Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:37:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did the police fuck up here?  (Read 2062 times)
Bizmark13 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:20:38 AM

Sometimes the police do good things. When terrorists kidnapped the Jewish athletes in the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, it was the police officers who risked their lives to save them. They failed to save them, but I think most people would agree that the fact they tried makes their actions good and heroic.

But then, I see stuff like this:

"Waiuku Police went to an address looking for someone in relation to not completing community work. As a result we arrested a 44 year old male for having drug related pipes on him in the bedroom. This was not the person we were after, but I suppose you could say was a bonus."

What do you think? Do you think they were justified in this occasion? If someone has a couple of marijuana pipes and isn't causing anyone harm then I see no reason why they should be harassed like this. Huh
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:24:56 AM

JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:28:41 AM

I could go on and on with the corruption that i have personally seen in the United states police state of america...

the fact that they would lock anyone way like a dog in a a concrete hole over a plant that is grown from seeds and water is beyond any comprehensive thought i cant try to make.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 11:15:39 AM

No victim, no crime.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 11:23:22 AM

Strictly speaking this should not be admissible in court in the US. When a warrant is issued it is supposed to outline the evidence to be seized, the crime, and the persons targeted in the raid. It could have been that the paraphernalia was out in the open and therefore did not constitute a search even though they were already in the dwelling. Unfortunately often things police just stumble upon become a bigger deal than what they showed up there for, and 3rd parties get wrapped up in lots of legal troubles as a result of someone else's actions. On a side note, where is this located? That cop looks like as if he is from the U.K.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:41:58 AM

Strictly speaking this should not be admissible in court in the US. When a warrant is issued it is supposed to outline the evidence to be seized, the crime, and the persons targeted in the raid. It could have been that the paraphernalia was out in the open and therefore did not constitute a search even though they were already in the dwelling. Unfortunately often things police just stumble upon become a bigger deal than what they showed up there for, and 3rd parties get wrapped up in lots of legal troubles as a result of someone else's actions. On a side note, where is this located? That cop looks like as if he is from the U.K.
When a warrant is issued, it is to outline both what can be seized and where the police can look. If the police are looking in places that are outlined in the warrant and stumble upon evidence of a crime they were not previously aware of then, they can investigate and arrest people for such crimes.

The moral of this is that it is advisable to not be involved with people who are doing other illegal activity
Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:23:33 AM

Yes, they fucked up. Definitely.

F*** the police.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
LiberyOrDeath

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:24:02 AM

Sometimes the police do good things. When terrorists kidnapped the Jewish athletes in the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, it was the police officers who risked their lives to save them. They failed to save them, but I think most people would agree that the fact they tried makes their actions good and heroic.

"Waiuku Police went to an address looking for someone in relation to not completing community work. As a result we arrested a 44 year old male for having drug related pipes on him in the bedroom. This was not the person we were after, but I suppose you could say was a bonus."

What do you think? Do you think they were justified in this occasion? If someone has a couple of marijuana pipes and isn't causing anyone harm then I see no reason why they should be harassed like this. Huh

Police always fuck up
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:05:18 PM

Obviously it shouldn't be an arrestable offense to take drugs or own drug paraphernalia, but if the cops spot something illegal going on wherever they are then they're going to act on it. But yeah, fuck cops  Cheesy.
cryptocoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:12:05 PM

I SAY

cryptocoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:12:47 PM

No victim, no crime.

totally agree

cryptocoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:28:26 PM

BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

I dont believe all police are bad people.
Actually, I believe the majority of people in general to be good, and therefore would expect the same ratio in the police profession.
However I feel police are misled via their training and due to the requirements of their jobs, into bad decisions, which reflects upon them as people.

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:35:30 AM

Find a crime, create victim, jail victim.

Wait...
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:43:06 AM

Police always fuck up

Fact. Source from my town - http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/10/05/lethbridge-pot-bust-daisies_n_1943328.html
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:35:25 AM

Firemen dont drive around looking for fires... Ambulance dont drive around looking for hurt people...
Fireman go out when someone or something is on fire... Ambulance go out when some one is sick and need fast ride to hospital...

Cop drives around looking for victimless crimes... Cops should only be dispatched when a crime has been commited against someone or someones property.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 07:39:13 AM

If it's illegal to have possession of the pipes, then yes the cops did the right thing. It's like getting busted for speeding...cops aren't looking for YOU speeding but you if you drive right past them speeding you should get pulled over.

Why so much tolerance for the criminals these days?

The US Garner (Staten Island) and Cleveland incidents excluded...Ferguson though, that guy assaulted an officer, was looking for confrontation.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 07:42:45 AM

Firemen dont drive around looking for fires... Ambulance dont drive around looking for hurt people...
Fireman go out when someone or something is on fire... Ambulance go out when some one is sick and need fast ride to hospital...

Cop drives around looking for victimless crimes... Cops should only be dispatched when a crime has been commited against someone or someones property.

The cop's job is to go around looking for people breaking the law. The people that come around after someone has broken the law are the paramedics and the insurance adjusters. If cops are only dispatched after a crime has been committed every crime would be able to be committed without being caught in the act.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:27:57 AM

The cop's job is to go around looking for people breaking the law. The people that come around after someone has broken the law are the paramedics and the insurance adjusters. If cops are only dispatched after a crime has been committed every crime would be able to be committed without being caught in the act.

Who is going to knowingly commit a crime in front of a cop? Nobody; the theory of a uniform and marked vehicle patrol is deterrence via identification. Almost every crime lasting fewer than 5 minutes is committed without being caught, by uniformed police (who take minutes to arrive because we cannot afford to pay for a 1:1 cop:civilian ratio in any society), in the act.

If cops were plainclothed (and law-abiding sane civilians were armed), criminals with self-preservation instincts (99.9% of them) would have to view everyone as a possible threat, and only risk targeting victims who don't seem to be able to conceal a carry weapon, when nobody else is around.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:05:04 PM

Real police officer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z883vZRCpsA
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: