Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs  (Read 227489 times)
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:36:39 AM

Not worth anything. BFL has not delivered its product. The bet is WON. "Butterfly Labs will not ship" before April 1.

I agree, but betsofbitco.in said it was a draw!

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701

WTF??

I have no money in this.  Clearly by the bet rules BFL did not ship.  I can not see how betsofbitco.in maintains credibility with this decision.

The primary reason is the title of the bet itself and the word SHIP.  Nothing has shipped.  Case closed.  Beyond that:

"Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee. "

I fail to understand how betsofbitcoin can claim both that titles DO count in bets, and that this one was a draw. Clearly BFL did not ship anything. Total loss of credibility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:12:52 PM

Would it be possible to get a new shipping estimate from an official BFL employee?

I didn't find up to date information on the BFL website.

Asking on the official BFL forums, I only got trolled & ridiculed, no valuable information was given to me.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:15:26 PM

Would it be possible to get a new shipping estimate from an official BFL employee?

Asking on the official BFL forums, I only got trolled & ridiculed, no valuable information was given to me.

There is an algorithm for calculating the current estimated shipping date for BFL ASICs.

Today + 1 month = ETA.

You can use that equation at any moment in time to find out exactly when BFL is going to ship.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:18:49 PM

I wonder why.

They say in April.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:29:05 PM

I wonder why.

They say in April.

Right. ...and in a couple weeks they'll say "May, maybe sooner, but expect shipping in May".

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:34:02 PM

I wonder why.

They say in April.

Right. ...and in a couple weeks they'll say "May, maybe sooner, but expect shipping in May".

2014?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:35:35 PM

It's right on the order page.

Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final.

Buy & Hold
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:50:10 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 07:00:37 PM by Gator-hex

Shipping always starts the last half of whatever the current month is...

"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of January 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of March 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013."

Also from the horses FAQ mouth.. Any orders made in April 2013 + 4-6 Months for delivery!  Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:Real+Shipping+Estimate&do=article#post22854

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:06:49 PM

"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of January 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of March 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013."

Also from the horses FAQ mouth.. Any orders made in April 2013 + 4-6 Months for delivery!  Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:Real+Shipping+Estimate&do=article#post22854
Question:
 How long before I receive my units?

Answer:
 Could be 4-6 months if you ordered in early April!
This years april or next years? Butterfly labs is a Full YEAR behind schedual, They fucking conned everyone into investing without dividends or shares. FUCKING THIEVES.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:10:04 PM

Really looking forward to all my BFL ASICs

This is an excellent exercise in patience.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:26:53 PM

"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of October 2012."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of November 2012."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of December 2012."

FTFY.

Buy & Hold
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:31:45 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 11:27:21 PM by peasant

From the information available it looks like development on the board and chips started in March 2013. The rest of the time before that seems to consist of marketing and developing those sexy cases.  Cheesy
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:07:31 PM

From the information available it looks like development started in March 2013. The rest of the time before that seems to consist of Marketing and developing those sexy cases.  Cheesy
And conning everyone into investing without giving them SHIT FUCK ALL
Goddamned con artist on thier lead staff Nailed everyone

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Frankie Delaney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:15:27 PM

From the information available it looks like development started in March 2013. The rest of the time before that seems to consist of Marketing and developing those sexy cases.  Cheesy

Hey, the people who got fucked the hardest are getting a 25% discount on their future orders. With the increased prices, that really ads up.

Oh wait, it's only up to the value of the original order, so if you ordered a single then for $1300, and order a single now for $2500, you only get $325 off which is only 13% of the order Cheesy

God, it has to hurt getting fucked so hard, and so consistently.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:22:28 PM

Hey, the people who got fucked the hardest are getting a 25% discount on their future orders. With the increased prices, that really ads up.

Oh wait, it's only up to the value of the original order, so if you ordered a single then for $1300, and order a single now for $2500, you only get $325 off which is only 13% of the order Cheesy

It hurts me to see them all keeping bending over and backing up for more.....

chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:24:59 PM

Discount is valid only until next week, so hurry and preorder the next batch so they can scam you some more before running off.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:25:05 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 12:59:02 AM by peasant

At this point it's just funny. I stopped feeling bad for them. The fanbots are quite entertaining.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:36:32 AM

FAQ:Real Shipping Estimate

New discussion comments. Go to first unread.

Question:
When will BFL actually start shipping to customers?

Answer:
BFL is expected to begin sending units out by no later than April 30th. Of course this is subject to change if BFL runs into any issues.

Question:
How long before I receive my units?

Answer:
Could be 4-6 months if you ordered in early April!

BFL has over 33,000 order numbers right now. Some maybe fake or refunded. ie. cancelled. Say 30%. That still leaves little over 23,000 valid orders.

Some people ordered 1 unit. Others 2. Others 3 and some with 4 units. So, expect the avg. units/order to be about 2. Could also be 2.5 or 3 or even 1.5, etc.

That means 46,000 units, 2 x 23,000, before getting to last order made today. Very likely this number is right but impossible to know for sure.

BFL will make 400 units/day. 2,000 units/week. 8,000 units/month. That means:
->4 months = 32,000 units
->5 months = 40,000 units
->6 months = 48,000 units

If you want to be somewhat optimistic you could say, 40% cancelled but that seems a tad high to me & 1.5 units per order which is little on the low side.
33,000 * 0.6 = ~20,000 * 1.5 = 30,000 units = 3 months + 3 weeks (almost 4 months) before order ships out.

DELIVERY TIME
Add another at least 12-15 days for outside of USA or 4-7 days inside USA to that time.

This comes out to 4-6 months to receive an order placed around early April.

NOTES:

* Cancelled orders can be more or less than estimated. It is impossible to know exactly how many there are for sure. Some people have said maybe as high as 50-70% for fake & refunded orders. Just redo the math to get an estimated ship date for your order if you agree with them instead.

** Unit avg per order is very likely 2 but can be more (or less).

I had to guess for both the percentage of cancelled orders and units/order. I believe and hope they are close to the actual results but have no idea whether those guesses are right or wrong.

PS, even if you were really optimistic, 50% cancel + 1.5 units/order, you still would be looking around 3+ months before product shipped out to you.

PPS, It maybe best to go with 50% cancel & 2 units/order. That will make this shipping "guess" closer to both 30 & 70% because half way in-between them. This would make sense since the actual cancelled orders are unknown by us and could be somewhere between 30-70%.
33,000 * .5 * 2 = 33,000 units / 2,000 = 16.5 weeks = 4.125 months ​+ delivery time.

How does one put in a fake order and how do they not know how many orders there are? Overall, I enjoyed the fuzzy math.

I have a question for those who've ordered more than one unit at the same time: Did you get a single order number, or an order number assigned to each unit. If the former, wouldn't they have to send your complete order at the same time oppose to splitting up the order?
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:53:44 AM

I have a question for those who've ordered more than one unit at the same time: Did you get a single order number, or an order number assigned to each unit. If the former, wouldn't they have to send your complete order at the same time oppose to splitting up the order?

It just depends on how far teleporter technology progresses over the next 25 years.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:43:39 AM

How does one put in a fake order [...] ?

Before it was as easy as slapping the keyboard a bit to get some random info typed in..and then hit submit and get a price in BTC. Now it's a bit more rigorous by comparison, unless you don't mind creating a bunch of new BFL accounts.

I ordered 4 at a time, and they're all under one order number. I presume they'd be shipped out in one big box all at once..especially since it was a single shipping cost for the 4 as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: