Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:14:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Mark of the Beast?  (Read 13698 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:13:10 PM

how would they force a business to use an address?

Check your receipts and send in undercover agents to pretend to be customers to see what address your using.

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AndBobsYourUncle

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:05:49 AM

Here's my two satoshis... Forgive me if this was already posted, but I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine about Bitcoin and this was my response.

Bitcoin, as far as I understand it, can never work like the MOTB, because the payment system described by the MOTB is actually the opposite of Bitcoin. Think about it this way: the MOTB requires the store or whatever to scan you and deduct the money from your account, whereas Bitcoin requires the person to *send* the money to the store.

Since the two systems essentially are polar opposites, my response to my friend was that Bitcoin is actually the last great chance humanity has to adopt a system that could run counter to a MOTB scheme.

What *could* become the MOTB is something like Canada's MintChip. Does this make sense? What are your guys' thoughts?
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:48:52 AM

Here's my two satoshis... Forgive me if this was already posted, but I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine about Bitcoin and this was my response.

Bitcoin, as far as I understand it, can never work like the MOTB, because the payment system described by the MOTB is actually the opposite of Bitcoin. Think about it this way: the MOTB requires the store or whatever to scan you and deduct the money from your account, whereas Bitcoin requires the person to *send* the money to the store.

Since the two systems essentially are polar opposites, my response to my friend was that Bitcoin is actually the last great chance humanity has to adopt a system that could run counter to a MOTB scheme.

What *could* become the MOTB is something like Canada's MintChip. Does this make sense? What are your guys' thoughts?

At least the bitcoin we have today will never ever function as a tool for all transactions worldwide. Insofar we are safe from being forced to do every transaction via the blockchain.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
AndBobsYourUncle

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:12:17 AM

At least the bitcoin we have today will never ever function as a tool for all transactions worldwide. Insofar we are safe from being forced to do every transaction via the blockchain.

I'm not understanding this reply. If Bitcoin did become a universal, global payment system, would we all have the blockchain in our foreheads or hands?

I'm not even sure it would be feasible to have a hardware wallet embedded in that way.

And being forced to use Bitcoin would only satisfy one requirement for the MOTB. It still is impossible for it to satisfy the other criteria: being forced to have a mark in the forehead or hand to buy or sell. Like I said, since an embedded hardware wallet couldn't function with Bitcoin, then Bitcoin couldn't be the MOTB.

For an implantable device to function for commerce, the seller would have to scan and deduct from the buyer... and Bitcoin functions in the opposite direction (buyer sends to seller).

Or maybe I'm not fully understanding your response... It appears that there was a hint of sarcasm in your reply, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:06:26 PM

I have already pondered this.

All bar codes being used right now already have 666 embedded in them.  There are two lines at the beginning, two lines in the middle and two lines at the end without any numbers on them but they are equal to the "6" seen on the last half of a bar code (for some reason the 6 at the beginning of bar codes do not have the same line size) but nevertheless, it is enough to make one uneasy.

That said, I think BTC will become wildly popular.  It will be anonymous and governments will NOT like that.  So, in order to make sure they can keep their control over their minions they will force everyone to put a bar code (that already has 666 on it) on their hands or heads and then they can keep track that way, because they will not be able to monitor it any other way.

So, does the Bible in a sense  confirm the success of BTC or some other crypotcurrency in a way?  It is something I have thought of.

Personally, I think more Christians should be buying BTC.  It might be helpful to remain "anonymous" a little while longer anyways.  Just my thoughts on this.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:28:35 PM

Mark of the BTC  Shocked

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:05:18 PM

Wrong title.
Bitcoin is good fiat is evil.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:51:23 PM

For the same reason I used to think it isn't but now I think it indeed is.

BITCOIN is the Apocalypse!!!  Shocked

But look up what Apocalypse actually means: "disclosure of knowledge, hidden from humanity in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception".

Bitcoin will force all the hidden players to come out and show their true faces. Makes perfect sense to me.  Cool

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 10:02:39 PM

2 favourite subjects in one thread!

Looking at Hollywood depictions of how satan does control it tends to involve way superior maths and taking advantage of faulty human psychology. We see a lot of that here.

Don't forget to have a look at other religions view of Satan; Jewish, the various Islam sects and so on. Can someone chime in?
There's also the alien conspiracy line to mix in if we want - breeding humanity, control by money... somewhat got us between a rock and a hard place but also not so almighty.

So Satan can crack AES and it's game over would be one thing.

It does look a lot like people are manipulated by numbers. Bitcoin could fit into it but I think whatever is available would be used anyway - not so different to stock markets.

If you have a view that Satan is also positive in that all negatives have an upside you can work it round to an education viewpoint. Bit harsh of a lesson in some cases but advocate would say life is harsh anyway. I'd like to know what life would be like left on it's own - does a wolf stay a wolf or turn into a dog eventually?

Someone on this thread earlier mentioned that they didn't feel forced use would be such a threat because people can always transact in other ways. Have you ever tried to do things like that in real life? Sometimes it's fine, sometimes people just don't trust you; try to pay for a house in cash maybe you're a drug dealer, gold - did you steal it. So it needs mind control too.

Bitcoin is a game changer for the world but I feel that yes, if it become very popular it would be used against us, be that from Satan, oligograph governments or one via the other, whatever. That's why you got to stay ahead of the curve. It might be easier motivation to imagine that the force pushing you beyond the curve is life rather than Satan or maybe it's better the other way round for you.

If you're thinking positive then projects and opportunities like Bitcoin will just come to you. That's what praying's about - not asking some bearded chuff for a favor but bringing in what you want to happen by thinking about it in the efficient way to elicit change. So, visualise what you would like Bitcoin to be and imagine the positive feeling that you might get as if it were now for the win.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:43:41 AM

Ripple is more in sync as being "centralized" to become MOTB. But most likely MOTB will be a crypto currency and I have my suspicion it will come from the UN or a "respected" organization like that. If it comes from the US suspicion will arise and some countries would refuse to use it. But the lies from the UN makes it the perfect MOM for MOTB.

Do not forget, the UN asked to have their own drones, for peace of course! http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/un-seeks-drones-for-peacekeeping-missions/2013/01/08/39575660-599e-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 07:32:35 AM

Years ago I learned that the ancient Hebrew and/or Sumarian symbol for the number six, looks alot like the letter 'w'.

www = 666  Shocked

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:14:43 AM

Looks like i might not have been so far off the mark after all:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332918.msg3571615#msg3571615

more or less retired.
kderentz

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:36:37 PM

Sorry for the bump of a old thread but came across this topic as Bitcoin became a discussion at my Men's Christian group.

While I agree with the post above mostly, another issue that was brought up on another site, was the fact that the new Bitcoin ATMs require that your palm is scanned for verification and to "prevent" money laundering. It palms scanning or scanning of the eyes get worked in during regulation of Bitcoin by governments then this could line up with the Bible verse very nicely
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:42:23 PM

While I agree with the post above mostly, another issue that was brought up on another site, was the fact that the new Bitcoin ATMs require that your palm is scanned for verification and to "prevent" money laundering. It palms scanning or scanning of the eyes get worked in during regulation of Bitcoin by governments then this could line up with the Bible verse very nicely

No idea if you are trolling or what, but I don't see what the security measures that an ATM device uses to ensure you aren't going to pass it fake money has to do with bitcoin or the Bible.

If I set up Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe but only allow my customers to buy stuff with bitcoin if they know the secret handshake, it says about as much about bitcoin as does this.

Similarly all the documents that an exchange like Bitstamp or Kraken will ask for is not inherently part of bitcoin either.

Whether giving your biometrics to some random ATM company is a good idea is a whole other topic. Bottom line is it's not part of Bitcoin, it's part of that company's procedures.
rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:06:10 PM

So over 2000 years ago the Bible predicted the you would not be able to trade for goods and services without the mark of the beast. Think about that 2000 years ago, when you could just walk down the road and trade your apple for an orange. So the Bible predicted a system 2000 years into the future like what we have now.

Think about that. I'm just saying....

Rob Roll Eyes
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:31:06 PM

So over 2000 years ago the Bible predicted the you would not be able to trade for goods and services without the mark of the beast. Think about that 2000 years ago, when you could just walk down the road and trade your apple for an orange. So the Bible predicted a system 2000 years into the future like what we have now.

Rob Roll Eyes
Heh - that's what I was just thinking when re-reading this relic of a thread. We've had legal tender laws for a while, now. They may've had legal tender laws way back then, too... unsure.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

Rob Roll Eyes
Huh?  We don't currently have a system like what is describe in the bible as the mark of the beast.
miragecash

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:08:26 PM

dude, why do you think that satoshi nakamoto has not spent even a mBTC ? any real japanese dude i know would've partied with sake and babes with that coin. why do you think that the crypto protocol was cooked up by the NSA? sha-256.

Yes, it is physically impossible to crack the bitcoin encryption with a brute force attack, BUT what if there is a mathematical back door in sha-256? Then, a brute force attack would not be necessary. To oversimply for illustration;

For this number sequence; 1 2 4 8 16 32, a brute force attack would be check all digits from 0 to 32 for the first digit, then repeat for the second, then repeat for the third, etc. This would take a long time, but a back door would be to multiply the first number by 2, then the second number by 2, then the third by 2. All you would have to guess is the first number to get all the others using this mathematical back door. Now, I'm sure that bitcoin's encryption involves a lot more complicated math, but this illustration should show the concept of how this could be accomplished.

bitcoin is the mark of the beast and satoshi nakamoto is the NSA. you and i are going straight to hell for profiteering off of bitcoin. my name is satan, oops, I mean Stan.
rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 04:11:04 AM

Rob Roll Eyes
Huh?  We don't currently have a system like what is describe in the bible as the mark of the beast.

Can you tattoo your Bitcoin public key in a QR code to your hand? Think about it??? Some day we will not be able to buy and sell with out the mark of the beast, I mean public key. The two might be the same..some day.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:14:46 AM

Absolutely the mark of the "Beast".

Mark my words - BTC will climb to $666 only to be struck down by the "Beast" himself.  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: