Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of Huge Hosting Mine Under Construction, (Dec 2015 Update: We've moved)  (Read 54112 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 11:01:40 AM

well i guess at the current worth of bitcoin no one wanna mine more the bitcoin,now there are a lot news coins coming that may reach a sucess in short time,but well for some reason they wont sucess ,even stand more than 1 year... soo nowadays mining i guess no longer profitable.

Bitcoin just has a large market share at the moment and gets most media attention. There is no reason why another coin would not get a larger market sharing if it has great features and marketing. A lot of those coins simply offer no features over bitcoin and have no community, which is why they don't last very long.

yes. but that wont happen anymore. bitcoin is not just a coin, it is a network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:36:26 AM

This topic sure got quiet.  I presume the mining operation failed and the mine owners stole everyone's bitcoins and took off?  I saw that coming but you all ignored me and called me a troll.

How about you, Lord Taco?  I presume your half-assed attempt at opening your own bitcoin mine also met with catastrophic financial failure.
mahi4ever

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:45:03 PM

Good to hear about this.
But have a doubt how btc will be investes in this.
alpesh102

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:23:58 AM

Any update for launch date? I have many investors in india. ...after launch you inform me....
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:23:06 PM

Any update for launch date? I have many investors in india. ...after launch you inform me....

I don't think there is a launch date...

If you want to invest in a mining operation check out HaoBTC, they seem to be above board.  For now at any rate.
mrkubanftw

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 05:43:59 PM

This topic sure got quiet.  I presume the mining operation failed and the mine owners stole everyone's bitcoins and took off?  I saw that coming but you all ignored me and called me a troll.

How about you, Lord Taco?  I presume your half-assed attempt at opening your own bitcoin mine also met with catastrophic financial failure.

Yet another reason why farming is bad for the community.
noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:19:53 AM

Is there any update about this project from the OP, any idea of the lunch date?

GreatNorthData

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 12:20:02 PM

If you're looking for hosting, we have a currently running operation in Labrador, Canada, and have space available. We're also significantly cheaper than the American options. Our pricing starts at $63 USD/kW including tax.

Lowest-Cost Miner Hosting:  greatnorthdata.com
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:58:14 PM

If you're looking for hosting, we have a currently running operation in Labrador, Canada, and have space available. We're also significantly cheaper than the American options. Our pricing starts at $63 USD/kW including tax.

Awesome a great hosting company in Canada!  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
GiocareHost

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:10:17 PM

This thread was posted in 2014,and there and updates by the OP.
I think they have changed there mind or they are already on it & are mining all the blocks,lol.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:47:32 AM

very nice cooling setup ideal place for mining setup really high roof will help to keep place cool which miner are you planing to use there and looks like difficulity is going up more with more and more mining setups like these home mining will just die like its already in progress

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 03:57:18 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 12:00:26 AM by Dalkore

Everyone who has posted I wanted to say that this business is hard so please take that in mind when you go HAM on operators.  95% aren't even willing to put their hard earned money into building a datacenter.  You should be grateful people were willing to do that so you even had an option outside of a traditional datacenter.  Colo startups give you terms and pricing you will never see in the traditional datacenter.  I coincide there is a philosophy of cutting corners to save money but usually the people learn that it cost them more in the long run compared to growing slower.   I get the frustration but don't lose sight that these brave people have put a lot of effort into this to give miners another option, me included.

Cheers,
Dalkore  

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
lama-hunter

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:30:55 AM

omg - Why is the hall so big?

i mean, u guys wanne build up in the air in the future Cheesy Or u just get cheap an old bunker from the nazis Cheesy  Shocked

Otherwise very nice. Longs quit impressive ! Good Work Smiley
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 09:18:25 PM

i mean, u guys wanne build up in the air in the future Cheesy Or u just get cheap an old bunker from the nazis Cheesy  Shocked

I think that they have the additional height for air flow, since an INCREDIBLE amount of heat would be generated by all the ASICs running in that room, assuming they're all running at full capacity.

But planning for the future wouldn't be a bad idea, once an ROI is made, they can continue to expand, if they feel like it is the right decision.
aDude

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

they didnt design it this way, the building is an old fruit storage warehouse for a juice company(treetop). it was engineered for an entirely different purpose, and they thought they could use it for another, as you can see it didnt work out well. the local grapevine says the whole thing was not designed by datacenter engineers, which is probably why it failed with our 110+ degree days, that people not from here apparently were not expecting.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:40:02 PM

they didnt design it this way, the building is an old fruit storage warehouse for a juice company(treetop). it was engineered for an entirely different purpose, and they thought they could use it for another, as you can see it didnt work out well. the local grapevine says the whole thing was not designed by datacenter engineers, which is probably why it failed with our 110+ degree days, that people not from here apparently were not expecting.

Yup, without the head space to capture all the hot air those building must get smoking hot! 
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:29:42 PM

Seeing the damaged ant miner units form heat and problems I would not even host my equipment at your data center. Going off the picture the way everything is laid  out and your air flow management looks shocking and needs a lot of work on it. If you have had record temperatures and cooling problems then this clearly indicates you need to re design your infrastructure.

Be warned: Their "data center" is virtually inoperational since two weeks.
They have network, heat and communication problems.
Their technical capabilities are limited to run an operation this magnitude.
Stay away for the time being.

Hi Stefan,

We did have a period of network and cooling issues, but I'm glad to say that has been resolved and customers will be refunded for any downtime.

I'm working to implement some new technology to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Robert

Well if that has been in place then this should make things better but to be honest seeking the pictures from over heated miners and also blown chips on them would have to exceed boiling temps for this to be caused.

Going over CryptoCoin2015 posts with most of his equipment damaged due to this human error I do hope you have some cover on equipment or polices in place for events like that to cover for broke equipment and for new ones to replace them.

If it was me in your position with all the problems you have I would close shop, or to run at an optimal speed until all factors are covered but your main problem I can see from your location is design and that is something you guys really need to look into fixing the way your intake of air is and out take and surroundings, also your way the layout of your customers miners are. If you want help in re designing and having a lot better air flow less energy bills feel free to contact me.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
MustafaJohnMing

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 09:36:40 AM

That pics look very nice. Wishing you a good luck with your new biz!
Badr

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:34:50 PM

looks awesome.      BTC
Jamphone

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:45:56 PM

I like that people leave comments like "Looks awesome!" that suggest they never got past the first page.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: