Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:38:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New forum?  (Read 20375 times)
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:05:48 PM

I thought about removing signatures, since that'd really clean things up, but I decided that signatures (and especially sig campaigns) are too important to the culture here to remove.

I think the culture would evolve just fine.  It certainly would help control all the spam posts.   Undecided

Yes, maybe a test it's the better thing. Block the signature or limit the characters and see if the spam will end or not.. (I guess  : yes of course !).
losing the add bonus is a bigger problem to take care of than spam,which is already handled by bear.

They can buy one or more ad slot instead using the sig. campaign 'method' to promote their startup/site, I'm sure the spam will end ...
Yes ,the spam will of course get reduced by a significant amount but why would you advertise on a site which has lost 80% (or more) of the original (at present) traffic ?

---snip---
when there is nothing you can do bout it while not knowing every bit of it then it's better not to post bout it, unless you want to troll.

yo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdd3go (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:19:03 PM

Just find out my very old thread become to the No.1 thread of "New forum software" section. But year past, do we have any time schedule of the New forum?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:25:33 PM

Just find out my very old thread become to the No.1 thread of "New forum software" section. But year past, do we have any time schedule of the New forum?
The beta is up(not public yet) , so some more months and you can have the new forum you've been waiting for.
The beta is beta.bitcointalk.org , if you want to test it out, you have to reset your pass to be able to access it though
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:50:19 AM

Yes.

They can buy one or more ad slot instead using the sig. campaign 'method' to promote their startup/site, I'm sure the spam will end ...

There aren't too many ad slots available. Plus they are expensive.  Smiley
I can promote my own site in my signature. That can't happen if signatures are removed and I have to look at an ad slot.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:34:01 PM

Waiting to see when the new forum will be 'released/opened'  Cheesy.... I think the software will be better then the actual (SMF).
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:26:19 AM

Haha, I wondered when people like this would show up on the thread.
Seriously, talking about embezzlement? Come on...
What happened, happeneed. The new software was made, and it was publicly announced that the money from the forum donations will go towards the development of the new forum software. Why aren't you ranting about moderators getting BTC from the donation fund?

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:29:22 AM

Haha, I wondered when people like this would show up on the thread.
Seriously, talking about embezzlement? Come on...
What happened?...What happened? The new software was made, and it was publicly announced that the money from the forum donations will be invested back into the forum. Why aren't you ranting about moderators getting BTC from the advertisement funds, gotten from auctioning ad slots?

FTFY
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:20:18 AM

what's wrong with beta.bitcointalk.org? I've tried visiting it few times since few days ago but I always get 502 Bad Gateway error. this site and this site is giving me different results too.
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 04:07:48 AM
Merited by xandry (2)

I don't know but today this was posted:

Quote from: theymos on reddit
It's still being actively developed. There's info here: http://epochtalk.org . There's a test version running at https://forum.epochtalk.org/

So if you really want to test the new software, it's still possible Tongue

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 07:24:22 AM

I don't know but today this was posted:

Quote from: theymos on reddit
It's still being actively developed. There's info here: http://epochtalk.org . There's a test version running at https://forum.epochtalk.org/

So if you really want to test the new software, it's still possible Tongue
Mayne it looks cool. Still don't know why everyone is listed as a Hero member though, is it because the member rank limits have not yet been set? Or is it because "Activity" is not implemented yet?
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2016, 07:27:23 AM

Yes, on http://epochtalk.org/map.html "Activity System" is under "Planned Features".

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2949

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:09:51 AM

what's wrong with beta.bitcointalk.org? I've tried visiting it few times since few days ago but I always get 502 Bad Gateway error. this site and this site is giving me different results too.

Down for some updates. Should be up soon.

taesup

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 02:10:18 AM

Yea the "HERO" member stuff is just a placeholder for now. We should be moving into the trust/activity work some time this week so that'll be functional soon.

Also Beta was down because we were in the middle of updating the beta DB with the latest from this forum. We're trying to keep up to date and making sure our importer can handle staged imports (so we don't have to rebuild the DB each and every time). We found a bug so we had to shut the site down for a bit while we addressed that bug.

I am a Epochtalk (New Forum Software) Developer.
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:13:20 PM

Even if he was 100% honest and did not use the funds for any personal enrichment
What personal enrichment does theymos get out of paying for new forum software to be made?

1. collect money to cure cancer
2. commission your dog to do cancer research; pay Dog $100k US/mo
3. ? ? ?
4. PROFIT!

Substitute "forum" for "cancer" & "Slackage" for "Dog."
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 12:14:11 AM

3. ? ? ?
4. PROFIT!

So, according to you, theymos' personal gains with this is basically him giving perhaps more money than he needs to for the development of the forum software?
If so, I don't particularly see how this is any sort of enrichment for theymos.
taesup

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:48:51 AM

Even if he was 100% honest and did not use the funds for any personal enrichment
What personal enrichment does theymos get out of paying for new forum software to be made?

3. ? ? ?
4. PROFIT!

Except, our code is open source and hosted on Github. You can track the progress of the software in real time, as we're writing it. And no, we're not doing this for free.

link: http://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk

I am a Epochtalk (New Forum Software) Developer.
blunderer

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:50:45 PM

3. ? ? ?
4. PROFIT!

So, according to you, theymos' personal gains with this is basically him giving perhaps more money than he needs to for the development of the forum software?
If so, I don't particularly see how this is any sort of enrichment for theymos.

You mean you don't understand how having cash he can spend is different from having donations to bitcointalk, which he can't? What, exactly is unclear to you?

@taesup: Cool beans. Best spent ...what's it up to now, $2.2? $2.3 million US? And it still isn't done? Color me convinced.
*though does make solid gold toilet seats sound reasonable -- can always sell those for the price of gold, while this pile of ...whatever it is? Not so much.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:43:50 PM

You mean you don't understand how having cash he can spend is different from having donations to bitcointalk, which he can't? What, exactly is unclear to you?

@taesup: Cool beans. Best spent ...what's it up to now, $2.2? $2.3 million US? And it still isn't done? Color me convinced.
*though does make solid gold toilet seats sound reasonable -- can always sell those for the price of gold, while this pile of ...whatever it is? Not so much.
Since you clearly are trolling, here, go and f*ck off.

If you're not. Why the heck are you questioning whatever the heck theymos does with the donations? Thats exactly what they are, donations. theymos promised a new forum or an improvement to the current forum with the donations and thats exactly what he's working on.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 07:15:26 AM

If the person who recieved the donations under the premise of reinvesting them into the forums cannot then spend them investing in the forum's software, then who can spend them and for what reason?
blunderer

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:48:04 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 02:04:21 PM by blunderer

If the person who recieved the donations under the premise of reinvesting them into the forums cannot then spend them investing in the forum's software, then who can spend them and for what reason?

By "investing in the forum software," you mean launder over 2 million bucks by allegedly giving it to an Anon he purportedly never met in person, at a rate of $100k a month via an open-ended nonviolent non-contract without a noncompletion clause, who, in turn, proceeded to not complete it?
How about you drop the sarcasm, Buttercup, hmm?

Since you clearly are trolling, here, go and f*ck off.

If you're not. Why the heck are you questioning whatever the heck theymos does with the donations? Thats exactly what they are, donations. theymos promised a new forum or an improvement to the current forum with the donations and thats exactly what he's working on.

Donations to the forum are not donations to theymos. Just like the donations for The March Of Dimes you collect are not donations to you. If that's hard for you to grasp, don't shit up this thread & go play some vidya, K?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: