a proper advantage and loss management.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:10:43 PM

I say its a strategy depending on the approach thats given.

It may not be bitcoin, but it can be certainly go for the approach for alt coins then translate back to bitcoins.

bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:38:48 AM

I really don't get you guys. Cheesy

They most likely mean that closing a losing position is not an option, i.e. you should always wait it over till price reverts

No, I have read that too often now. It's publicized like it would be a strategy of some kind. While it should be nothing worth to mention because it's the basic of what one does while trading. If one does not do this then he does not trade for profit.

The waiting strategy... I heard of it but it sounds highly risky to me. Deadly with leverage for sure too.
If you want to have a good trading strategy than you have to know what you must make some profit with it and that would be nice for you.
But it would be risky also if the price is not rising so you cant make also that much profit.

bittrojan

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:29:16 PM

For me,the best trading strategy is patience,keep watch the price movement,have good knowledge about what you trade,and something like good funds for trade,its all depend you to brave take a risk for bigger profit with bigger funds.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 07:28:02 PM

Yeah, that is probably true for stable values like world currencies or gold, oil and such. Though it would mean a really long term investment which most people that speak about trading here will never consider. At least for daytrading it is deadly... it broke my neck last time I tried my next run of learning how to trade. Cheesy

Of course I traded with leverage because I only wanted to risk $20 in total for that run. It's still way way better than risking more until I can be very very sure that I have a proper advantage and loss management.

I came to the conclusion that without insider knowledge and arbitrage opportunities the only viable option for trading is trading, well, options. It requires deep understanding how they work, but once you get the hang of it, you can fluently control your risk exposure without any particular knowledge about and insight into the underlying asset...

Day trading is heavy on one's psychic

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:43:10 PM

I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.
The thing I mostly do is looking at the upcoming future and the price it has.
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:50:56 AM

Simple strategy is patiently and closely monitoring the flow of the btc rate keeping updated on it.  comparing the value of the purchased btc on its specific date of purchase with the current value if it is profitable to sell.

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Davnarkel2

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 06:16:30 PM

My strategy is simple, buy when the price goes down and sell when the price goes up. I do a 50/50 split keep fiat on an exchange incase price moves to levarage against bitcoin dropping. The bitcoin I have on localbtc

A good strategy)
Karat

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:27:59 PM

Simple strategy is patiently and closely monitoring the flow of the btc rate keeping updated on it.  comparing the value of the purchased btc on its specific date of purchase with the current value if it is profitable to sell.
So you consider only buying and selling of btc as Trading? I think altcoins have a better chance of making you rich , dont you agree? some coins can make you so rich if you buy some and leave it for some days . i have never traded btc , do you think should i give it a try ?

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 07:09:04 PM

So you consider only buying and selling of btc as Trading? I think altcoins have a better chance of making you rich , dont you agree? some coins can make you so rich if you buy some and leave it for some days . i have never traded btc , do you think should i give it a try ?

I don't know how something riskier can have a better chance of making you rich. I always thought that more risk means a higher chance of losing all...

How can it possibly be exactly the other way round?

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 12:22:34 AM

I do not have a real strategy to trade, I just sometimes take the risk to trade on the right moment.

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:43:55 AM

I also have the same thought, just sometimes trade when you want, I do not have a real plan but I just look at the prices and sometimes at the upcoming altcoins that are growing.
When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:56:13 AM

When you are trading without any proper plan, then you must hold your buying for some longer period. Otherwise, making profit consistently with your trading would be very much difficult. When you're holding for some period, then the bitcoin prices would be changing significantly. But holding your altcoins would be a riskier one.

Keep in mind, its still a gamble.

Youre hoping to see one of the trades go in your favor using whatever trade setup you have.

So call it what you want, but if a person doesnt have any recourse on making that money back they shouldnt trade at all.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 11:19:09 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 03:31:03 PM by deisik

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped away is hardly a good idea

darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:11:43 PM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped out is hardly a good idea
But I too believe, in long-term bitcoin would be profitable. So simply buying and holding our bitcoin would be profitable. For that we do not need any trading strategy.
If you are able to make profit either long-term or short-term, then there is no need of worrying about pending losses or for expanding your profits.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 03:15:06 PM

As the saying goes, if you don't have a plan, plan to lose.  And it seems to be even more important how are you going to deal with pending losses versus what you are going to do with expanding profits...

Just sit and watch your account being wiped out is hardly a good idea
But I too believe, in long-term bitcoin would be profitable. So simply buying and holding our bitcoin would be profitable. For that we do not need any trading strategy.
If you are able to make profit either long-term or short-term, then there is no need of worrying about pending losses or for expanding your profits

What you refer to here should rather be called investing, not trading. There is nothing wrong with this, but traders are expected to earn by buying and selling, then rinse, repeat. Novice traders usually get married to their losing positions and turn from short-term traders into long-term investors...

Consequently, closing a losing position early allows to keep on trading without getting stuck in "investing"

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: