Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 05:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wood Collectors Bitcoin Art  (Read 7353 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:49:52 AM

New Piece Added and currently for sale

Image Gallery

Front

Reverse

Detail

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:49:56 PM

Another beautiful piece added and currently for sale Grin

"Monica" - a bitcoin water pipe

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:54:42 PM

New Piece added to the 2015 coin series.

"Resolute" - 11.5" physical bitcoin

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:41:35 PM

Scam Warning: WoodCollector

If you've bought a piece, or are considering buying one, please read here first.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:34:56 PM

Nice, my father always told me "your always going to find a few thick skulls on the road to greatness, when you find them it just means your doing something right"

Please stop by NUBBINS SCAM ACCUSATION THREAD where he wants to warn you all that i am a scamer and whatnot.  Grin

michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:38:42 PM

Nice, my father always told me "your always going to find a few thick skulls on the road to greatness, when you find them it just means your doing something right"

Please stop by NUBBINS SCAM ACCUSATION THREAD where he wants to warn you all that i am a scamer and whatnot.  Grin

Ridiculously placed scam accusation such as these should not be made by someone on the default trust list... Or it other words, maybe someone that makes such accusations should be removed from default trust.

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:48:22 PM

<stuff about trust>

Michael Adair's trust

Maybe you're not in the position to be suggesting who is in Default Trust and who isn't?

michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:49:38 PM

<stuff about trust>

Michael Adair's trust

Maybe you're not in the position to be suggesting who is in Default Trust and who isn't?

Just making a comment, didn't say I was going to do anything about it. Plus, if you saw a video of WoodCollector making his work would you be suaded?

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

<stuff about trust>

Michael Adair's trust

Just making a comment, didn't say I was going to do anything about it. Plus, if you saw a video of WoodCollector making his work would you be suaded?

I don't think he will produce a video of himself hand-carving a piece. If he does produce a video, I believe it will be a video of him fussing with his tools in order to give the appearance of hand-carving without actually doing so.

Unfortunately, WC has declined to produce a video for anyone but his clients, so I guess you have to pay a thousand dollars to find out for certain how they're made.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:07:20 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 03:40:01 PM by spazzdla

<stuff about trust>

Michael Adair's trust

I don't think he will produce a video of himself hand-carving a piece. If he does produce a video, I believe it will be a video of him fussing with his tools in order to give the appearance of hand-carving without actually doing so.

Unfortunately, WC has declined to produce a video for anyone but his clients, so I guess you have to pay a thousand dollars to find out for certain how they're made.

Promise to buy his work if he makes a video.

Wood collecter has always delivered his product.
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:27:34 PM

Guys, look i appreciate it, i really do, its really nice for you to stand up for me against this guy. But he is missing a little bit of information that people don't know unless they have commissioned a piece from me, and i am sure my clients will be jumping in to settle this down once they get online today. Any of my clients from here can tell you that i send them pictures along the way starting from the original sketch of the design concept (if they want to see it being done, a few wanted it to be a surprise), to carving, to applying the tung oil and linseed oil, to applying the finish coats of UV sealer and Spar right down to the finished product before it is posted on the forum, they know my art is authentic, as they paid for it.

Its really nice to see you all standing to my defense, but some people will still continue to whip a dead mule long after it dies. Nubbins was not aware that my clients get this information as their piece is being created, as none of you really were unless you commissioned something, and soon once they get online this will come to rest and he will have to find some other argument to make, hopefully with someone else.

deliveryman

Activity: 277

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:18:49 PM

I have paid and witnessed myself how he created my piece "Resolute":
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=927942

Along the way, I have witnessed all sketches and progress done. This is something I personally asked. If you order a piece, you can also choose the "surprise" route, in which he just crafts a beautifull piece and sends it to you without making progression pictures along the way. This guy is 100% legit. If he was not, I would not throw a 1000 EU against it. 
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:21:34 PM

I have paid and witnessed myself how he created my piece "Resolute":
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=927942

Along the way, I have witnessed all sketches and progress done. This is something I personally asked. If you order a piece, you can also choose the "surprise" route, in which he just crafts a beautifull piece and sends it to you without making progression pictures along the way. This guy is 100% legit. If he was not, I would not throw a 1000 EU against it. 

Thanks buddy, i knew some of you would get online sooner or later  Grin You have earned yourself a discount in the future for your troubles if you want anything else made for sure !!!! Sorry again for having to involve you in this.

IronMarvel2

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:44:31 PM

I commissioned 3 pieces and witnessed on all 3 of them the process of being made!!!
All 3 were drawn before and on all 3 were made changes by my request.
WoodCollector is such a nice person and takes a lot of time for his clients.
AND EVEN, if this pieces were carved by a laser... I would still love them and they would still be unique.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:08:27 PM

I commissioned 3 pieces and witnessed on all 3 of them the process of being made!!!
AND EVEN, if this pieces were carved by a laser... I would still love them and they would still be unique.

Just so we are clear, you did NOT receive any photos of the piece being carved? Just sketches?

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:15:55 PM

Just so we are clear, you did NOT receive any photos of the piece being carved? Just sketches?

Lol your whipping a dead horse here mate, Once he clears this up for you are you going to put an end to this nonsense?

poisenrang

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:36:51 PM

this pieces are stunning splendid nice, no words for this beauty's!!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
IronMarvel2

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:38:49 PM

He provided everything I asked for. He provided photos of the progress! Not only sketches!!
Man, this guy is 100% legit.
He is probaly the most fair guy in this forum. He did a mistake on his first coin auction and gave me an another person a hell of a deal. He did not need to, but he wanted to make it up. Why?? Because he is a nice person. He did not even earn a cent of this. Actually he had to pay on top for this.
It makes me so sad, that guys like him have to deal with such bullshit.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:43:47 AM

Amazing. I happen to be a woodworker of 40+ years myself (yes, I really am that old) and I contacted WoodCollecter just a couple days ago to see if he was interested in buying some Ironwood, although I never looked at his work. Now i see this and my mind is completely boggled. I did not read every post here, but I can affirm the opinion of a few I saw that have said that the intricate carving in question is done with a laser. I am 100% sure about it. NO doubt, case closed. What amazes me is not that he is using a laser etcher, but that he is denying it, especially at this point. I do have to say that the overall level of craftsmanship in the pieces I have seen pictures here is not impressive (wonky ass BTC cutouts, etc.), but the laser work is super cool. Should have been honest with your customers.

You can clearly see the line by line marks left on this piece that are definitely, without a doubt, with 100% certainty left by a laser engraver exactly the same as a printer does:

WHY? Why is it necessary to lie to people?
That is actually only a rhetorical question, because the prices WC is getting for "hand carved" pieces is why- duh. The stuff WC is making is cool, but what ever happened to being honest? Guess we can add WoodCollecter's name to the long list of BTC scammers. What a shame. Greed. It is a sickness. Instead of making great money making neato laser engraved items he has to play people for fucking fools and say that he is carving that shit by hand so he can charge Uber Craftsman prices. Disgusted.

Although I am actually lelling out loud here, maybe you're one of my socks Cool

Anyway, I uh, look:

Two-tone images (solid black and white, vector) are precisely and exclusively the sort of file that lasers would use to etch wood. If nothing else, the fact that he'd use a stock b&w vector image without even bothering to take 15 minutes to modify it a bit, rather than taking, say, an actual photograph of a roaring lion in a pose he likes, and creating an original drawing from that, speaks to his intentions. Quick bucks.

Everyone here who had the audacity to say unkind things to me in any thread relating to this matter should be ashamed of themselves.

WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:56:05 AM

Amazing. I happen to be a woodworker of 40+ years myself (yes, I really am that old) and I contacted WoodCollecter just a couple days ago to see if he was interested in buying some Ironwood, although I never looked at his work. Now i see this and my mind is completely boggled. I did not read every post here, but I can affirm the opinion of a few I saw that have said that the intricate carving in question is done with a laser. I am 100% sure about it. NO doubt, case closed. What amazes me is not that he is using a laser etcher, but that he is denying it, especially at this point. I do have to say that the overall level of craftsmanship in the pieces I have seen pictures here is not impressive (wonky ass BTC cutouts, etc.), but the laser work is super cool. Should have been honest with your customers.

You can clearly see the line by line marks left on this piece that are definitely, without a doubt, with 100% certainty left by a laser engraver exactly the same as a printer does:

WHY? Why is it necessary to lie to people?
That is actually only a rhetorical question, because the prices WC is getting for "hand carved" pieces is why- duh. The stuff WC is making is cool, but what ever happened to being honest? Guess we can add WoodCollecter's name to the long list of BTC scammers. What a shame. Greed. It is a sickness. Instead of making great money making neato laser engraved items he has to play people for fucking fools and say that he is carving that shit by hand so he can charge Uber Craftsman prices. Disgusted.

Although I am actually lelling out loud here, maybe you're one of my socks Cool

Anyway, I uh, look:

Two-tone images (solid black and white, vector) are precisely and exclusively the sort of file that lasers would use to etch wood. If nothing else, the fact that he'd use a stock b&w vector image without even bothering to take 15 minutes to modify it a bit, rather than taking, say, an actual photograph of a roaring lion in a pose he likes, and creating an original drawing from that, speaks to his intentions. Quick bucks.

Everyone here who had the audacity to say unkind things to me in any thread relating to this matter should be ashamed of themselves.

Hey Dipshit, before you really make yourself look like a fool, maybe you want to talk to Deliveryman, That lion is the one HE SENT ME, that he wanted on his coin AFTER i sent him my design, I'M SURE HE IS HAPPY TO VERIFY THAT. His direct quote " i like things to be symmetrical, i am kind of OCD like that". The fact that you could find that image based on my carving is flattering though, I'm better than i gave myself credit for i guess. Kids these days, i swear.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: