Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptic Organization Development  (Read 7421 times)
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:54:51 AM

Hey SirLolicon.

Why don't you just use a private trello board?

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stevenh512

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:41:38 AM

Very nice input, and hopefylly made things
Crystal clear to those asking questions
Including myself..

Glad my post was helpful. I've been interested in cryptography for almost as long as I've been interested in computers, which is a lot longer than I care to admit. Actually had an early version of PGP on my first IBM PC compatible machine. Didn't have email back then, but I read all the docs and tinkered with it enough to use it for secure file storage on my massive 20 MB hard drive.. lol.. but back on topic.

As well as the website we're currently constructing?

I'm willing to help with the website and probably other technical projects. I'm not a graphic designer (although it seems we already have one, so that shouldn't be a problem) but I do know HTML and CSS and I have experience with a few different programming languages, lately mostly Ruby/Rails (admittedly, my PHP is pretty rusty).

This signature intentionally left blank.
SirLolicon (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:53:52 AM

Very nice input, and hopefylly made things
Crystal clear to those asking questions
Including myself..

Glad my post was helpful. I've been interested in cryptography for almost as long as I've been interested in computers, which is a lot longer than I care to admit. Actually had an early version of PGP on my first IBM PC compatible machine. Didn't have email back then, but I read all the docs and tinkered with it enough to use it for secure file storage on my massive 20 MB hard drive.. lol.. but back on topic.

As well as the website we're currently constructing?

I'm willing to help with the website and probably other technical projects. I'm not a graphic designer (although it seems we already have one, so that shouldn't be a problem) but I do know HTML and CSS and I have experience with a few different programming languages, lately mostly Ruby/Rails (admittedly, my PHP is pretty rusty).

Well, will you care to provide us with a barebones blog page with Ruby/Rails?
or anything you can? Smiley

AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 01:25:44 PM

So they have your public key. What can they do with that? If everyone has your public key, and you're the only one who has the private key, how would you prove it's you? Still not connecting the dots. Seems like you'd have to share the private key with at least one other person

Although it's a different technology (typically RSA in PGP/GPG vs. ECDSA in Bitcoin), think of it as working the same way as signing a Bitcoin transaction. Only you have the private key for your Bitcoin address. When you sign a transaction, you publish the public key and the signature. You are still (ideally and hopefully) the only person in the world who has the private key, but with the public key and signature it can be mathematically proven that your private key signed the transaction. If you needed the private key to verify that signature, Bitcoin wouldn't work. The math is different, but the concept is the same. When you sign a message with your private key, you're (again, ideally and hopefully) the only person in the world who has the private key, but anyone with a copy of your public key and the message+signature can mathematically prove that your private key signed the message.

Just like with Bitcoin, you never give your private key to anybody, but you can freely publish your public key. The mathematical relationship between the public key and the private key is what makes verifying the signatures (along with other public key cryptographic operations) possible. I'd suggest reading up on public key cryptography. Although it's not necessarily the best source of information, Wikipedia isn't a bad place to start, I know their articles on elliptic curve cryptography are quite easy to read and understand even if you're not a cryptographer or a mathematician.

Being interested in cryptography in general and especially cryptocurrencies, I'm definitely interested in this idea.

I see! Thanks! Guess keybase will be useful for this then, haha. Again, I'll be able to help with the website as soon as I get login credentials for the server.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
SirLolicon (OP)

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:23:43 PM

So they have your public key. What can they do with that? If everyone has your public key, and you're the only one who has the private key, how would you prove it's you? Still not connecting the dots. Seems like you'd have to share the private key with at least one other person

Although it's a different technology (typically RSA in PGP/GPG vs. ECDSA in Bitcoin), think of it as working the same way as signing a Bitcoin transaction. Only you have the private key for your Bitcoin address. When you sign a transaction, you publish the public key and the signature. You are still (ideally and hopefully) the only person in the world who has the private key, but with the public key and signature it can be mathematically proven that your private key signed the transaction. If you needed the private key to verify that signature, Bitcoin wouldn't work. The math is different, but the concept is the same. When you sign a message with your private key, you're (again, ideally and hopefully) the only person in the world who has the private key, but anyone with a copy of your public key and the message+signature can mathematically prove that your private key signed the message.

Just like with Bitcoin, you never give your private key to anybody, but you can freely publish your public key. The mathematical relationship between the public key and the private key is what makes verifying the signatures (along with other public key cryptographic operations) possible. I'd suggest reading up on public key cryptography. Although it's not necessarily the best source of information, Wikipedia isn't a bad place to start, I know their articles on elliptic curve cryptography are quite easy to read and understand even if you're not a cryptographer or a mathematician.

Being interested in cryptography in general and especially cryptocurrencies, I'm definitely interested in this idea.

I see! Thanks! Guess keybase will be useful for this then, haha. Again, I'll be able to help with the website as soon as I get login credentials for the server.

Apparently Savvas hasn't been contacting me lately, so I'm afraid we don't have
the credentials yet.

Maybe he's off every weekend, but I'm not sure.
Let's try using a different host if possible Smiley

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:56:02 PM

Apparently Savvas hasn't been contacting me lately, so I'm afraid we don't have
the credentials yet.

Maybe he's off every weekend, but I'm not sure.
Let's try using a different host if possible Smiley

He's contacted me, whereupon I gave him some info to pass along to you guys.
stevenh512

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:47:38 AM

Well, will you care to provide us with a barebones blog page with Ruby/Rails?
or anything you can? Smiley

A basic blog in Rails is easy to do if you use an external commenting system like Disqus and not too much more difficult if you want a built-in commenting system. That being said, depending on what features we need and what any other designers and developers working on the site are most comfortable with, a properly configured and hardened Wordpress installation (no cpanel "one click") might be a better choice. I mentioned Rails mainly because the idea of using Discourse for forums was mentioned.

Either way I can get started on a simple Rails blog engine and see if I can come up with something that suits our needs. Most of the required features are either already implemented as gems or trivial to build from scratch. Even if we don't end up using it, it'll be a fun project and shouldn't take up too much of my free time. I'll probably spend more time writing tests than code. Smiley

If we end up using Rails (for blog, forums, or whatever else) it'll require some setup on the server. The easiest way to deploy a Rails app is to install the Passenger module for Apache or Nginx and let it do all the heavy lifting for you, it also gives you the advantage of being able to run Python and Node.js apps without too much additional setup. If we're on shared hosting that might be a no-go, if we have a vps or dedi it's not hard to install.

SirLolicon (OP)

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:36:51 AM

Hello again everyone, back from my haitus!
I've been away focusing on my exams the past few days

So, anyone else interested in helping?

stevenh512

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 04:50:05 AM

I've also been (mostly) away for a few days. Unfortunately I have a friend who is terminally ill and he (understandably) doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in the hospital, so when he and his girlfriend approached me I volunteered my help and my guest bedroom. Money isn't a problem, he's an Air Force veteran and the VA is covering all the medical bills and sending out a nurse a couple times a week, but time is becoming more of an issue as he gets weaker and more forgetful.

Basically I'm around when I can be, and back on-topic, I'm still of the opinion that a pre-packaged software like Wordpress (or maybe Ghost) would probably be a better option for a blog than building something from scratch.

AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 06:19:38 AM

I've also been (mostly) away for a few days. Unfortunately I have a friend who is terminally ill and he (understandably) doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in the hospital, so when he and his girlfriend approached me I volunteered my help and my guest bedroom. Money isn't a problem, he's an Air Force veteran and the VA is covering all the medical bills and sending out a nurse a couple times a week, but time is becoming more of an issue as he gets weaker and more forgetful.

Basically I'm around when I can be, and back on-topic, I'm still of the opinion that a pre-packaged software like Wordpress (or maybe Ghost) would probably be a better option for a blog than building something from scratch.

Sorry to hear that. Sad I haven't heard anything from any of the other members, so I wonder whether or not this is even going to happen, officially.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
SirLolicon (OP)

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:06:56 AM

Due to lack of support, funding and time i decided to halt development.
sorry everyone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: