Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DriveShare - Earn money by sharing your extra hard drive space  (Read 22914 times)
victerion

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:52:42 AM

Encryption of personal data is definitely the future. I really hope that more people start caring about their privacy. Its important.

On a side note, the GUI for DriveShare looks really nice and easy to use. Hopefully that will attract more users.   Cheesy

agreed. knowing that your data is safe and absolutely private is now even more important than ever. definitely going to be following this project.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeltaForce103

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:51:17 AM

Encryption of personal data is definitely the future. I really hope that more people start caring about their privacy. Its important.

If you offer fast, cheap and easy to use data storage, with security and encryption as an added advantage like the Storj project plans to do, I suppose people will have to.
aparajita241

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:42:57 AM

Well the idea seems quite interesting. If the system is safe and private then I am all in.Btw a quick video demonstration the working of storj coin would be appreciated .
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:44:09 AM

I wish Group C let people in with fewer STORJ

Agreed, but we all know that the early adopters get the rewards while everyone else gets a benefit. As I've said elsewhere, I'm still trying to figure out if the expense is worth it.

If you bought 10K sjcx at the exchanges (rate 0.00015669), you'll need to cough up about 1.5669 BTC.

fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:28:52 AM

Well the idea seems quite interesting. If the system is safe and private then I am all in.Btw a quick video demonstration the working of storj coin would be appreciated .
Yes It offers a secure decentralized and private cloud and here is the video you requested. http://youtu.be/vl3bUzfn2lg

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
fireblond

Activity: 200

Thrive

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:39:35 AM

Can you please tell us how will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of space and bandwidth shared? (in the test phases I mean)

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of SJCX owned? (will people with more SJCX earn more during test phase B and C ?)
I believe the rewards are determined by how much hardware you have to offer.The more hardware you have to offer the more you will earn.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
KazakhPrince

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:42:59 AM

Agreed, but we all know that the early adopters get the rewards while everyone else gets a benefit. As I've said elsewhere, I'm still trying to figure out if the expense is worth it.

If you bought 10K sjcx at the exchanges (rate 0.00015669), you'll need to cough up about 1.5669 BTC.

It is better to buy now , I am sure you can double that in a few months until the market gets saturated
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:46:11 AM

Can you please tell us how will the rewards be split among Test Group B and Test Group C?

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of space and bandwidth shared? (in the test phases I mean)

Will the rewards be proportional to the amount of SJCX owned? (will people with more SJCX earn more during test phase B and C ?)
I believe the rewards are determined by how much hardware you have to offer.The more hardware you have to offer the more you will earn.

hardware speed (cpu,ram,HDD speed) + internet bandwidth should be the main core areas to be concerned about.

coinvoyeur

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:42:08 AM

Can I use external storage disk via usb port to farm? What is the difference and disadvantages?
zoro1

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:32:26 AM

Can I use external storage disk via usb port to farm? What is the difference and disadvantages?
If you are talking about the transfer speed of the data via USB2 you shouldn't have a problem unless you have a very high speed internet connection.
Usually data transfers are as fast as our home internet bandwidht, thus you may use also a laptop disk to farm.
But you should leave your system on day and night, if you close your computer every night you will loose the contract of the stored data in your disk, thus no storj for you Smiley

https://storjtalk.org/index.php
storj:decentralized cloud and much more!
duflobln

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:09:08 PM

If you are talking about the transfer speed of the data via USB2 you shouldn't have a problem unless you have a very high speed internet connection.
Usually data transfers are as fast as our home internet bandwidht, thus you may use also a laptop disk to farm.
But you should leave your system on day and night, if you close your computer every night you will loose the contract of the stored data in your disk, thus no storj for you Smiley

May there is the possiblility that in the further development a drivespacehoster is able to offer his space only at a current timeframe of a day? That meens during a fixed frame there will be no heartneat check and he does not loose his contracts. So his PC dont have to be running all night long. Probably the customer dont need access to his data all night long?
kingnuze

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:40:46 PM

DriveShare will be the future... When implemented Storj will become the leaders in this space.... Cheesy
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:12:07 PM

May there is the possiblility that in the further development a drivespacehoster is able to offer his space only at a current timeframe of a day? That meens during a fixed frame there will be no heartneat check and he does not loose his contracts. So his PC dont have to be running all night long. Probably the customer dont need access to his data all night long?

This would not be very practical, since your "customers", i.e. the users that have shards of their data stored on your harddrive, are likely living in a completely different timezone, so what for you will be nighttime, for at least some of the users will be daytime, and they are going to demand access to their data 24/7. So if you want to shut down your computer for any significant period of time, you need to expect to lose your contracts.

In any case, if this feature would be allowed on the Storj network, and you offered limited time access contracts, I doubt many users would take you up on the offer, unless perhaps your prices were significantly lower than what other farmers offer.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:55:31 PM

When will the whitepaper for driveshare be released?
applesaucey

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:20:21 PM

I'd love to know this, too!
ruffian

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:44:18 PM

From earlier in this thread this was posted:
http://storj.io/storj.pdf
STORJX (OP)

Activity: 191

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:47:06 PM

I'd love to know this, too!

There are no plans to release a DiveShare whitepaper. The Storj Whitepaper is the one you need to look at to understand more how DriveShare works.
hammouti

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:47:29 PM

And finally i found a way to use my free 500GB  Grin
huanix

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:19:36 PM

It is better to buy now , I am sure you can double that in a few months until the market gets saturated

I don't intend to be a naysayer, but people should maintain realistic judgement. I see a good chance that lots of early adopters will feel comfortable selling off their original 10,000 SJCX when the full network goes live.
entharal

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:06:18 PM

I don't intend to be a naysayer, but people should maintain realistic judgement. I see a good chance that lots of early adopters will feel comfortable selling off their original 10,000 SJCX when the full network goes live.

That is one possible scenario, that need to be considered, yes. On the other hand, the early adopters might have a need for redundant, secure, online cloud backup too, so they might use (some of) their holdings to pay for the storage. Or only sell of part of their holdings, and keep the rest. We have no way of knowing, really. But sure, one possible scenario is price drop when storj goes live. Another possible scenario is a price increase, when people realize the full potential of the project. Compared with the market cap of other coins, storj has lots of room for increasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: