Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Donating to the Zimmerman Defense Fund  (Read 8532 times)
check_status (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:08:31 AM

I would like to Donate some Bitcoins to the www.gzdefensefund.com but they only accept Paypal. There is no Email address to ask them to accept Bitcoins so what can I do about it?

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:18:37 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 03:34:31 AM by tbcoin

(facepalm)

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:26:24 AM

Might not be the best idea given that the Zimmermans lied in court about how much was in the PayPal fund in order to get his bond reduced.  Bitcoin could do without being thought of as the means by which Zimmerman was able to flee the country.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:29:40 AM

So the guy is caught on record committing perjury, stalked and murdered a child, and even if he was innocent of everything is too dumb to not make himself look guilty as fuck (he is), and you still want to give him money?

You sir, are a saint who will receive the highest reward in Aryan Heaven
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 03:48:29 AM

I'll pass, thanks.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Rarity

Activity: 182

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:02:50 AM

So the guy is caught on record committing perjury, stalked and murdered a child, and even if he was innocent of everything is too dumb to not make himself look guilty as fuck (he is), and you still want to give him money?

That's a pretty massive misunderstanding of what happened.  Zimmerman was trying to get the police there to handle the situation, you don't call the police right before you "stalk and murder" someone.  Like it or not, the truth is Martin attacked him and Zimmerman defended himself from having his head slammed into the concrete.

The problem here is with the law, it should not be legal for private citizens to carry firearms like that.  A tazer or pepper spray is a perfectly reasonable form of self defense, they should leave the guns out of the equation and then this never would have happened.  Here in England the police don't even need to carry guns and they still manage to do their jobs.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
check_status (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:06:18 AM

Might not be the best idea given that the Zimmermans lied in court about how much was in the PayPal fund in order to get his bond reduced.  Bitcoin could do without being thought of as the means by which Zimmerman was able to flee the country.
Wife lied, GZ was not in a position to know. Fleeing the country, convicted of a pre-crime, brilliant. So Bitcoin would enable criminality, but Cash or Paypal won't.  Roll Eyes

He did not lie about money at all, his wife did. You've convicted already, brilliant! I know 16 year olds with more bodies than most war veterans. Yes I want to give him money, the state has unlimited resources and being poor limits your ability to a good defense.

If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:09:30 AM

That's a pretty massive misunderstanding of what happened.  Zimmerman was trying to get the police there to handle the situation, you don't call the police right before you "stalk and murder" someone.  Like it or not, the truth is Martin attacked him and Zimmerman defended himself from having his head slammed into the concrete.

The problem here is with the law, it should not be legal for private citizens to carry firearms like that.  A tazer or pepper spray is a perfectly reasonable form of self defense, they should leave the guns out of the equation and then this never would have happened.  Here in England the police don't even need to carry guns and they still manage to do their jobs.

If you're walking down the street at night and this guy begins to haunt you without any reason, and possibly showing a gun, of course you defend, Trayvon acted in self defense and was killed ...

check_status (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:15:20 AM

If you're walking down the street at night and this guy begins to haunt you without any reason, and possibly showing a gun, of course you defend, Trayvon acted in self defense and was killed ...

Glad this worked for you. I'll definitely think about buying this after I donate to GZ.

Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:19:33 AM

That's a pretty massive misunderstanding of what happened.  Zimmerman was trying to get the police there to handle the situation, you don't call the police right before you "stalk and murder" someone.  Like it or not, the truth is Martin attacked him and Zimmerman defended himself from having his head slammed into the concrete.

The problem here is with the law, it should not be legal for private citizens to carry firearms like that.  A tazer or pepper spray is a perfectly reasonable form of self defense, they should leave the guns out of the equation and then this never would have happened.  Here in England the police don't even need to carry guns and they still manage to do their jobs.

That isn't what happened.  Zimmerman was walking away and Martin approached him from behind before violently breaking his nose and slamming his head into the concrete multiple times while Zimmerman screamed.  

Even if your version was true, I disagree that "of course" you should fight in that situation.  Do you know what happens when you bring your fists to a gun fight?

Well, it worked out for Martin like that usually will.  It's a much better bet to run away, hide, and call the police.  If Martin was thinking more clearly (Read:  Not on a dangerous, mind altering illegal drug at the time) he probably would have realized attacking Zimmerman was not a good idea.  Drugs and guns caused this tragedy, and it's just another example of why people should not be allowed to have access to them.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
check_status (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:32:17 AM

Drugs and guns caused this tragedy, and it's just another example of why people should not be allowed to have access to them.
People will find reasons to kill each other whether drugs and guns are available or not.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:32:45 AM

You could nominate it for the Bitcoin100. It would most assuredly be rejected though.

Drugs and guns caused this tragedy, and it's just another example of why people should not be allowed to have access to them.

The distorted values and aberrant behavior caused by a sick society built on the foundations of a false authority and imaginary economy allow these episodes to occur.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:34:29 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 04:50:49 AM by tbcoin

That's a pretty massive misunderstanding of what happened.  Zimmerman was trying to get the police there to handle the situation, you don't call the police right before you "stalk and murder" someone.  Like it or not, the truth is Martin attacked him and Zimmerman defended himself from having his head slammed into the concrete.

The problem here is with the law, it should not be legal for private citizens to carry firearms like that.  A tazer or pepper spray is a perfectly reasonable form of self defense, they should leave the guns out of the equation and then this never would have happened.  Here in England the police don't even need to carry guns and they still manage to do their jobs.

That isn't what happened.  Zimmerman was walking away and Martin approached him from behind before violently breaking his nose and slamming his head into the concrete multiple times while Zimmerman screamed.  

Even if your version was true, I disagree that "of course" you should fight in that situation.  Do you know what happens when you bring your fists to a gun fight?

Well, it worked out for Martin like that usually will.  It's a much better bet to run away, hide, and call the police.  If Martin was thinking more clearly (Read:  Not on a dangerous, mind altering illegal drug at the time) he probably would have realized attacking Zimmerman was not a good idea.  Drugs and guns caused this tragedy, and it's just another example of why people should not be allowed to have access to them.

Transcript of 911 call

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

Clearly says that Trayvon ran away and he was chasing ...

EDIT:
If Martin was thinking more clearly (Read:  Not on a dangerous, mind altering illegal drug at the time) he probably would have realized attacking Zimmerman was not a good idea.  Drugs and guns caused this tragedy, and it's just another example of why people should not be allowed to have access to them.
Now if you go with a few drinks and ends with a shot in the chest just to deal with an aggressor, is your fault for drinking? No sir, no alcohol or  guns, is a man who shoots and kills him.

Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 04:45:02 AM

Well, it worked out for Martin like that usually will.  It's a much better bet to run away, hide, and call the police.  If Martin was thinking more clearly (Read:  Not on a dangerous, mind altering illegal drug at the time) he probably would have realized attacking Zimmerman was not a good idea.  Drugs and guns caused this tragedy, and it's just another example of why people should not be allowed to have access to them.

Transcript of 911 call

You can hear him stop running before he hangs up.  He was walking back to meet the police.

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:04:11 AM

Transcript of 911 call

You can hear him stop running before he hangs up.  He was walking back to meet the police.

What happens when the call ends is not clear, what is clear is that from the beginning the only one with an attitude threatening and harassing and clear position of superiority is Zimmerman

tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:08:25 AM

I will not continue posting here, it makes me angry and this is not a chat. Is a Bitcoin forum and is the only thing I want to read here
I never should have started

Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:14:15 AM

What is clear from the call is that he is scared Martin might be planning to rob houses, was on drugs (he was right), and was approaching his car with something in his hands (Zimemrman clearly thought he was armed.)

Zimmerman was afraid of Martin, the only reason he followed after him to guide the police was the false sense of security brought on by having a firearm in his possession.  When the 9/11 operator tells him he doesn't have to follow, he says okay, and it is clear he has stopped running as he continues to talk without sounds of footsteps or heavy breathing and he makes it clear he doesn't even see Martin anymore, which is an obvious sign he wasn't following him at the time.

sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:21:51 AM

911 operator:

"Are you following him?"

Zimmerman:

"Yeah."

911 Operator:

"OK, we don't need you to do that."

He was told not to pursue him thus he should be charged with and convicted of Murder.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:40:21 AM

Let the court decide whether or not the he's guilty. Everything else is just mad and wild speculation.

Rarity

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 05:50:26 AM

911 operator:

"Are you following him?"

Zimmerman:

"Yeah."

911 Operator:

"OK, we don't need you to do that."

He was told not to pursue him thus he should be charged with and convicted of Murder.

You missed the part where Zimmerman replies "OK" and stops following him, so I'm glad you won't be on the jury.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: