Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Trade-Up Program - I have seen the light !  (Read 5501 times)
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:36:31 PM

Another win by BFL.

They could have completely screwed their customers and not offer any trade in so value of single with ASIC coming = maybe $10.

Now this basically ensures the value of the single is at least $300 which is excellent for some who are half way through paying off the unit and want to sell right now and stop gambling.
Is your calculator broken?

Since the trade in value is only 50% not 1:1 so 2 Singles cannot be swapped for a SC single but 1 single + 700 USD = one new SC single ?

Maybe my head is broken Cheesy

The value of an old Single on the secondary market should continue to hover close to it's $599 purchase price minus shipping and any convenience costs of exchange with whoever wants to buy it in preparation to pick up his SC.  When we receive it towards the purchase of an SC, it will be accepted at it's full $599 value.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:37:10 PM

I never said you were wrong, I was just poking all your OCD buttons yesterday. Grin

OCD ? ME ?....well, that's obvious...LOL

I feel like I have just exercised the demons..... This house is clear.

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:38:50 PM

Another win by BFL.

They could have completely screwed their customers and not offer any trade in so value of single with ASIC coming = maybe $10.

Now this basically ensures the value of the single is at least $300 which is excellent for some who are half way through paying off the unit and want to sell right now and stop gambling.

Since the trade in value is only 50% not 1:1 so 2 Singles cannot be swapped for a SC single but 1 single + 700 USD = one new SC single ?

The value of an old Single on the secondary market should continue to hover close to it's $599 purchase price minus shipping and any convenience costs of exchange with whoever wants to buy it in preparation to pick up his SC.  When we receive it towards the purchase of an SC, it will be accepted at it's full $599 value.

Fair enough, I admit my calculations were wrong.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:39:18 PM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

I don't know if I believe this post since on the BFL press release it says very clearly ---

"Because our first and second generation equipment is expected to be outpaced very quickly by the new hardware, customers who have purchased earlier generation products will be able to trade them in at 100% of their value toward the purchase of SC-generation hardware."

It would be nice if BFL would come here and explain this in their own words rather than hear it from a 3rd party.

Wow, I thought I was a bit more trusted here than that.  I don't love to bash BFL, and I'd never purposefully post something untruthful.

Another win by BFL.

The trade in value is 100%.  But only 50% of the purchase price of any of the new miners can be old miners.  So yes, your calculator is broken.

I would expect previous-gen singles to hold their value quite well, even up to the point of first shipment of ASICs, at which point they may go for a slight discount (say, $450 to $500) to be used for $600 of trade in value on new SC miners.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:42:57 PM

So wait....

I can't just trade in either my 50 Singles for a new ASIC Mini-Rig ? or my 2 current Mini-Rigs for a brand new ASIC Mini-Rig ? ...WITHOUT any additional money ?

WTF ? Where's the 100% ! ? ! ?  Roll Eyes

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:43:18 PM

Another win by BFL.

This.  It will be like selling giftcards......people are willing to pay close to the value, but demand a discount to facilitate the exchange.  

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:50:00 PM

All sarcasm aside, BFL have made many current customer's dreams....a NIGHTMARE.

You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

AND THERE WE HAVE IT.....

So, what this means is, all of you mini-rig owners and multiple mini-rig owners, be prepared to pay an additional $15,000 for each upgrade unless you want your 25 GH rig to become a door stop once ASICs fully penetrate the market and leave you in the dust.

I am now done. Argue, fight...fuck, I really don't care, because I LOST NOTHING....
(and am laughing , as you can't see my face, so you will have to take my word for it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I want to apologize to everyone who pointed out and said I was wrong, in regards to my previous SPECULATION(S)....
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT and it all makes sense now.

SO..Get your BFL Orders in SOON ! ....while there is still product to be shipped. http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/
With BFL's 100% Trade-up Value Program, you have nothing to lose, but only gain.
http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-faq/

For those wondering, "What will I be able to do with my current BFL hardware ?", here it is.... just a few examples:

- Trade 1 old BFL Single for 4 new Jalapenos ($600 vs $600, 850 MH vs. 9 10.5 GH !)
- Trade 2 old BFL Singles in for 1 new ASIC Single and pay only $100 difference ! ($1,200 vs. $1,300, 1.7 GH vs 40 GH !)
- Trade 11 old BFL Singles in for 5 new ASIC Singles + 1 Jalapeno AND Pay only $50 difference ($6,600 vs. $6,650, 9.4 GH vs. 203.5 GH !)
- Trade 50 Old BFL Singles for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 43 GH vs. 1TH !)
- Trade 2 old BFL Mini Rigs for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 50 GH vs. 1TH !)

...but what am I telling people something they can figure out for themselves. You all know what the deal is, right ?
The TRADE possibilities would be ENDLESS ! - With little or NO MONEY involved !
Show your support for the company that strives to support YOU ! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

I personally can't wait for this Trade-Up program to commense...
IT WILL BE LIKE Christmas when it does (and I mean the FEELING, NOT the time of year).

Cheers,
bitlane.

PS> I am not affiliated with Butterfly Labs in any way. I am just providing this info, because I CARE.

For anyone who missed the day's events, please understand that this post is 7,000% PURE SARCASM
...(yes, Seven Thousand Percent)

swish...
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:51:48 PM

cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:55:23 PM

LMFAO

EPIC!!!

the A-TEAM was my all time favorite show when I was a kid
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:25:14 PM

Another win by BFL.

This.  It will be like selling giftcards......people are willing to pay close to the value, but demand a discount to facilitate the exchange.  

The old hardware might even fetch a small premium over retail for a while, since you can mine on the old hardware until the new hardware is ready to ship. But of course as difficulty rises this benefit will diminish.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:36:01 PM

Another win by BFL.

The old hardware might even fetch a small premium over retail for a while, since you can mine on the old hardware until the new hardware is ready to ship. But of course as difficulty rises this benefit will diminish.

very interesting take.....I could completely see that happening. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 08:26:36 PM

AND THERE WE HAVE IT.....

You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  
Sweet, are you going to stop raising cain now? The past few days, half of the posts have been you bitching endlessly.

Tell me that I was right and I will run away and die a happy man.....

I'd never give your bitching ass the satisfaction
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 08:48:41 PM

Kyle, I have a special task for you. Suck my c***!

Bitlane was right and that was pretty damn impressive. I say he has earned that internet detective batch.
Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:23:52 PM

Bitlane was right and that was pretty damn impressive. I say he has earned that internet detective batch.

whats a detective BATCH!?!?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:28:28 PM

I don't know, but I want one.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:33:58 PM

I don't know, but I want one.

lol, for bitlane's sake, I hope it's a batch o' bitcoins.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:46:10 PM

LMFAO

EPIC!!!

the A-TEAM was my all time favorite show when I was a kid

Ummm, have we actually considered getting in contact with the A-Team?  They might be able to provide some leverage.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 12:08:45 AM

http://tmblr.co/ZMIp3vNoFWDT

The internet detective award goes too...

Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 12:14:45 AM

http://tmblr.co/ZMIp3vNoFWDT

The internet detective award goes too...
SWEET!!!!  Shocked
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 05:08:02 AM

Thanks guys....I am honored.

I would like to thank:
1) My medication.
2) The Voices in my head and forces of good and evil at constant battle for control of my soul.
...and last but not least...
3) Butterfly Labs, for being such TWATS....

...Thank you.
bitlane.
Internet Detective

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: