Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | 100% POS | Assets | Names | Voting | Open Source  (Read 113724 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:27:46 PM

On Monday, 6 of April a new wallet version is going to be released, v0.19
The release will include the following updates:
  • MapDB v 1.0.7
  • Name Payments
  • Automatic recreation of data folder in case wallet not closed properly.
Also Windows,MAC and Linux wallet versions will be released along with the regular - known wallet.

Any chance AT will be done in this release?

AT is ready to be tested by the entire team this weekend.A private testnet will be set for that.When we ensure that everything works properly and smoothly, AT will be released.
Also, if there are people patient enough, who have the time and the willing to help us with those tests in this private testnet please let us known.Slack will be used to coordinate it.

What we would like to achieve with this release is to update the network with the latest known peers, implement the latest updates and fixes that have been made and introduce a bit of "user-friendly wallet".

Can you please post here when you are testing. I will try to help with the testing.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:55:00 PM

I am not a programmer and my english is not much good but i sm willing to help the team. Just please tell me what do i need to do for help.
ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:01:02 PM

What about satoshihack? Hackathon? did it finish?

Yes was completed a while ago.

too bad for me i ve missed it. anyway i ll wait the other one.

i am sorry you missed it. it will be one again THIS weekend! so i send you a PM to remind you then. and the next weekend i will make one again with QORA and BTC in the rewarding. also you can make the old hackathons for practice. so you can train for the coming Hackathon.

thank you
ca333

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:36:38 PM

AT is ready to be tested by the entire team this weekend.A private testnet will be set for that.When we ensure that everything works properly and smoothly, AT will be released.
Also, if there are people patient enough, who have the time and the willing to help us with those tests in this private testnet please let us known.Slack will be used to coordinate it.

What we would like to achieve with this release is to update the network with the latest known peers, implement the latest updates and fixes that have been made and introduce a bit of "user-friendly wallet".

Excellent!  Hopefully we'll see AT in v.20 in a couple weeks. Smiley
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:37:58 PM

I want to make meme's for Qora when I'm bored, like I do for the D-O-G-E.

Someone come up with a cute cuddly mascot for Qora, I'll do the rest. Wink

The Qora Koala?
Not sure what else is close. Tongue

By the way, does Qora mean anything? Is it the plural of Quorum for example, referring to consensus or voting?
zen2

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:45:33 PM

The Qora Koala?

By the way, does Qora mean anything? Is it the plural of Quorum for example, referring to consensus or voting?

Koala is nice..  Cheesy
i have no idea about the meaning or what the orig. devs purpose is. but personally Qora remind me of female version of "CORE". i like this name. short, easy to remember and unique.
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 11:16:16 PM

The Qora Koala?

Wink  It's probably best we leave society with just one memecoin. Two may start a revolution.

No clue.

Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 12:00:30 AM

At least we have that going for us (thanks to some video game?)!  Wink

Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 03:34:28 PM

! IMPORTANT !

From the release of source code and afterwards, existing data and wallet folders won't be recognised by a new compiled Qora.jar file.
This mean that you cannot copy and paste your previous data and wallet folder and have them along with a newly compiled Qora.jar.
You can test it on your own by compiling a runnable jar file from the source published by qora https://github.com/Qora/Qora
So please, everyone save your seed before proceed with the new wallet version that it will be released tomorrow.
If you're not have saved your seed before using the new wallet version you will not be able to access your funds.

To save your seed, open the wallet, click on File\Debug and on Console tab type GET wallet/seed then write down your seed somewhere safe.
You will need it to recover your wallet from seed along with your password.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:37:23 PM

It reminds me letter "Q" for unknown reason.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:40:58 PM

It reminds me letter "Q" for unknown reason.

That's cute, for sure.

Maybe it reminds Q from the round face and the imaginary lips line forming the Q

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Buckeye2015

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:49:51 PM

The Qora Koala?

I love Koalas... how about where the double slash is for the Q you have this guy hanging off of it instead

PayCON: PHQAtLmwRXTskGqry1FBuFLnWuqMzcj1TH   --==*==--  Qora: QcgdKgPD1SkqzGXWGAY1gwao7257gyGVnB   --==*==--  BitCoin: 1L9NLA3wHcGwffm2avVg3tzhDGjtq9
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:51:34 PM

Buckeye2015

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:53:54 PM

Okay.... so, I'm new to Qora and actually signed up to bitcointalk over another alt coin that I was watching. I'm syncing the current wallet right now (have the seed saved off)... if you need added power to test, I'm online and can run stuff if it's compiled. I have Java7 and Java8. (I'm on Win7 if that matters)

PayCON: PHQAtLmwRXTskGqry1FBuFLnWuqMzcj1TH   --==*==--  Qora: QcgdKgPD1SkqzGXWGAY1gwao7257gyGVnB   --==*==--  BitCoin: 1L9NLA3wHcGwffm2avVg3tzhDGjtq9
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:57:36 PM

@twospirit:

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
InceptionCoin

Activity: 108

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:02:51 PM

At least we have that going for us (thanks to some video game?)!  Wink

I think it's the best index of demand of this coin.

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:31:17 PM

! IMPORTANT !

From the release of source code and afterwards, existing data and wallet folders won't be recognised by a new compiled Qora.jar file.
This mean that you cannot copy and paste your previous data and wallet folder and have them along with a newly compiled Qora.jar.
You can test it on your own by compiling a runnable jar file from the source published by qora https://github.com/Qora/Qora
So please, everyone save your seed before proceed with the new wallet version that it will be released tomorrow.
If you're not have saved your seed before using the new wallet version you will not be able to access your funds.

To save your seed, open the wallet, click on File\Debug and on Console tab type GET wallet/seed then write down your seed somewhere safe.
You will need it to recover your wallet from seed along with your password.

Do you have a idiots guide to compile it?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Vrontis

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:24:09 PM

Do you have a idiots guide to compile it?

Here is a tutorial written from calvinstm

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.msg10789056#msg10789056

Below are the steps to compile the Qora.jar file

Download eclipse

Create / Select a workspace

File / Import

/ Git / Projects from Git

/ Clone URI

/ Enter Github Repo

/ Select Master Branch

/ Select Destination

/ Import Existing Projects

/ Finish

/ Close the Welcome tab

You have now Qora source code on your workspace

Select the >Qora [Qora master] from Package Explorer, click on Run on menu bar and then Run again

Run as Java Application

On the next step scroll down and click on the Start - (default package) and click OK

You have launched the wallet directly from source
To continue with the compilation of Qora.Jar file click on cancel to exit / close the wallet and stop running

While >Qora [Qora master] is selected do the below
/ File / Export / Java / Runnable JAR file

/ Launch Configuration = Start - Qora
/ Select Export destination
/ Select Package required libraries into generated JAR

You have now compiled the Qora.jar file directly from source code.
The next step is to download the latest wallet (V18) released by Qora ( link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg9107198#msg9107198 ) extract the zip, replace the Qora.jar with the new compiled Qora.jar you have just made and place a data and a wallet folder into there.
Blochckain will start from scratch no matter if there is a data folder in there and the addresses won't be displayed on the wallet even if the wallet folder is in there.

xyz

Activity: 1855
Merit: 774

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

• MapDB v 1.0.7
  • Name Payments
Also Windows,MAC and Linux wallet versions will be released along with the regular - known wallet.

Any update?

We will be patient... Maybe there are problems... But, please, let us know!

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
Skerberus

Activity: 911
Merit: 664

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:47:23 PM

• MapDB v 1.0.7
  • Name Payments

Any update?

We will be patient... Maybe there are problems... But, please, let us know!

There are no problems Smiley. Be patient...v0.19 works smoothly Smiley.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: