Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptolator silver 1BTC graded MS-69 (auction ends Nov. 23 @ 5:00PM EST)  (Read 4792 times)
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:34:40 PM

Really nice coin and grade. What's the highest known grade for this series?

Depends on who grades them...ICG hands out higher grades than ANACS would for these. So a MS-69 ICG is probably an MS-67 ANACS wise. Also ANACS is a more respected company #3 of the big four. ICG being #4, but the top 2 will not grade physical cryptos  Undecided

I am not convinced that ANACS hands out lower grades on Cryptolator silver series coins. The only ANACS one I have seen is a MS-68, which is also the lowest grade ICG gave any of the ones I sent in.

This has come up before without a good resolution as many collectors have their preference on which grader is best for cryptos. Do you want to do a test to see what grade ANACS would give? I'll send you two Cryptolator silver series graded by ICG at MS-68 or MS-69 that you submit to ANACS for regrading (you cover the cost for submitting to ANACS). If they score more than one grade in either direction, you can to keep them. If they score the same grade or +/- 1 grade, you mail them back. The worst case is you are out $28 plus shipping for the regrade. The best case is you get two coins for a good price.

What do you say? ICG vs. ANACS?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bidoh

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:01:05 PM

0.25BTC
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:11:32 PM

Depends on who grades them...ICG hands out higher grades than ANACS would for these. So a MS-69 ICG is probably an MS-67 ANACS wise. Also ANACS is a more respected company #3 of the big four. ICG being #4, but the top 2 will not grade physical cryptos  Undecided

I am not convinced that ANACS hands out lower grades on Cryptolator silver series coins. The only ANACS one I have seen is a MS-68, which is also the lowest grade ICG gave any of the ones I sent in.

This has come up before without a good resolution as many collectors have their preference on which grader is best for cryptos. Do you want to do a test to see what grade ANACS would give? I'll send you two Cryptolator silver series graded by ICG at MS-68 or MS-69 that you submit to ANACS for regrading (you cover the cost for submitting to ANACS). If they score more than one grade in either direction, you can to keep them. If they score the same grade or +/- 1 grade, you mail them back. The worst case is you are out $28 plus shipping for the regrade. The best case is you get two coins for a good price.

Sure crack those slbas open and I will send them in...this will be interesting!
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 11:10:30 PM

Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this Smiley

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:03:43 PM

I'll include them with the other two coins you won in the auction. No need to break open the slab, just submit them as crossovers. Let's avoid the chance of damaging the coin by cracking them open. If either of the coins are off by more than 1 grade (either direction), then you get to keep that coin. The coins I am sending are #68 and #59 both graded at MS-68 by ICG. 

I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

I am not so sure about sending them an already slabbed coin..seems that would possibly sway their grading? I think you should yank them from slabs and go that route.
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

I am not so sure about sending them an already slabbed coin..seems that would possibly sway their grading? I think you should yank them from slabs and go that route.

I don't know, it could just as easily sway the grading in the opposite direction. If you are confident that you can break open the slab without damaging the coin, then we can go that route.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:17:14 PM

I don't know, it could just as easily sway the grading in the opposite direction. If you are confident that you can break open the slab without damaging the coin, then we can go that route.

I would just use a dremel and cut the bottom part of the slab off. No chance of hurting the coin that way then peel it open. If you are good with me doing it, and will not hold me responsible I will yank them. I am 99% sure I can remove them damage free. Let me know!
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:19:00 PM

I would just use a dremel and cut the bottom part of the slab off. No chance of hurting the coin that way then peel it open. If you are good with me doing it, and will not hold me responsible I will yank them. I am 99% sure I can remove them damage free. Let me know!

Yeah, let's go for it.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 04:19:50 PM

Yeah, let's go for it.

This is going to be really cool... I will take some pictures of me owning that slab for sure!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 09:44:41 PM

It took all of 5 minutes to free those coins from the slabs...was easier than I would have guessed.

http://imgur.com/a/BudY3

Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:23:06 AM

It took all of 5 minutes to free those coins from the slabs...was easier than I would have guessed.

http://imgur.com/a/BudY3

Great! Now, let's see how they do with ANACS. Cheesy
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:00:37 PM

Any update on the grade from ANACS yet ?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:27:34 AM

Also interested in knowing Smiley

I've since received the coin from Pistachio and have been very happy with it. It looks amazing.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 01:44:39 AM

Nothing yet..I use economy service so will take a bit. Also with it being the holidays I expect a few are probably off work on vacation.
Pistachio (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:45:31 AM

Here are some recent Cryptolator coins graded by ANACS. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=885003.msg9877107#msg9877107

Can't wait to see how the silver ones do.  Smiley
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:53:08 PM

Here are some recent Cryptolator coins graded by ANACS. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=885003.msg9877107#msg9877107

Can't wait to see how the silver ones do.  Smiley

I sent a total of 5 Cryptolater coins in

Your 2 x Silver + 2 of the copper, and 1 of the gold ones. - Calling it now 5 x MS-67 for the grades with DCAM!!
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:54:26 PM

Following this, should be interesting Smiley
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 04:26:46 AM

Status updated on ANACS website to "Shipping" so I will have grades tomorrow before they leave to me. I can not wait to see some MS-67/68's and score a free Silver!
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:45:39 PM

This should be interesting!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: