Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: https://bitdaytrade.com Bitcoin Gold & Commodities margin trading  (Read 19478 times)
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 03:03:46 AM

is there a way to login with a user name? I just got a password reset and I never reset the password, think it would be better security...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdaytrade (OP)

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:36:14 AM

is there a way to login with a user name? I just got a password reset and I never reset the password, think it would be better security...

Send us an email with details of your account so we can investigate the issue. Thank you
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:36:54 AM

What do you mean ? in order to login, you need a username and a password.
Send us an email with details of your account so we can investigate the issue. Thank you
dopamine

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 11:38:04 AM

username would be a email address, but instead give a option to have a user name instead of using a email address...

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 03:18:03 AM

If they offer leverage for btc, who will be able to resist hopping on board? Even though its a slow-motion trainwreck, plain as day.

How many mistakes, whether beta or not? First a corrupted positions table (bitdaytrade: the database should be configured append-only), then plaintext debug messages revealing internal passwords. Better get professional real fast, before you lose huge sums of profit to a "bug in the hedging bot" like bitcoinica did.

How will bitdaytrade handle the net position getting too lopsided? After a fiasco where bitcoinica couldn't close people's shorts because they got too net long and there were no USD funds available for their hedging bot, they had limits indicated by asterisks on the buy or sell button (so positions were only opened on a first come first serve basis).

I look forward to bitdaytrade becoming a solid, stable platform. Professionalism in bitcoin services increases confidence overall.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 06:55:15 PM

To spell it out for you:

Incompetence is either acted as such to conceal a scam or real in which case your money isn't safe either. Anyway I'm jumping off at the first sign of trouble which probably is too early but at least not too late...
nuff said.
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 09:51:48 AM

To spell it out for you:

Incompetence is either acted as such to conceal a scam or real in which case your money isn't safe either. Anyway I'm jumping off at the first sign of trouble which probably is too early but at least not too late...
nuff said.

You decide to do whatever you like with your funds, but don't spread useless FUD, there's already enough.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:08:29 AM

To spell it out for you:

nuff said.

You decide to do whatever you like with your funds, but don't spread useless FUD, there's already enough.

Do you use 2-factor auth on your mtgox account? Is your mtgox API key hardcoded on in your production code? (It should be stored in memory so it is not accessible after a system reboot). How about your instaforex account API key?

[...]
Don't worry for now about our methods to protecting from price spikes, they are tested throughly as they are an important part of the CFD trading system itself.
[...]

Obviously your system was not and is not thoroughly tested. If it was then, you would not have had wrong volume figures.

[...]
The positions table was corrupted entirely because of wrong volume figures, impossible to recover, hence we took decision to reset. This won't happen again as we have fixed a bug that was previously unknow.

Are you using that new agile motto for success? Fail quickly and fail often.

naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:13:09 AM

I want to try it  Wink

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 12:11:47 PM

To spell it out for you:

nuff said.

Do you use 2-factor auth on your mtgox account? Is your mtgox API key hardcoded on in your production code? (It should be stored in memory so it is not accessible after a system reboot). How about your instaforex account API key?

[...]
Don't worry for now about our methods to protecting from price spikes, they are tested throughly as they are an important part of the CFD trading system itself.
[...]

Obviously your system was not and is not thoroughly tested. If it was then, you would not have had wrong volume figures.

[...]
The positions table was corrupted entirely because of wrong volume figures, impossible to recover, hence we took decision to reset. This won't happen again as we have fixed a bug that was previously unknow.

Are you using that new agile motto for success? Fail quickly and fail often.

The only one failing here, is yourself. We didn't have any more data corruption ever since. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Please leave us alone.Thank you.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 08:57:20 AM

PM`ed  Wink

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
dopamine

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:32:03 PM

I would also recommend browser authentication. Browser identification: An identification token from your browser is registered with bitdaytrade to prevent unauthorized browsers from using your account. This method is used by some banks to help secure your account. I have never had any accounts compromised and can honestly say that this was the first time for me. I'm just suggesting that you guys will be the next target for bitcoin hiest. Please take every precaution for this to never happen.

Ichthyo

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:33:45 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2012, 10:06:38 PM by Ichthyo

Warning -- right now seriously broken!

• on returing, I noticed that all my postitions had been closed, without a close price (and without obvious reason)
  • when opening a 2 contract position, the base price is NaN
  • the Profit is incredible, and the position can ba closed, resulting in a huge positiv bitcoin balance

Now all what is required would be the ability to withdraw those bitcoins, and you'd made my day!!

Wink

PS: we know it is beta -- take it with irony, bugs sometimes produce hilarious effects
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:00:09 AM

Not even surprised. Expect anything from this site.

They claim to hedge trades on instaforex, but that's a lie since instaforex doesn't provide an API for their customers. Its a crude bucket shop.

bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:34:13 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2012, 01:14:10 AM by bitdaytrade

• on returing, I noticed that all my postitions had been closed, without a close price (and without obvious reason)
  • when opening a 2 contract position, the base price is NaN
  • the Profit is incredible, and the position can ba closed, resulting in a huge positiv bitcoin balance

Now all what is required would be the ability to withdraw those bitcoins, and you'd made my day!!

Wink

PS: we know it is beta -- take it with irony, bugs sometimes produce hilarious effects

We apologizes, it's a temporary malfunctioning due to intervention on the server for adding bitcoin margin trading functionality ( now in private testing ).  This issue has affected the site for about 30 minutes today. and was promptly fixed.  Please email us about how you would like us to restore your positions and you will be also getting an invite for testing bitcoin margin trading, as we recognize you're a prominent user of the site Wink
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:38:20 AM

Not even surprised. Expect anything from this site.

They claim to hedge trades on instaforex, but that's a lie since instaforex doesn't provide an API for their customers. Its a crude bucket shop.

Take it lightly, as said, we're in beta and some issues are still being worked out, moreover we're adding bitcoin margin trading to the offer, with realtime hedging on mtgox. As per Instaforex, they do provide an API, and it's used for gold quotes, for actual hedging we use a custom tool developed to work with our preferred trading platform.
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:42:05 AM

I would also recommend browser authentication. Browser identification: An identification token from your browser is registered with bitdaytrade to prevent unauthorized browsers from using your account. This method is used by some banks to help secure your account. I have never had any accounts compromised and can honestly say that this was the first time for me. I'm just suggesting that you guys will be the next target for bitcoin hiest. Please take every precaution for this to never happen.

great idea, we'll look into that.
Ichthyo

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:41:26 PM

We apologizes, it's a temporary malfunctioning due to intervention on the server for adding bitcoin margin trading functionality ( now in private testing ).  This issue has affected the site for about 30 minutes today. and was promptly fixed.

Just to confirm: All positions where corrected and the history cleaned and contains only the real movements,
so everything looks leveled again. Bitdaytrade support responded early this morning and confrimed the withdrawal
of the real currency balance, which I had requested due to security concerns.

Up to now, the support has always been promply and friendly, and any problems discovered while testing were fixed ASAP.
Ichthyo

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:54:34 PM

Since the skin redesign of the site/frontpage, there is a somewhat annoying behaviour:

The site now has a timeout and logs you out automatically. Generally speaking this is good security practice, but especially in case of a daytrading platform, it is clearly counterproductive. Since you typically want to leave that open and step by from time to time, while working on other stuff.

Thus I'd request a feature, where you can set your own account timeout in the settings.
Ichthyo

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:59:13 PM

The timestamp displayed in the history is somewhat confusing. I didn't find any indication which timezone you're applying, but from the values displayed I take it's UTC - 2

Thus my request
  • let the user set her own time zone
  • -- or -- display timestamps in UTC
  • -- or -- at least add an indication of the timezone
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: