Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 304622 times)
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:58:00 AM

My trading strategy is the normal strategy thats what the ordinary trader do I buy altcoin who the price is cheap and then I wait the price to increase before I sell it to make profit. But before I do that I make a research to know if the coin I want to buy have potenital to increase.  If you want to become successful trader make a resesrch because those people dont do research the result is failed. It is your choice what strategy did you use.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:34:41 AM

My trading strategy is the normal strategy thats what the ordinary trader do I buy altcoin who the price is cheap and then I wait the price to increase before I sell it to make profit. But before I do that I make a research to know if the coin I want to buy have potenital to increase.  If you want to become successful trader make a resesrch because those people dont do research the result is failed. It is your choice what strategy did you use.
that's the best tools before entering the trade better to equip with knowledge and understanding as there's a lots of coins which been developed and its hard to pick which project have the big potentials to rise up its value, study and apply those knowledge because experience will teach you how to grow inside this industry.

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:39:35 AM

My simple trading altcoins strategy is buy on support are and sell on resistance area
it will work for the altcoins that has large capitalization,
and the other strategy trading is arbitrage, if there are different price between exchangers
 unfortunately it can not happening every time.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:34:13 AM

play trading should require a great hunch. Well, I always make predictions before bed, so when I woke up, I could immediately see the results. Well, I did it against the coin being dropped them, so, sometimes the price goes up when I woke up. Well, sometimes it worked.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:27:42 AM

My simple trading altcoins strategy is buy on support are and sell on resistance area
it will work for the altcoins that has large capitalization,
and the other strategy trading is arbitrage, if there are different price between exchangers
 unfortunately it can not happening every time.
Yeah your right arbitage can't make anytime because if you see an nice difference price like X-COIN has 50sats in c-cex and in Yobit its 75sats. But unconditionally you didn't know how fast is there transaction can confirmed,  So arbitage can't work anytime just buy low | sell high.

Also i have some new one that i learned from my sensei its called "Sizing" (Averaging down) example X-COIN if you have 1BTC divide it by four so it would be 0.25BTC, then you buy X-COIN @100sats worth of 0.25BTC then x-coin dumps to 50sats, so you just need to buy again @50sats worth of 0.25BTC, then your current price is just now 75sats, so if 75sats achieved your 0.5BTC is now safe and if its back to 100sats you can earn a profit worth of 0.25BTC.

Did you get it ?
klixion

Activity: 645

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:44:14 PM

Good informative thread with excellent tips on trading.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:21:07 PM

my favorite strategy without a doubt is the short put, short call, or both together (ie short strangle).   in other words, selling options naked.  before you say this is stupid/dangerous/risky based on what someone has told you - i will tell you that it's true, it can be stupid/risky/dangerous if done wrong. 
by wrong I mean:
1) not knowing the underlying well. 
2) not knowing how to manage it properly. 
3) not know the worst case scenarios of every trade you place. 
4) not having enough capital.
5) not knowing how much of your portfolio to allocate to these types of trades.
6) not knowing the impact of earnings while this trade is on.
7) not knowing the type of environment to avoid or lessen exposure to this type of strategy.
so as you can see, this is not a beginner's strategy.  but when you become more experienced with options and have enough capital, you realize that it's a great, high  probability of success strategy to at least consider.    
feel free to watch yourself live in your real trading account trade these strategies and deal with all the above mentioned  points.

Wouldn't the long strangle be the better strategy for bitcoin, as far as I know short strangle is for markets where there is little volatility if any at all, long strangle is for high volatility markets like bitcoin, definitely the best example for that kind of strategy.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:24:11 PM

play trading should require a great hunch. Well, I always make predictions before bed, so when I woke up, I could immediately see the results. Well, I did it against the coin being dropped them, so, sometimes the price goes up when I woke up. Well, sometimes it worked.

So you are a short trader. This is what I'm doing also but only for bitcoin's price band when it comes to the price of alt coins that I'm holding, I want it to hold for better. I don't have enough strategy or something like that. I'm just depending on the market and I'm holding it. And when I saw that there's a profit already, I'm simply selling it and no more regrets when I already did.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:34:06 AM

Mine is simple and the best. Buy low, wait, sell high.  Tongue

For extra I do day trading when there is panic making the price swing up and down.

Don't force yourself to trade that much, take some distance from time to time.
First thing, that I do daily is first visit  http://www.coinmarketcap.com. This enable me to see the volume and analyze if it is high or not. If it is high, I will buy and hold until it volume began to reduce and if it reduce I will sell because I know the price will start to go down.
MiguelTheMVP

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:19:09 AM

Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/ZkMo9ZC.png
Just study first the flow in trading. I buy different coins in a low cost and I wait some week or even months then I will sell it. That's my strategy.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:30:50 AM

Let's see the LakeBTC's graceful charts, during this period when drop $2 per rise $1  Angry

How do you keep the profit? If cant, how do you stop loss? please share your strategy with me, thanks!

Since bitcoin price in the market are not stable, it go for the trade when bitcoin price is low or dump to get a bitcoin then to trade a local currency or dollar I go when the bitcoin price is high.

We can't manipulate the pump and dump of the price so to make a good profit, they need to wait the right time to buy and sell.

Before that I read more about bitcoin economy and make a opinion from the professional trader to make a good decision for trading.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
halych

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:08:23 PM

My main principles in trading are:
Do not show emotion
Do not be greedy
Do not regret the lost.
I try to enjoy the trade and not think about how to make money trading

KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:53:47 PM

First you must study the flow of the trading and the variables of the trading. You must buy when the price of the coin is goes down and you must sell your coin if the worth of the coin is goes up.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:17:44 PM

Do not show emotion
Do not be greedy
Do not regret the lost.
Few points are acceptable, and few are confused. Do not be greedy this is 100% correct. If you become greedy, you will not have success in any business. Do not show emotion yes whatever happen you should control your emotion. But I have not understood one thing what fun you will get in this trading. What you will enjoy in trading. And we do trading to make money if we do not think means how it is possible.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:28:22 AM

First you must study the flow of the trading and the variables of the trading. You must buy when the price of the coin is goes down and you must sell your coin if the worth of the coin is goes up.
In short, study the market first so you can be able to manage the risk and the bad and good situations very well. Most of the times newbies are greedy that they just jump in trading without any knowledge while the smart newbies study the trading and play safe in the market. That is what we need to do to be able to survive to the hungry market, is to study first and if we know what are the average movement then we can take the risk and win in almost trades.
Yuhee

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:53:57 AM

Do not show emotion
Do not be greedy
Do not regret the lost.
Few points are acceptable, and few are confused. Do not be greedy this is 100% correct. If you become greedy, you will not have success in any business. Do not show emotion yes whatever happen you should control your emotion. But I have not understood one thing what fun you will get in this trading. What you will enjoy in trading. And we do trading to make money if we do not think means how it is possible.

Emotions? well in a ways also my strategy is be aware of the news the altcoin i am investing in. Just be in touch with each coins in the market and a lot of observing of each progress. Because as a trader you have to be patient and know the odds of why its price is either going down or going low. And keep in mind that trading takes time and there is no instant millionaire in this trade.
fanita

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:28:40 AM

Buy when the price drops and sells when the price rises think of that future with bitcoin.

DevilSlayer

Activity: 1428
Merit: 358

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:43:38 AM

My strategy is very simple. First I buy when the price is low and I will wait to chance that I will sell the coin that I buy to high prices. By doing that you may gain some profit and you can stop your loss.
radjie

Activity: 1820
Merit: 264

www.licx.io

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:22:44 AM

Actually trade should not have a strategy but we must dare to do it either it will face loss or profit.
If we do have a strong conviction to trade by itself trading strategy will appear to us.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
worldmobilecoin

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

World Mobile Coin

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 09:59:50 AM

Actually trade should not have a strategy but we must dare to do it either it will face loss or profit.
If we do have a strong conviction to trade by itself trading strategy will appear to us.

Yes, trading without knowledge very dangerous. Most people always focus on method and strategy. But success traders always consider risk and money management. Trading VS Investment. Seems to be same but they are not.

WMCC: wc1qcl3qeqkjamt8m7ass0weu9ep6s8se722y553jm
BTC: 1N1ZM9xCzHtn8mD4a4JYUm7bC5T54CBDmD
ETH: 0x6145e253196C7a7CEDDA1797B69E2ba67Fe3219b
BCH: 18CW3B95oTtW5MYG7GAs8isABA4TeNntWA
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: