Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFloor.com Rocks!  (Read 17527 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:56:41 PM

After thinking about this a bit more. The most convenient thing is to just create shortcuts to files containing the secret string on the computer you use to trade. The most secure thing would be to put JAuth and the secret keys on a boot cd/drive and only run it on a computer/device that never connects to the internet. Is this correct?

edit: I guess you would need to manually set the clock.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:01:13 PM

After thinking about this a bit more. The most convenient thing is to just create shortcuts to files containing the secret string on the computer you use to trade. The most secure thing would be to put JAuth and the secret keys on a boot cd/drive and only run it on a computer/device that never connects to the internet. Is this correct?

edit: I guess you would need to manually set the clock.
Sure that would work too.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:07:06 PM

Perhaps there is a market for dedicated portable devices that generate OTPs for a person's various accounts. You would have two of them. One as backup kept in a safe place, one to keep with you as you travel.
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:05:56 AM

BitFloor just passed Intersango to move from #8 to #7 on the 30-day BTC/USD volume list at bitcoincharts.com. Congratulations BitFloor. Keep on Rockin'!

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:10:11 PM

I wonder if I can make a simple bot which holds USD on one exchange e.g. MtGox and holds BTC on BitFloor, then continually updates BitFloor asks to be MtGox + MtGox Fee + .05. Would that result in any trades, or are the markets generally too close together?
genuise

Activity: 379

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 04:16:36 PM

I wonder if I can make a simple bot which holds USD on one exchange e.g. MtGox and holds BTC on BitFloor, then continually updates BitFloor asks to be MtGox + MtGox Fee + .05. Would that result in any trades, or are the markets generally too close together?

take a look at bitcoin-analytics.com/#arbitrage

you should wait until data is fully loaded and arbitrage table is displayed
then it is possibile to analyze arbitrage apportunities depending on BTC volume you consider to trade

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:20:57 PM

then it is possibile to analyze arbitrage apportunities depending on BTC volume you consider to trade
What is the MtGox fee per trade?
genuise

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 04:23:51 PM

not sure, but as far as I can remember it varies between 0.6 - 0.5 - ... % depending on your trading activity
for sure you should consult on mtgox website

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:26:17 PM

not sure, but as far as I can remember it varies between 0.6 - 0.5 - ... % depending on your trading activity
for sure you should consult on mtgox website
In that case it could be occasionally profitable to arb MtGox and bitfloor.
Off to the IDE!
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 04:30:32 PM

I would read this before you go all gungho https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74291.0

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
genuise

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 04:31:38 PM

In that case it could be occasionally profitable to arb MtGox and bitfloor.
Off to the IDE!

it depends on volume of transactions in BTC for 100 and 1000 the situation can be significantly different.

for example almost all exchanges  have 100 on bid and ask sisds, so it is in principla possible to execute such transactions.

But when you filter 1000 BTC volume for exmpale currently bitfloor does not have enough volume on bid side and your BTC will not be bought, you will not close the transation pair.

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:09:22 PM

I would read this before you go all gungho https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74291.0
Well my system would be simpler - keep BitFloor asks where they would be profitable. So when the gox bids go up, the bot adjusts BitFloor asks. Then, when a trade is made on BitFloor, the bot makes a trade on gox.
@genuise I don't have enough BTC for it to matter, really.
genuise

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

then I am afraid there little chance to get arbitrage profits, because on small volumes generally transaction/withdraw fees will eat all of them

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:24:17 PM

then I am afraid there little chance to get arbitrage profits, because on small volumes generally transaction/withdraw fees will eat all of them
Most fees are percentage-based, so that is fine. I also want to see bitfloor succeed, and bringing it more volume is one way I can do that.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:26:39 PM

That is exactly what happened to goat.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
genuise

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 08:39:25 PM

It is a surprize for me. Can you give any details?

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:30:44 PM

It is long, but very interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74291.0

genuise

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 02:27:08 PM

It is long, but very interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74291.0

Thank you, it is really educative Smiley

that is why I was pointing out that it is important to see and be able to analyze the picture in a wider perspective before making any conclusions and decisions.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:27:25 PM

that is why I was pointing out that it is important to see and be able to analyze the picture in a wider perspective before making any conclusions and decisions.

Exactly  Undecided

miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:13:11 PM

Manual deposit request of cash transfer and... 8 minutes to availability on Bitfloor.

Goodbye Gox, BX, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: